[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

45 minutes ago, Hammer1-1 said:

I asked that very same question but under different circumstances. Depending on what you have, but if its just a jetpad then no. I wanted to slow down the fire rate for aircraft guns...wish it would happen, but not sure they can.

Oh well, thank you. I don't have a jetpad (would love one, but seems like it isn't available) but a bass shaker. Do you know if that changes things?

On 8/8/2023 at 10:01 AM, Huey89 said:

Oh well, thank you. I don't have a jetpad (would love one, but seems like it isn't available) but a bass shaker. Do you know if that changes things?

I think this rather depends on how SSA treats the Apache telemetry. Maybe @f4l0 will find some spare time to re-check this.

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi,

I have noticed that the catapult start of the F14 is no longer transmitted to my buttkicker. All other sounds work.

Were there any problems with this in the recent past that were fixed with an update from SSA?

I have a pretty old version.
However, I would not like to update.

2 hours ago, A.F. said:

However, I would not like to update.

why?

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

I have to get SSA working every time I load up DCS it feels like, its not as user friendly as it should be...but updating is the least of the problems. The beta version seems to always be the best working version, IMO.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

SSA supports bass shakers (transducers) and you can tune the effects in the same way as a Jetseat. You can even have both Jetseat and shakers running together. I can’t recall the limit of shakers it supports, I will check next time I use it.

• Like 1

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

2 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

Apologies if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find an answer. 

Is it possible to build your own seat with transducers that is compatible with/working in SSA? 

Cheers! 

Yes indeed. You need a second audio source, such as cheap external USB souncard.
Amp to feed the transducers
Transducers (1 use 2x for simple setup)
Buy Andre Sound module to send telemetry data to transducers.

Once set for simultaneous output, Simshakers for Aviators will show both columns for Jetseat/HF8/Realteaus seat pad, plus Sound strength. You will be able to set up every effect independently. For instance, I have my 2x shakers in the rudder pedal plate + JetSeat. So touchdown effect, it´s like 80% on the JetSeat, and 50% on the shakers.
G Force is JetSeat only, so 0% on the shakers.
Ground roll is 20% on jetseat, 50% shakers.
And so on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Yes indeed. You need a second audio source, such as cheap external USB souncard.
Amp to feed the transducers
Transducers (1 use 2x for simple setup)
Buy Andre Sound module to send telemetry data to transducers.

Once set for simultaneous output, Simshakers for Aviators will show both columns for Jetseat/HF8/Realteaus seat pad, plus Sound strength. You will be able to set up every effect independently. For instance, I have my 2x shakers in the rudder pedal plate + JetSeat. So touchdown effect, it´s like 80% on the JetSeat, and 50% on the shakers.
G Force is JetSeat only, so 0% on the shakers.
Ground roll is 20% on jetseat, 50% shakers.
And so on.

Thanks for the answer!
Yes, I know I can, and will, buy the sound module for setting up extra Butrkickers etc. But I'm asking about making a DIY SSA compatible seatpad like the HF8, to get 8 ekstra transducers IN my seat, without ripping the HF8 apart. That seat is also like 280 bucks here. And for that price I could probably build my self three pads, if I knew how.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, MAXsenna said:

Thanks for the answer!
Yes, I know I can, and will, buy the sound module for setting up extra Butrkickers etc. But I'm asking about making a DIY SSA compatible seatpad like the HF8, to get 8 ekstra transducers IN my seat, without ripping the HF8 apart. That seat is also like 280 bucks here. And for that price I could probably build my self three pads, if I knew how. emoji6.png

Ohhh crap I am so sorry I misunderstood you. No idea how to setup 8 different, independt, shakers from a audio device. And no idea what the impedance for them you would need, or if an amp is mandatory or not.
Sorry.

• Like 1

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Ohhh crap I am so sorry I misunderstood you. No idea how to setup 8 different, independt, shakers from a audio device. And no idea what the impedance for them you would need, or if an amp is mandatory or not.
Sorry.
Oh, no worries. I'm just curious if this is possible.

Cheers!

SSA supports bass shakers (transducers) and you can tune the effects in the same way as a Jetseat. You can even have both Jetseat and shakers running together. I can’t recall the limit of shakers it supports, I will check next time I use it.
Yeah, I know. I was just curious if it's possible to build your own jetpad.

Cheers!

1 minute ago, MAXsenna said:

Oh, no worries. I'm just curious if this is possible. emoji1303.png

Cheers!

I remember installing xbox controller  rumblers using arduino boards for my simracing pedals.
Maybe jetseat/nf8 use similar devices, with no amp nor soundcard. Just usb power. We then setup the thing with free simhub app.

https://youtu.be/8aLqqcEaUVk

I remember installing xbox controller  rumblers using arduino boards for my simracing pedals.
Maybe jetseat/nf8 use similar devices, with no amp nor soundcard. Just usb power. We then setup the thing with free simhub app.

Ah, cool. Will look into that. It's just that I found some really cheap stuff on Amazon, which would make for cheap spare parts and an easy swappable solution.
I have no issue handing out money to either André or for the HF8, but like I said. Don't want to rip them apart, and I want them inside the cushion. Looking at the Boeing Military option. Seems perfect for my needs.

33 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

Yeah, I know. I was just curious if it's possible to build your own jetpad. emoji1303.png

Ah, I see!

Just checked, the SSA Sound Module supports up to 6 channels but you probably know that.

It might be worth asking Andre if he can provide a kit without the pad?

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

Ah, I see!
Just checked, the SSA Sound Module supports up to 6 channels but you probably know that.
Thanks. Yeah, that could be an option!

Cheers!

17 hours ago, Baldrick33 said:

Yes, basically, I can. But you need somebody inside Russia to receive it. I do not ship abroad due to the sanctions/countersanctions.

SimSahker Pad kit.png

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes, basically, I can. But you need somebody inside Russia to receive it. I do not ship abroad due to the sanctions/countersanctions.
SimSahkerPadkit.thumb.png.6287571512452eaefd4ead762e4436fe.png
Yeah, that's what I thought. Read it somewhere, and I don't think I could order on your site.
Is it possible to make a DIY one though?

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Andre,

if i start the spitfire there are no engine effects(rumble/bums) under 1000 rpm.

How can i fix the error?

cheers

:pilotfly:

Intel i5-9600K 6x6 @3.7Ghz - 64GB DDR4 - M.2 SSD 1TB - SSD 2TB - RX 7900 XTX - Pico Neo 3 Link- WIN10 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

20 hours ago, Jandar said:

Dear Andre,

if i start the spitfire there are no engine effects(rumble/bums) under 1000 rpm.

How can i fix the error?

cheers

Hello Jandar,

what if you try to turn up this effect strength in the SimShaker for Aviators settings?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

How do I stop an effect repeating? O have an annoying situation whereby once the tailhook is deployed,, the effect repeats........

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit.