[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

21 hours ago, Ala12Rv-Tundra said:

It´s under the Special Options tab of SimShaker for Aviators

image.png

No Asio drivers then, ok.
However, this is my USB external 5.1 sound card with just one output. Is it doable? Or I need one with several outputs?

image.png

The headphone socket might be software switchable to make it 5.1 chan digital/coax, if you have an amp with coax digital input

Edited by Dogmanbird

5 hours ago, KeyserSoze62 said:

Hey all,

I'm new to setting up a BassShaker.  I've searched through the forum and this thread but this thread is long. My plan is to use either one or two Dayton BST-1 and the Nobsound amp. I've seen several videos where the Nobsound is connected to the PC simply by USB and it is essentially a sound card itself.  Then I have seen setups where people still use an external USB sound card.

Can someone please just summarize the difference and whether I can just use the Nobsound via USB with SSA and the Sound Module OR do I have to have an additional sound card to connect the Nobsound for use with SSA?

Thanks so much for any quick advice. 

Hey,

1) SimShaker for Aviators doesn't deal with bass-shakers directly. It does it through Sound Module as an addon.

2)Hence, in terms of bass-shaker(s) connection you deal with SimShaker Sound Module.

3)You can use either embedded sound card or external. You select what to use in SimShaker Sound Module settings. 1 sound card up to 6 channels.

4) What you select must be dedicated to SimShaker Sound Module and bass-shakers only. No game sound in this device.

Hopefully this helps.

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

23 hours ago, Hiob said:

Can anybody give me a hint, why the G-effect works in Jets but not in Helicopters? I know, that it once did. I set the treshold to +2G, but even at 3G no effect is triggered. In Jets it works perfectly fine, fading in from +2G onwards.....

(I use a single "buttkicker", no Jetseat or similar; Latest beta of SSA and SSM)

Anybody?

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

11 hours ago, =Andre= said:

Hey,

1) SimShaker for Aviators doesn't deal with bass-shakers directly. It does it through Sound Module as an addon.

2)Hence, in terms of bass-shaker(s) connection you deal with SimShaker Sound Module.

3)You can use either embedded sound card or external. You select what to use in SimShaker Sound Module settings. 1 sound card up to 6 channels.

4) What you select must be dedicated to SimShaker Sound Module and bass-shakers only. No game sound in this device.

Hopefully this helps.

Thanks for the reply.  Can anyone who is already using the Nobsound answer whether it is recognized as a sound card by the Sound Module or do you still need another external sound card device?

Thanks.

On 1/8/2024 at 7:40 PM, Hiob said:

😅 I don’t know how to tell you…. I think you were scammed. Where do you think the remaining 4 channels are going to connect to? 😬

LOL Looks like the board inside is able to provide multiple outputs, but it´s capped somehow to 2 channel only in order to create a smaller, cheaper device.
Thanks!

On 1/8/2024 at 7:59 PM, =Andre= said:

Looks like just 2 channels sound card and not 5.1.

thanks!! Looking for a different external soundcard now.

• Like 1

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

16 hours ago, KeyserSoze62 said:

Thanks for the reply.  Can anyone who is already using the Nobsound answer whether it is recognized as a sound card by the Sound Module or do you still need another external sound card device?

Thanks.

I think its USB sound card is worth trying. At least you could start with it.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Anyone who knows if Simshaker for aviators can coexist with Matric?

The test in sound module works as it should (got license) but the “Current aircraft” in DCS doesn’t show up in Simshaker, nor does the shakers work from DCS.
I think it stopped working upon installation of Matric (keyboard emulator), but I’m not 100% sure. Can’t find any info if they can coexist or not. 
Matric: https://matricapp.com/#support

1 hour ago, LasseLEK said:

The test in sound module works as it should (got license) but the “Current aircraft” in DCS doesn’t show up in Simshaker, nor does the shakers work from DCS.
I think it stopped working upon installation of Matric (keyboard emulator), but I’m not 100% sure. Can’t find any info if they can coexist or not. 

Never used this Matric, but it looks interesting.
Please check if you can see any numbers changing in the SimShaker for Aviators -> View -> DCS Debug window during the mission.

If you installed some DCS related Matric decks it could easily get delicate DCS Export gear out of order I guess.

Edited by =Andre=

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1 hour ago, LasseLEK said:

Maybe your export.lua file was modified to add the Matric?

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Hello I keep getting this error in DCS with simshaker.. Any advise? Flying in the Mosquito. 

20240112_120056.jpg

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

2 minutes ago, hazzer said:

Hello I keep getting this error in DCS with simshaker.. Any advise? Flying in the Mosquito. 

20240112_120056.jpg

I saw it before as a result of installing/updating NLR seat software. What can you see in the  

SimShaker for Aviators -> View -> DCS Debug window during the mission?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

2 minutes ago, =Andre= said:

I saw it before as a result of installing/updating NLR seat software. What can you see in the  

Just managed to fix it, I there there was a conflix with script exporting. Solved now! 

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

On 1/11/2024 at 5:41 PM, =Andre= said:

Never used this Matric, but it looks interesting.
Please check if you can see any numbers changing in the SimShaker for Aviators -> View -> DCS Debug window during the mission.

If you installed some DCS related Matric decks it could easily get delicate DCS Export gear out of order I guess.

On 1/11/2024 at 5:46 PM, Ala12Rv-Tundra said:

Maybe your export.lua file was modified to add the Matric?

Hi and Sorry for my late response.

I have now had the chance to try and sort it more. The effect comes to the shakers via “Simshaker for aviators” but not all effects.. On F/A-18 barely none, which made me think it had stopped totally when I wrote my first quote; I can fell G-effect on about 350 knots, but that’s all, no other effects which I could before. On AJS37 Viggen I can fell most effects but not gears in/out, hood open/close, weapon released any longer for example.  Can I reconfigure/ restore the config or should I reinstall the app? TIA.

8 hours ago, =Andre= said:

Quite interresting. I had this issue after NLR software update. Is there any conflict between SSA and NLR software ? Even if not started.

Thanks !

image.png

06th Multirole Helicopter Regiment

Bataillon d'appui aérien - Escadrille HOG

47 minutes ago, LasseLEK said:

Hi and Sorry for my late response.

I have now had the chance to try and sort it more. The effect comes to the shakers via “Simshaker for aviators” but not all effects.. On F/A-18 barely none, which made me think it had stopped totally when I wrote my first quote; I can fell G-effect on about 350 knots, but that’s all, no other effects which I could before. On AJS37 Viggen I can fell most effects but not gears in/out, hood open/close, weapon released any longer for example.  Can I reconfigure/ restore the config or should I reinstall the app? TIA.

The DCS Repair Export button on the 3rd SimShaker for Aviators tab most likely will be helpful.

18 minutes ago, MirabelleBenou said:

Quite interresting. I had this issue after NLR software update. Is there any conflict between SSA and NLR software ? Even if not started.

Thanks !

NLR software creates a conflict by using SimShaker for Aviators script. 

The DCS Repair Export button on the 3rd SimShaker for Aviators tab most likely will be helpful.

• Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

13 hours ago, =Andre= said:

Didn’t make any difference. Export.lua has been changes as expected as well.

Found the Effect Monitor and when I close the canopy it reads 25 out of 100, but no effect at all from the shaker! Test in sound module still feel strong, as before.

Edit: Any advice on how to reinstall Simshaker for Aviators and the sound module or is it possible to set factory defaults?
Also got his messege in Aviators if it can impact: System.InvalidOperationException: No process has been associated with this object.

I suppose that the shakes are wav files or similar that are played to the shaker. Can they be missing for some effects or app lost connection with those? Can I control that or recopy them in place to try?

Edited by LasseLEK

Hi again,

Tried first to copy a backup to the DCS.Openbeta directory, made no difference.
Uninstalled the Aviator and sound module. Deleted their libraries in My documents and reinstalled the programs again. Now Aviator 2.7.

Same problem persist: G-effects, Ground roll works, but Canopy, gears, weapon release and other effects doesn't.
The effect value are displayed in Effect Monitor, but doesn't reach the shaker. 

Any suggestions what to do next? Did a repair on DCS yesterday, which worked well according to the program.

SOLVED! The Sound module had returned back to Demo mode. So dead without shakers, but now I'm pleased again.  🙂

Effect Monitor would be nice to have on top when open, so you can watch it while you fly and tune. (in the same way as Debug window act)

Edited by LasseLEK
  • Like 1

I'm newly setup with SSA/Sound Module now using 1 shaker on my Monstertech MFC chair.  Can anyone point me to a resource to better understand ASIO mode??  What is the benefit and does it work with just one shaker?

I've also seen some posts about enabling Stereo Mix? Link below.  Is this still necessary to configure? Thanks.

https://www.howtogeek.com/847605/how-to-play-audio-from-multiple-outputs-in-windows-11/

11 hours ago, sylkhan said:

@=Andre= can you add acceleration/deceleration to SimShaker for Aviators and sound module please.

Very important for jets.

Hmm... Never had it implemented for flight sims.

How do you think it should work with bass-shakers?

8 hours ago, KeyserSoze62 said:

I'm newly setup with SSA/Sound Module now using 1 shaker on my Monstertech MFC chair.  Can anyone point me to a resource to better understand ASIO mode??  What is the benefit and does it work with just one shaker?

I've also seen some posts about enabling Stereo Mix? Link below.  Is this still necessary to configure? Thanks.

https://www.howtogeek.com/847605/how-to-play-audio-from-multiple-outputs-in-windows-11/

ASIO, Stereo Mix, etc., not a way to go for a beginner I'd say.

What's a real problem you are trying to solve? Can you feel vibration in the shaker?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

2 hours ago, =Andre= said:

Hmm... Never had it implemented for flight sims.

Then, it's a mistake because it's as important as for cars.

2 hours ago, =Andre= said:

How do you think it should work with bass-shakers?

accelaration (for example : rolling take-off, afterburner) you need to feel the pression of your back to the seat, then you,need to have bass shaker on the back seat

deceleration (airbarke, brake) you need to feel the pression under your front legs and  feet (then you need to have bass shaker under your front seat and under your rudder

(ideally :))

Edited by sylkhan

2 minutes ago, sylkhan said:

Then, it's a mistake because it's as important as for cars.

accelaration (for example : rolling, take-off) you need to feel the pression of your back to the back-seat, then you,need to have bass shaker on the back seat

decceleration (airbarke, brake) you need to feel the pression under your front legs and  feet (then you need to have bass shaker under the front of your seat and under your rudder

(ideally :))

I see, thank you. That's how I have it done with SimShaker Pad actuators.

Have you got shakers on those places?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

8 minutes ago, =Andre= said:

I see, thank you. That's how I have it done with SimShaker Pad actuators.

I have your Gametrix KW-908 since many years and just intall it for testing 🙂 but i dont see acceleration/deceleration effectsEdit :

Edit : you have done it only for cars i suppose

8 minutes ago, =Andre= said:

I will, because I am in the process to do my own cockpit

Edited by sylkhan

5 hours ago, sylkhan said:

I have your Gametrix KW-908 since many years and just intall it for testing 🙂 but i dont see acceleration/deceleration effectsEdit :

Edit : you have done it only for cars i suppose

I will, because I am in the process to do my own cockpit

Yes, for the cars and not for the Gametrix seat. In Gametrix seat it works different.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]