If you had to choose?

rattler

If you had to choose something to enhance game play would you consider the Saitek foot pedals for rudder and braking, Tracker Ir Pro4 for head movement or voice command (voice recognition for keyfunctions). I know some would say pedals and tracker and some would say all three but in a 1st , 2nd and 3rd, what would be most peoples pick. I have my own thoughts but would like to see what others have to say. Most have used the first two that I mentioned but no one has ever said anything about the voice command. I have no experience in any of them other than what I read. I think I know the answer but you people here have used at least two of the choices and your thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

Track IR would give me head aches, I can get them just by watching others tracks while using them. I currently use the X52 mini stick and works very well. So my next step would get the pedals intead.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Most ppl here allready have some sort of voice recognition software for LOMAC. This really should be a poll. :edit: Mad beat me to it. But heres my list anyways:

1. TIR4

2. Rudder and pedals

3. Dual thrust HOTAS

4. Touch Screen

5. Voice Command

It would sure be nice to have a monitor that gives you a true 90 degree perspective instead of having to rely on multiple monitors. But something that big would most likely cost a small fortune.

This is a no brainer, TIR 4 pro Vector.

You can get VAC, (Voice recognition program for free); Rudder are nice, and I have them, but you can live without them.

Once you take a few weeks to get use to TIR, you will never fly without it. That's what EVERYONE WILL TELL YOU that stuck with it and gave it a chance. I had TIR 1, TIR 3, TIR 3pro, and now TIR 4pro Vector. Money well spent.

My daughter broke my HOTAS and I gave my TRACKIR2 to a friend and sold my PC about a year ago and got a laptop. I just recently build a new PC for LockON. I ran short on cash and had to choose between a HOTAS and TrackIR and TRACKIR was first, easily hands down decision. I get the HOTAS on payday this Friday coming up - I already had rudder pedals. Definitley my vote is for TRACKIR.

cheers

Track IR would give me head aches, I can get them just by watching others tracks while using them. I currently use the X52 mini stick and works very well. So my next step would get the pedals intead.

Maybe the profile you had or seen was wrong. I have a good profile that I have been using for about 3 years. TIR never gave me a problem even when I first got it.

Track IR hands down, then rudder pedals, voice rec a distant 3rd. I use to use it for Janes F-15 for the WSO controls and wingmen/awacs which was great. I wouldn't use it much for Lomac as I only play online.

3Sqn - Largest distributor of Flanker, Fulcrum and Frogfoot parts in the Black Sea Region

Maybe the profile you had or seen was wrong. I have a good profile that I have been using for about 3 years. TIR never gave me a problem even when I first got it.

No it wasnt, the person who sent me the tracks was someone "highly recommended". :)

My PC specs below:

No it wasnt, the person who sent me the tracks was someone "highly recommended". :)

So you haven't tried it out in person, you just saw a video of it? Don't knock it til you try it.

I get sick watching other tracks/videos when they use a TrackIR, but I wouldnt fly without one :) Its like being car sick... never get sick driving, but sometimes get sick as passenger.

I would rather lose my HOTAS than my TIR (or my touchscreen)

TIR I’m not interested in, I use the mouse to look around and it works great, so my number one would be a CH Hotas but I’m happy with my set up so I’m in no rush. As for rudder pedals well that’s just more cables running around my PC :no_sad: so a twist grip or rocker switch is more my kind of thing.

My dream would be for a CH Hotas with dual throttle, force feedback and a twist grip for rudder control, if CH made that set up I would’ve bought it yesterday. :thumbup:

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.

So you haven't tried it out in person, you just saw a video of it? Don't knock it til you try it.

Well untill my search for a new job is crowned with success I have put all non essencial expenses on hold, including all my hobbies. Shouldnt be an issue within 2-3 months from now. :)

My PC specs below:

Don't tell me you're not using TrackIR..No0b.:music_whistling:

:smilewink:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

2nd Company 1st financial guard battalion "Mrcine"

See our squads here and our

Croatian radio chat for DCS World

As mentioned watching a TIR track and flying with one are two different things. I have to agree with the majority here, for me it would be

1:TIR4

2:Rudders

3:Touch Buddy\Touchscreen

4:VAC (Voice Activated Commands) for voice activation. I use this with an alternate push to talk button to TS on my stick so I can say phrases like GK! S! and Raygun into my mic and have them typed for me. Hands On Throttle and Stick. HOTAS baby HOTAS!:joystick:

Out

TrackIR is the most important thing to me. My preciouuussss.

You can buy a cheap second-hand racing wheel and use it's pedals instead of real rudder. But better save money for HOTAS if you still don't have any.

As for voice recognition software, it may be a good idea in MSFS, where it can simulate you co-pilot (Hey Frankie, flaps 15, gear down, turn on wipers and bring me some coffe). In Lock On's single seaters i think it's not so important.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Well untill my search for a new job is crowned with success I have put all non essencial expenses on hold, including all my hobbies. Shouldnt be an issue within 2-3 months from now. :)

Good luck with landing that big money maker! When you do land it......remember the little people "cough" Cali "cough".