[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

Also a feedback, that would be great if checking the close (X) button top right will send the app to the traybar instead of closing it.

Finally got back home to check this part. I've noticed with the start minimized to tray option checked, closing the actual SSA window with the effects settings does X close to tray. It is the settings window with the checkboxes that traditionally closes. I think there is a deeper reason why this can't be X closed to tray since it has a "Send to Tray" button at the bottom.

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk

I7-9700KF@5ghz, 32GB DDR4 3200, RTX 3090, Pimax 5k+, Virpil T-50CM2 base with Warthog, F/A-18, T-50cm, and VFX grips, Saitek X65F, Saitek Switch Panel, TM Cougar MFDs, TM TPR pedals, JetSeat and bass pucks, H640P for VRK, PointCtrl

3rd Space Vest project for basic G Seat/G Suit simulation

Are the speedbrake vibrations working in the F-16? I am not able to feel anything when actuating the SB, even though I have the SB sensitivity turned up to 100% in the SSA menu

It does not work for me either. Landing gear thumps for the F14 are not active either. Gear thump for F18 and F16 work fine though.

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.

I'm currently not at home and can thus not verify the issues...

Anyone else has the issues?

Do other effects work?

Which SSA version do you use?

I should be back on Friday and thus can have a look on Saturday.

Do other effects work?

Cat launch and trap on Tomcat and hornet not noticable. Touchdown on both also not there. I use Sound Module exclusively. All on latest beta versions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

overalien

Hog Driver starting to really like the Tomcat

System specs:

Intel i7-8700k - OC to 5.0 GHz

| 32 GB RAM 3600 MHz | Nvidia 1080ti SLi | Mixed Storage - Win 10 and DCS on Samsung SSD 970 Pro

Flightgear:

7 Displays (3 x 1440p, 1 X 1080p, 3 X Lilliput Touch) | 3 x Cougar MFDs

| Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals | iBEAM Shaker + Simshaker for Aviators w. Sound Module | Helios | VAICOM Pro + AIRIO | TrackIR 5

EDIT TO ADD: I've noticed that it really helps to only have the specific effect you are checking on while testing so you don't confuse it with another effect. Also there is Debug mode that will show when effects are activated on the software side IIRC.

Using SSA 2.0.3, Sound Module 2.20, JetSeat, Dayton bass pucks via motherboards' RealTek sound card with Sound Module in 2 channel mode.

Are the speedbrake vibrations working in the F-16? I am not able to feel anything when actuating the SB, even though I have the SB sensitivity turned up to 100% in the SSA menu

I'm not getting any speedbrake vibration in the A-10, F-5 or F-18 either, same as F-16. Those are the only 4 modules that I own.

I get speedbrake effects in the JetSeat (which is why I missed it Olaf) but these aircraft speed brakes do not activate through the bass pucks. To confirm, are you guys only using ButtKicker/bass transducer? What versions of SSA and Sound Module?

It does not work for me either. Landing gear thumps for the F14 are not active either. Gear thump for F18 and F16 work fine though.
Quick check of this seems to confirm on my end in both JetSeat and sound module no effects. FWIW, F-14 gear works differently on the .Lua end than the others.

The touchdown vibration doesn't seem to work for the gazelle either.
Can't test this, I do not own any DCS helicopters unfortunately.

Cat launch and trap on Tomcat and hornet not noticable. Touchdown on both also not there. I use Sound Module exclusively. All on latest beta versions.

Need to do some tests on this but last trap I had possibly seemed "light" but I have 3 systems to feel there, I'll shut off both the vest and JetSest first and then add back in the JetSeat when I get to this. Also I believe Andre hasn't released an official verison since SSA has added these effects, so In don't know if these will actuay come through Sound Module yet or not anyway.

Do other effects work?

We'll try to sort out specifics for you, no worries!
Edited by Snake122

I7-9700KF@5ghz, 32GB DDR4 3200, RTX 3090, Pimax 5k+, Virpil T-50CM2 base with Warthog, F/A-18, T-50cm, and VFX grips, Saitek X65F, Saitek Switch Panel, TM Cougar MFDs, TM TPR pedals, JetSeat and bass pucks, H640P for VRK, PointCtrl

Been doing some more testing this morning to help isolate issues that I am experiencing.

Using SSA Version 1.3.13.0

SimShaker Sound Module Version 2.20

Two 50 watt Aurasound transducers powered by a 200 watt Dayton Audio amp - no Jetseat.

I have the F-5, F-16, F-18, and A10C modules.

Speedbrake vibrations do not work in any of these 4 DCS modules for my setup.

