[DCS FC3] MiG-29 Complete English Cockpit Mod

To clarify the second test:

in FC3, the textures are at \Mods\aircraft\Flaming Cliffs\Cockpit\Textures in MIG-29-13-CPT-TEXTURES.zip.

Your folder structure will differ, eg Mods\aircraft\Mig-29\Cockpit\Textures.

You would then create a folder called MIG-29-13-CPT-TEXTURES in \Textures and copy the mod textures there.

Does it work then? While you're there: does the zip have the same name as mine? Do the textures in that zip have the same names as the mod textures?

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance
"Nun siegt mal schön!" - Theodor Heuss, September 1958

"Nobody has any intention of building a wall." - Walter Ulbricht, June 1961
"Russia has no plans to invade either Ukraine or any other country.
" - Vladimir Chizhov, Russia's ambassador to the EU, January 2022

So, i tried ams999 first suggestion and we have almost broken throught the clouds :)

When installed in savedgames/... and 'English' renamed to 'default', the following semi-working behaviour happens. If the English folder for all three variants is renamed to default, the Mig-29S (containing the actual modded textures and stuff) works properly, but both A and G variants don't show any textures at all anymore (only that green/yellow hex pattern for missing textures). When the Mig-29s English folder is NOT renamed to 'default', but variants A and G have been renamed to 'default', the S variant shows the proper russian vanilla textures, and both A and G work properly and show the modded english textures. Quite funky that is :)

And i am pretty sure i tried that before, renaming English to default i mean, but i didn't notice any difference back then. Must have been sloppy.

@JumboJBT Give this a shot so we know it's similar in your case having the standalone modul also.

I have not tried ams999 second test.

EDIT; scrap half of the above. I had to replace 'English' for 'default' in the A and G variants description.lua to call the correct textures, of course. So renaming all 'English' folders to default and replacing all 'English' with 'default' path referrals inside the description.luas of both A and G variants does the trick. So, the question is, why does the S variant with the 'English' folder does not work properly?

Edited by sc_neo

This mod works on OpenBeta. Maybe something is missing in Stable version.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Good to see that you got it somewhat working! The second test was to see if the textures work at all; as it works for you now with 'default', that test can be disregarded.

Hopefully, you'll get it working completely with stand-alone eventually!

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance
"Nun siegt mal schön!" - Theodor Heuss, September 1958

"Nobody has any intention of building a wall." - Walter Ulbricht, June 1961
"Russia has no plans to invade either Ukraine or any other country.
" - Vladimir Chizhov, Russia's ambassador to the EU, January 2022

• 7 months later...

Thank you LordOrion. :)

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5

• 6 months later...

I too must ask if anyone has any further advice for those who do not have the cockpits working as intended?

I tried the cockpits for the MIG-29 in "stable" where they would not work as mentioned in this thread.

BUT: I tried the cockpits also in the "open beta" branch (build 2.5.6.47404)

And I tried both potential saving locations:

from the original readme:

Copy (or hold & drag) "Liveries" folder (from my mod) into "C:\Users\{your-user-name}\Saved Games\DCS" folder and overwrite.

From the comments at the mod download page ("instructions slightly outdated" user remark"):

C:\Users\{your-user-name}\Saved Games\DCS" put it in "D:\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\MiG-29\Liveries" if you bought the MiG-29 seperately

(I tried both a build using that folderstructure and my personal build structure)

In both cases the drop-down menu for "Customized Cockpit Mig-29AGS" would show an <English> option.

In DCS the cockpit labels/textures would remain in <default>

Then I tried with folder saved in both mentioned locations in parallel (so 2 copies of the cockpit in 2 locations at the same time).

The drop-down menu for "Customized Cockpit Mig-29AGS" would even show TWO <English> options.

In DCS the cockpit labels/textures would remain in <default>, not matter which one of the two <English> options was selected.

Test was done for the separate MIG-29 airframe module (not from the FC-Package)

Open beta build was 2.5.6.47404

Stable build was the latest at the timestamp of this post.

OS was Windows 10Pro (fully updated)

DCS branch was installed in SSD with drive designation <C> (also the OS drive)

Since the cockpits are both working for many people who have downloaded them and the modder it must have to do with <something> of local install or OS condition, unless there is anything in the luas or the textures where this could be mitigated/prevented.

Thank you in advance for any further ideas.

UPDATE:

I caved and followed the advice from above for the stable-branch in the open-beta branch.

By saving the folders in the location from the original readme, renaming all 3 folders to <default> and replacing the <English> in the luas for the A & G and in their folders, then selecting the <default> entry in DCS I made the cockpits work in the open-beta branch.

For now it passed integrity check for multiplayer aso.

UPDATE 2:

DCS 2.5.6.50321 Open Beta - all active cockpit bulb lighting broken, grey flat texture instead of correct lighting, labeled lights textstrings do appear if light comes on

Edited by rogorogo504
Update

• 3 months later...

Hi guys.

I'm so sorry I haven't been around here for a while.

I've read all posts and tested the mod but, it's working properly on my side. I'm OpenBeta user.

Please, could you tell me again what's all these problems?

Firends who experiencing troubles are Steam or Stable Version users?

Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...
CHANGELOG

---------

v1.3 - Updated for ED's latest texture updates!

Need Help.

I have the V1.3 downloaded and liveries file unzipped into my save games folder

SavedGames/DCS/liveries/cockpit MIG-29A

/cockpit MIG-29G

/cockpit MIG-29S

I can go to special under the setting menu and select english for all three planes but when I go into the MIG-29 it's still shows all Russian labeling in cockpit.

I could understand if I loaded it wrong but it's showing up under the settings menu as available.

[EDIT]

I just opened up each plane types file and the 29A and 29G only show one .lua file while the 29S has several livery based files.

Is this correct?

[EDIT]

In your instructions you talk about deleting the /english folder in the folder line. Does that mean you want or need us to copy each folder files under the individual planes designation such as instead of it reading Liveries/MIG-29A /english it should read Liveries/MIG-29A

Edited by msmith301
Update

Need Help.

I have the V1.3 downloaded and liveries file unzipped into my save games folder

SavedGames/DCS/liveries/cockpit MIG-29A

/cockpit MIG-29G

/cockpit MIG-29S

I can go to special under the setting menu and select english for all three planes but when I go into the MIG-29 it's still shows all Russian labeling in cockpit.

I could understand if I loaded it wrong but it's showing up under the settings menu as available.

[EDIT]

I just opened up each plane types file and the 29A and 29G only show one .lua file while the 29S has several livery based files.

Is this correct?

[EDIT]

In your instructions you talk about deleting the /english folder in the folder line. Does that mean you want or need us to copy each folder files under the individual planes designation such as instead of it reading Liveries/MIG-29A /english it should read Liveries/MIG-29A

First off I didn't realize when you were talking about deleting the english file it was to uninstall the mod. So I didn't do that.

However having said that since saving the file to my saved game files didn't work I copied the files into the program files. Isn't this where it should go?

Still nothing.

Shouldn't these files be copied into the cockpit file in the MIG-29 file and not the liveries?

Liveries is for exterior.

Also why is the original cockpit file in the program files a compressed file?

Edited by msmith301

I've just installed and checked the mod. It's working here.

Are you a Steam user?

You must see these cockpit folders in Saved Games/DCS/Liveries folder.

See the image.

installed_cockpit_mods.JPG.e13ea0d1d9cb2f5f4e45cae23fec0619.JPG

No I am not. At least not with DCS...
Weird. Since you're DCS or beta user, the mod has to be working!

Weird. Since you're DCS or beta user, the mod has to be working!

I have the option in the special setting window to choose either default or english for the MIG 29 but it's not showing up when I go to the actual cockpit.

One other thing I have a bad feeling that I replaced all my stock liveries in the savedgame/DCS folder with these 3 MIG folders because in the instructions it said to overwrite.

I don't see any of the other liveries that come with the game.

I have the option in the special setting window to choose either default or english for the MIG 29 but it's not showing up when I go to the actual cockpit.

One other thing I have a bad feeling that I replaced all my stock liveries in the savedgame/DCS folder with these 3 MIG folders because in the instructions it said to overwrite.

I don't see any of the other liveries that come with the game.

my saved games file looks like this:

saved games/DCS/Liveries/cockpit MIG-29A

saved games/DCS/Liveries/cockpit MIG-29G

saved games/DCS/Liveries/cockpit MIG-29S

[Edit]

Sorry forgot the "cockpit" in the line

Edited by msmith301

No. That "overwrite" thing is just for "Liveries" folder warning. It's not an important thing.

Saved Games/Liveries is just for the user mods or things. No worries.

The stock liveries are in Program Files/... ... ... /{aircraft}/Liveries/ folder.

Another Q: You have FC3 or stand alone MiG module?

[Edit]

Yeah I did something wrong somewhere.

I've lost all my F-5E liveries. Only have 2 now.

Had several before this.

That's exactly how I have it.

I only have the three MIGs under special because this is the first conversion I've installed.

Question:

Why would you have us overwrite the existing liverie files in saved games instead of adding it to the already existing files.

Now I've lost all my other liveries in this file including the many F-5E exterior liveries found in this file.

I have the stand alone MIG-29

No FC3.

[Edit]

Seeing how your spelling your Directories names may be the problem, I had issues with the A-10c War horse mod and it was because the spelling and case of the directory names had to be exactly right. The MIG with a mixture of uppercase and lowercase letters and with the _ between "Cockpit_MiG-29A":

ie for the mig it is:

1. C:\Users\Yourname\My Documents\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Liveries\Cockpit_MiG-29A\English\
  2. C:\Users\Yourname\My Documents\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Liveries\Cockpit_MiG-29G\English\
  3. C:\Users\Yourname\My Documents\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Liveries\Cockpit_MiG-29S\English\

Files in the English folders should be similiar to this with only one lua file = Description.lua.

- I have ammended the incorrect data provided earlier from his older version of this mod, ED has changed a lot of the texture names and devrim has adjusted the descriptions to point to the new textures that are now stored only in the MiG-29S folder and not in all three variants folders as before.

C:\User\Ian\My Documents\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Liveries\Cockpit_MiG-29A\English\ - Page 1/1

- description.lua 2,040 17/03/2019 03:11p -a--

C:\User\Ian\My Documents\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Liveries\Cockpit_MiG-29G\English\ - Page 1/1

- description.lua 2,040 17/03/2019 03:11p -a--

C:\User\Ian\My Documents\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Liveries\Cockpit_MiG-29S\English\ - Page 1/1

description.lua 1,440 07/03/2019 02:17a -a--

Mig-29_cpt_k36.dds 2,796,344 03/03/2019 03:53p -a--

Mig-29_cpt_lamps.tga 4,194,348 07/03/2019 01:41a -a--

Mig-29-13_cockpit_HUD.dds 2,796,344 03/03/2019 03:56p -a--

Mig29-13_cockpit_TX1.dds 22,369,776 07/03/2019 01:51a -a--

Mig29-13_cockpit_TX1_Normal.dds 11,184,952 06/03/2019 11:41p -a--

Mig29-13_cockpit_TX1_RoughMet.dds 22,369,776 07/03/2019 02:23a -a--

Mig29-13_cockpit_TX2.dds 22,369,776 03/03/2019 04:08p -a--

Mig29-13_cockpit_TX2_RoughMet.dds 22,369,776 03/03/2019 04:10p -a--

Mig29-13_cockpit_TX3.dds 22,369,776 06/03/2019 11:59p -a--

Mig29-13_cockpit_TX3_RoughMet.dds 22,369,776 07/03/2019 12:04a -a--

Mig-29-cpt_EKR.dds 327,808 21/05/2017 06:31p -a--

Mig-29-cpt_KI-13.dds 1,310,848 21/05/2017 06:32p -a--

153,155 k in 13 files

Regards, Ian.

Edited by MadDog-IC
Miss information, I was using an older version of this MOD

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.