Belsimtek F-16

Archer

The Block 52 is the one that fits snugly into the 1990s time frame of DCS.

dcs is not 1990s timeframe. you're just cherrypicking to try to push your own fantasy.

I don't see why we would need an all-encompassing-multirole block 9487 F-16 when the F-18 is right around the corner....

cuz the f-18 doesnt let you accessorize as hard.

lets be honest here, the f-16 is the m4 of the aircraft world and certain people only get a sense of fulfillment once they fill up the armament menu by hanging every pod, missile and bomb they can.

Edited by probad
  • Like 1

I don't see why we would need an all-encompassing-multirole block 9487 F-16 when the F-18 is right around the corner....

Well, I wouldn't say this is about 'needing' something. It is rather about 'wanting' it, for several reasons.

Some people like the F-16 more than the Hornet because it is USAF instead of USN, others because of nostalgia, or because it is better in something than the F/A-18

I don't care that much about the F-16 myself, although I think it is a nice plane. The more the merrier, I'd like to have it available and there is a high probability that I would buy it.

Can I live without it? Yes, as soon as we have the Hornet. :)

dcs is not 1990s timeframe. you're just cherrypicking to try to push your own fantasy.

cuz the f-18 doesnt let you accessorize as hard.

lets be honest here, the f-16 is the barbie of the aircraft world and certain people only get a sense of fulfillment once they fill up the armament menu by hanging every pod, missile and bomb they can.

There, fixed.

• Like 2

Despite all cries to the contrary, any DCS: F-16 module will have to compete with Falcon BMS, which has multiple versions of the F-16, almost enough for everyone. Comparing yourself to that sim, which has had nearly two decades to mature, and only doing one version, which will piss off at least 60% of all the folks asking for an F-16, is exactly why we haven't gotten one. There is no win here for ED, especially not with the missile code the way it is (though it's now been slated to be improved after they finish overhauling the AG missiles), and with a lack of a dynamic campaign, the module will seem rather spartan.

i dont think it would piss ppl off. Theres obviously some room for improvement but missile physics are by no means bad. this isnt Strike fighters or Il2 jet era mod FCS.

why blk 52?, cuse its a 1990s aircraft - present in service with USAF. falcom bms may have multiple variotions of the F16 but i even recall reading the block 52 isnt properly modeled as its borrowing off Blck 40 cockpit with some minor modifications. Falcon bms has been mainted by modders . ( still a good job though) not by full time paid developers who have budges and can afford to to hire historical researchers and/ or former pilots as consultants.

we could get block 40 cuse its late 80s and almost as capable, and would be in time for the gulf war.

but if weve got a 90s era f15c no point having f16a or early block C's. better to have to a similar timeframe to FC3 f15C and the F18C thats coming soon.

F-16Is are Block 52+, used by Israel, not Block 60, which are used by the UAE. The first and second last are both this variant. The second one is a Greek Block 52 and the last is a Singaporean Block 52.

well the point those those much more modern 2000s f16s, the blk 52+ is not the basic Blk52. i was reffering to block 52, not blk 52 + or any more modernized variant other wise i would have noted as such. I woudlnt expect that modern of aircraft to be in DCS.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

i dont think it would piss ppl off. Theres obviously some room for improvement but missile physics are by no means bad. this isnt Strike fighters or Il2 jet era mod FCS.

Oh it certainly would piss people off. If you picked a Block 15, the folks who wanted a 40/42 or a 50/52 would be angry, if you picked a new block 50/52, the old crowd would be angry. ED cannot win in this situation frankly. Any F-16 they pick will be the "wrong one". And as for the missiles, dear god they're absoltuly awful. The joke about the missiles having drouge chutes isn't all that idle of a jest if you look at how much energy they lose the moment the engine cuts out. Hell, the most egrigious display of how god awful the current A/A missile code is was demonstrated graphically by a mirage who shot himself down with his own missile.

why blk 52?, cuse its a 1990s aircraft - present in service with USAF. falcom bms may have multiple variotions of the F16 but i even recall reading the block 52 isnt properly modeled as its borrowing off Blck 40 cockpit with some minor modifications. Falcon bms has been mainted by modders . ( still a good job though) not by full time paid developers who have budges and can afford to to hire historical researchers and/ or former pilots as consultants.

Nope, most recent version of BMS has multiple cockpits for multiple varients, they were quite proud of it, so flying a Sufa or an MLU or a Block 40 ect all have different cockpits. And I hate to pick a fight, but BMS has hands down the very best flight model of an F-16 ever made. Straight from the NASA test data, and validated by F-16 pilots. Is the sim perfect? Hell no, but it's very much on par with what DCS has managed, and it's flight model cannot be challenged..

well the point those those much more modern 2000s f16s, the blk 52+ is not the basic Blk52. i was reffering to block 52, not blk 52 + or any more modernized variant other wise i would have noted as such. I woudlnt expect that modern of aircraft to be in DCS.
I'm afraid you missed my point with posting the pictures of several Block 52s. A few folks were complaining that the Block 52 was ugly because of the CFTs and the avionics spine present on some models. I was merely showing them that the plane can either look like an Ikea show room with all kinds of pods and extras strapped to every flat surface, or have the same lovely lines as every other F-16.