Beyond the speedbrake issue, I am going to isolate one module at a time.

Today's test is for the F-5.

No vibrations felt for the following 3 categories.

1. Speedbrakes

2. Gear Turbulence

3. High Speed Shudders (However, Buffet/Stall Shudders/Vortex Ring State does work)

I am testing with other vibration categories turned OFF, so as not to get any confusing sensations.

I will post separate results for each of my other 3 DCS modules.

Can you verify that that the speedbrake effect is not "triggered" in the SSA experimental debug view?
In effect monitor, Speedbrake is being triggered for both JetSeat and Sound Module. Again JetSeat is responding, Sound output is not.

Seems to be this way in every aircraft I've tried so far withe the previous list and F-86, L39, F-15. I still have a few more modules I could test but seems to be across the board.

My Simshaker Jetpad finally came today. Whew. Got everything strapped in and hooked up, installed the driver and control panel. Enjoyed a quick massage and had to go to work. Noticed the control panel gives an error unless I open as admin.

Understand I still need to install the simshaker wings software to make it work with DCS? Anything in DCS settings? Few more hours and I'll be flying again.

Hopefully have my button box done this weekend.

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

My Simshaker Jetpad finally came today. Whew. Got everything strapped in and hooked up, installed the driver and control panel. Enjoyed a quick massage and had to go to work. Noticed the control panel gives an error unless I open as admin.

Understand I still need to install the simshaker wings software to make it work with DCS? Anything in DCS settings? Few more hours and I'll be flying again.

Hopefully have my button box done this weekend.

No, SimShaker for Aviators (SSA) is DCS, Wings is a couple other sims. You won't need to open the JetSeat control panel now that it is installed, you just will run SSA and it works.

No, SimShaker for Aviators (SSA) is DCS, Wings is a couple other sims. You won't need to open the JetSeat control panel now that it is installed, you just will run SSA and it works.

Ah. Is that a separate license?

I'm plugged in USB so don't need the audio connection, too right? Still this is a massive thread so still reading posts.

Sounds like I may look too add a buttkicker in a few months, too, but will give this a shot alone first.

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

Ah. Is that a separate license?

I'm plugged in USB so don't need the audio connection, too right? Still this is a massive thread so still reading posts.

Sounds like I may look too add a buttkicker in a few months, too, but will give this a shot alone first.

It is freeware, but f4l0 takes donations. Yes keep it plugged in USB, not audio.

If/when you get a ButtKicker we'll talk about the Sound Module side then.

Got it, thanks. I'll definitely be donating as this was an excellent first impression Did a case 1 recovery on both Tomcat and Hornet. Didn't really notice a jolt on touching the deck but am always watching a dozen things then. Tomcat was very much shaking and afterburners were a joy. Definitely smiled as I felt the landing gear close when I cat launched again.

I thought the Hornet would be much more calm in comparison... not as much noise but felt almost as much shaking though it was noticeably less.

Need to adjust my seating some as I tend to lean forward in my chair so will get used to that.

Specs & Wishlist:

Here are the SSA results for my other 3 DCS planes. See my Post #2909 for the F-5 results, which is very similar.

List of vibrations that do not work with my setup (two 50 watt transducers, no Jetseat).

A-10C

No vibrations felt for the following:

1. Speedbrakes

2. Gear Turbulence

3. Buffet/Stall Shudders/Vortex Ring State

Note: High Speed Shudders is not a listed category for the A-10C.

F-16

1. Speedbrakes

2. Gear Turbulence

Note: High Speed Shudders is not a listed category for the F-16.

F-18

1. Speedbrakes

2. Gear Turbulence

3. High Speed Shudders (However, Buffet/Stall Shudders/Vortex Ring State does work)

As noted earlier, I am testing with other vibration categories turned OFF, so as not to get any confusing sensations.

Edited by Bob1943

Can you verify that that the speedbrake effect is not "triggered" in the SSA experimental debug view?

Here are the SSA results for my other 3 DCS planes. See my Post #2909 for the F-5 results, which is very similar.

List of vibrations that do not work with my setup (two 50 watt transducers, no Jetseat).

A-10C

1. Speedbrakes

2. Gear Turbulence

F-16

1. Speedbrakes

2. Gear Turbulence

F-18

1. Speedbrakes

2. Gear Turbulence

As noted earlier, I am testing with other vibration categories turned OFF, so as not to get any confusing sensations.

