[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

Ok, Andre, I have uninstalled all SimShaker applications, purged my registry from any 'SimShaker' and 'Ibahandler' entries and still on reboot the ClickOnce handler opens and tries to fetch and install both Simshaker for DCSW/BMS and SSA... :S

Where does it get the call from that it needs to install automatically?

EDIT: FOUND IT!

Aparently, if you uninstall the application with the 'Start with Windows' tickmark enabled, this setting doesn't get wiped with uninstallation, so every time Windows starts, the trigger to auto-start Simshaker happens for the old versions as well. The fix is as follows:

-Re-install Simshaker for DCSW /BMS if you uninstalled it.

-Open settings and UN-tick 'Start with Windows'.

-Uninstall Simshaker for DCSW / BMS

-Install Simshaker for Aviators.

Edited by Yskonyn

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-E, 32GB Crucial Ballistix 2400Mhz, Intel i7 9700K 5.0Ghz, Asus GTX1080 8GB, SoundBlaster AE-5, G15, Streamdeck, DSD Flight, TM Warthog, VirPil BRD, MFG Crosswind CAM5, TrackIR 5, KW-908 Jetseat, Win 10 64-bit

”Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.

However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore.”

I don't have any Jetseat or Transducers yet. I'm not sure that I want to get the Jetseat because my Volair pit's seat fits perfectly and doesn't really have room for the Jetseat.

So, if I don't have a Jetseat, how many Transducers can SSA use? I see an option for 2 (Left and Right Separated) in the Simulaneous Output window, but that seems to be only with a Jetseat?

How many transducers can I use for Left, Right, Front, or Back? And if this is possible, how is it setup in the software?

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Thanks Andre!

I am looking at buying 2 AuraSound AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Shaker Tactile Transducers. The AuraSound manual says "Your Shaker was designed to work with a separate amplifier: do not exceed the rated 50 watts RMS per Shaker multiplied by the number of Shakers." These are rated at 4 ohms each..

But I am confused about the ohms...

This AudioSource AMP-100 amp says "The AMP-100 features 2 independent channels rated at 60 watts per channel into 4 ohms (50 watts RMS at 8 ohms)."

Will this amp send 4 or 8 ohms to these AuraSound Transducers? :cry: And what is the difference so I can decode other amp's specs?

Thanks!

(hope it's ok to ask this here? Please move post if it is not the right place.)

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

Buttkicker Gamer2 is very hard to find at the moment.

Can you explain why you are not fond of transducers? I was going to mount it on a board under my seat that extended out from the seat about 6 inches on each side. And mount the transducers on the board on each side. Wouldn't that be similar to the BKG2?

Buttkicker Gamer2 is very hard to find at the moment.

Can you explain why you are not fond of transducers? I was going to mount it on a board under my seat that extended out from the seat about 6 inches on each side. And mount the transducers on the board on each side. Wouldn't that be similar to the BKG2?

I use a Basspump III with a Peavey PV-260. Got both for ~$25 each...

Trying to install SSA_Setup.exe after uninstalled previous version and then i got this message:

An error occured attempting to install SimShaker for Aviators.

In install.log:

Error: An error occurred trying to download 'http://dsteam.azurewebsites.net/SSA/release/SimShaker%20for%20Aviators.application'.

ASROCK X79 Extreme11 (WC), i7-4930K (WC), 32GB G.Skill TridentX, Vertex 3 120GB, GTX 980ti, 3x 39,5" Philips 4K, TrackIR 5, TM Warthog with PeterP´s FFB2 Mod, 2xSaitek Throttle, 2x Thrustmaster Cougar MFD Bezel, Simped Vario Pedals modded with toe brakes, Opencockpit Cards, 4x Soundcard, 2x Buttkicker Gamer 2, 4x GTX 950 with tons of touchscreens...

Hi Andre,

I've had a few issues with SSA.

I downloaded it when it was released, and was able to get it to work with 1.5.5, but it wouldn't work with 2.0.4

I just tried to load it today and when I try to run windows gives me an error message asserting:

Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have appropriate permissions to access the item.

I've tried uninstalling, rebooting and installing again, and it gives me the same error each time.

That may be caused by antiviral software activity.

There is no antivir on my homepit-rig. Just internal default windows firewall.

Tried to install on my second homepit-computer and the same errormessage appears.

On both computers the previous simshaker was installed before.

When i try to install on my laptop, where no simshaker was ever installed, the setup is working without errormessage. Win10 Pro latest updates on all 3 computers.

ASROCK X79 Extreme11 (WC), i7-4930K (WC), 32GB G.Skill TridentX, Vertex 3 120GB, GTX 980ti, 3x 39,5" Philips 4K, TrackIR 5, TM Warthog with PeterP´s FFB2 Mod, 2xSaitek Throttle, 2x Thrustmaster Cougar MFD Bezel, Simped Vario Pedals modded with toe brakes, Opencockpit Cards, 4x Soundcard, 2x Buttkicker Gamer 2, 4x GTX 950 with tons of touchscreens...

Hi nosebruise,

thank you for the feedback.

Strange thing, since released SSA stays the same.

Could you please register a ticket at our Help Desk?

Just tried booting it up again the next day and seems to be running as intended. I think it may have been quarantined by anti-virus software. Not sure why it did so, but I got a message about it clearing a scan and it works now.

BTW, thanks for the software! Really appreciate the work you guys are putting into this and SS Wheels! I'll surely be picking up the release of that at some point too :)

Edit: I still haven't tested it to see if it works with 2.0.4 now, I'll have to do that later.

There is no antivir on my homepit-rig. Just internal default windows firewall.

Tried to install on my second homepit-computer and the same errormessage appears.

On both computers the previous simshaker was installed before.

When i try to install on my laptop, where no simshaker was ever installed, the setup is working without errormessage. Win10 Pro latest updates on all 3 computers.

I've just uninstalled SSA and installed it back again, having full set of SimShakers aboard, no errors. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, Eng.

Could you please create a ticket at our Help Desk to keep this thread compact?

Please attach installation log file as well.

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just tried this again, and it looks like it's still not working in 2.0.4, although it works great in 1.5.5

Please create a ticket and attach files:

Saved Games\DCS.openalpha\Scripts\Export.lua

and

Saved Games\DCS.openalpha\Logs\dcs.log

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]