What about when you check through the debug view? (Selected from the "View" window IIRC)

EDIT TO ADD:

Yes f4l0, using the Debug it seems to be on the Sound Module side for at least the Speed brakes, possibly the other two that I didn't check. Cross posted in the Sound Module thread

Edited by Snake122

I don't think that's due to a bug in the current SimShaker Sound Module version. Jetseat is always a JetSeat, but tranducers may be quite different one from another. I suggest some bass shakers are just not too much sensitive to the effect frequency (20 Hz for the Speedbrake sample). Do you guys already have strength for those effects in SSA settings at 100?

I suggest you could check if the effect is played at the SimShaker Sound Module Test tab by the green waveform moving from right to left.

Edited by =Andre=

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A-10C

1. Speedbrakes

2. Gear Turbulence

F-16

1. Speedbrakes

2. Gear Turbulence

F-18

1. Speedbrakes

2. Gear Turbulence

I'd notice that the mentioned effects are subtle, excluding Buffet/Stall Shudders/Vortex Ring State one.

I've attached a customized 2 channel sample for the Speedbrakes effect which is 3 times stronger than the original sample. For a test purposes please unzip it to your "\Documents\SimShaker Sound Module samples\Customized\2" folder. If you did it right the SimShaker Sound Module at startup will show you in the log "Customized FX file found: Speed brake File=p1_3_0_1.wav"

p1_3_0_1.zip

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't think that's due to a bug in the current SimShaker Sound Module version. Jetseat is always a JetSeat, but tranducers may be quite different one from another. I suggest some bass shakers are just not too much sensitive to the effect frequency (20 Hz for the Speedbrake sample). Do you guys already have strength for those effects in SSA settings at 100?

I suggest you could check if the effect is played at the SimShaker Sound Module Test tab by the green waveform moving from right to left.

Good ideas to check.

1. My Aurasound bass shakers are rated at 20 to 80 Hz, 50-watts RMS, 100-watts max. So they are right at the 20 Hz frequency limit of your Speedbrake wav file. My power amp has a 5 to 200 Hz response range, so it should pass a 20 Hz wav file.

2. SimShaker Sound Module Test tab - I opened the test tab and was able to see the moving green waveform for all the problem categories that I listed in my previous posts. However, I could not feel any vibrations for Gear Turbulence or Speedbrakes. I could feel a very, very subtle vibration for High Speed Shudders. This was with the SSSM Test volume set to 100% and my 200-watt amp volume set to 100%.

Conclusion. Some of the wav files are not strong enough to be felt with my bass shaker system. So, is there anyway to increase the amplitude/strength of these wav files to be more compatible with bass shakers?

Thanks for the testing suggestions.

I'd notice that the mentioned effects are subtle, excluding Buffet/Stall Shudders/Vortex Ring State one.

I've attached a customized 2 channel sample for the Speedbrakes effect which is 3 times stronger than the original sample. For a test purposes please unzip it to your "\Documents\SimShaker Sound Module samples\Customized\2" folder. If you did it right the SimShaker Sound Module at startup will show you in the log "Customized FX file found: Speed brake File=p1_3_0_1.wav"

Thanks for the test file.

Yes, it unzipped ok and I was able to test it in SSSM. I could feel it, but it was an extremely weak vibration through my bass shakers.

For those using a Jetseat, how strong is the SpeedBrake vibration?

Update: I just opened DCS and adjusted the SSA SpeedBrake Effects setting to 100% in SSA. I now feel a very distinct SpeedBrake vibration in the F-5 when using the customized wav file that Andre provided in the previous post. If we could get a little stronger wav file for the Gear Turbulence and High Speed Shudders, those would probably become noticeable as well. As noted previously, the "Buffet/Stall Shudders/Vortex Ring State" effect works fine in the F-5.

Good progress in getting this issue sorted out.

Edited by Bob1943

For those using a Jetseat, how strong is the SpeedBrake vibration?

Quite strong which is why I hadn't really noticed it before. My bass transducers are turned on/up for a few specific effects that I want to feel less in the seat so I can tell the difference (bass pucks are at my heels and in front of my center mounted stick). I much prefer the JetSeat even over when I was using a Aura bass transducer in my chair. The overall vibration quality and zone effects make it much better, but obviously you pay more for it. Having both is great because of things like this.

The effects I have turned off for the seat, G Effect and engine rumble go to the pucks exclusively. That way I can tell the difference between G effect (pucks) and High AOA shudders (seat), also engine rumble to the pucks keeps the seat more quiet and my theory is that you feel more of those vibrations in RL through the floor boards and rigid stick than the seat cushion.

Remember you can also edit the Sound Module .wavs through programs like Audacity. But thanks Andre for giving us some improved ones!