[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

I was wondering which of the modules offers the best experience with simshaker? I'm looking

to add a few transducers, but I heard that the Huey for instance is not that great of a match. Nice ETL transition supposedly yes, and a touchdown effect. Are some of the fixed-wing modules better suited, supported?

I'm just trying to found out what one can expect in terms of immersion.

Thanks

Yes, the Fw-190 A8 SSA entry seems to be just a copy/paste from the Fw-190 Dora... but hey, at least we got something for now - so thank you f4l0. :)

Would be nice if the Anton gets some extra SSA details considering its radial engine...

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Not correspond

f88fc50ee3da.jpg

ab95b7568898.jpg

What's the issue here?

Yes, the Fw-190 A8 SSA entry seems to be just a copy/paste from the Fw-190 Dora... but hey, at least we got something for now - so thank you f4l0. :)

Would be nice if the Anton gets some extra SSA details considering its radial engine...

As I already said. I don't own the bird thus I did everything "blind". It's more or less the Dora variant. I just added the other guns/cannons.

I was wondering which of the modules offers the best experience with simshaker? I'm looking

to add a few transducers, but I heard that the Huey for instance is not that great of a match. Nice ETL transition supposedly yes, and a touchdown effect. Are some of the fixed-wing modules better suited, supported?

I'm just trying to found out what one can expect in terms of immersion.

Thanks

The mighty Tomcat because Heatblur provided a lot of info to SSA team.

Being the Huey the only helicopter I fly, I don´t find it lacking feedback info, for me it´s a great experience, you can pull some Gs, even negative when flying nap on earth following terrain features, or going gunship, with every gun spitting tracers.

Edited by Tundra

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

What's the issue here?

Mixed up the model of the aircraft. Look at the pictures.

i7-7700k/4.2GHz/MSI PRO Series motherboard/Asus RTX2080Ti Gaming OCi/ 32GB DDR4/ SSD 240Gb+HDD/ 64xWin 10/Oculus Rift CV1/ Pimax 5K Plus/ 2Dof motion platform/ Logitech G940 FFB

Hi Again. It's been awhile. Last time I checked in was to find a way to get SSA, Andre's Jet Seat and, BlueFinBima's HELIOS to play nice. Finally got it working by repositioning the dofiles in the Users Saved Game folder. However, I auto-updated recent Beta and I'm right back where I started - No SSA/Jet Seat functionality. Tried reordering Saved Games again. No JOY!!!

Here's the window I got instead (see below):

Ooops...Something is wrong with SimShaker imput data.

UseReceivedSimDataMethod Exception: Imput string was not in a correct format.

Stack Trace: at System.Number.ParseDouble(String value, NumberStyles

option, NumberFormatinfo numfmt)

at System.Convert.ToDouble(String value, IFormatProvider provider)

at SimShaker.Core.DCSJets.FA_18C.CalculatedData()

at SimShaker.Core.MasterManager.CallbackPlayEffects()

at

Simshaker.Core.DataProvider.DCSDataProvider.UseReceivedSimDataMethods(String

receivedUDPmessage)

Input data: T=0.769,N=FA-18C_hornet;SelfData+6.28~0.01,Engine_RPM=~;

VictVectors=156.06~-4.69~-0.44;altAgl=605.17;PanShake=000;Gun=578;ACCs=0.17~

0.75~0.00;d10=0;IAS=156.82;12_Wind=-5.22~-0.06;altASL=605.17,AoA=2.21;

15_Payloadinfo=44722*1~0000*0;16d=0,M=0.4778;18d=0;19d=0;20d=0;TAS=156.13;Flares=30;Chaff=60

What gives? This is all gobbledygook to me. Your advice, as always, is appreciated.

Hi Again. It's been awhile. Last time I checked in was to find a way to get SSA, Andre's Jet Seat and, BlueFinBima's HELIOS to play nice. Finally got it working by repositioning the dofiles in the Users Saved Game folder. However, I auto-updated recent Beta and I'm right back where I started - No SSA/Jet Seat functionality. Tried reordering Saved Games again. No JOY!!!

Here's the window I got instead (see below):

Ooops...Something is wrong with SimShaker imput data.

UseReceivedSimDataMethod Exception: Imput string was not in a correct format.

Stack Trace: at System.Number.ParseDouble(String value, NumberStyles

option, NumberFormatinfo numfmt)

at System.Convert.ToDouble(String value, IFormatProvider provider)

at SimShaker.Core.DCSJets.FA_18C.CalculatedData()

at SimShaker.Core.MasterManager.CallbackPlayEffects()

at

Simshaker.Core.DataProvider.DCSDataProvider.UseReceivedSimDataMethods(String

receivedUDPmessage)

Input data: T=0.769,N=FA-18C_hornet;SelfData+6.28~0.01,Engine_RPM=~;

VictVectors=156.06~-4.69~-0.44;altAgl=605.17;PanShake=000;Gun=578;ACCs=0.17~

0.75~0.00;d10=0;IAS=156.82;12_Wind=-5.22~-0.06;altASL=605.17,AoA=2.21;

15_Payloadinfo=44722*1~0000*0;16d=0,M=0.4778;18d=0;19d=0;20d=0;TAS=156.13;Flares=30;Chaff=60

What gives? This is all gobbledygook to me. Your advice, as always, is appreciated.

Looks like an issue with the extracted RPM values... I'll have a look...

What SSA version?

Update: I just checked this on my side with the latest stable. It's working on my side... I've to look deeper...

Edited by f4l0

So, the A is a D :D?

Update: Fixed in my dev version

:thumbup:

i7-7700k/4.2GHz/MSI PRO Series motherboard/Asus RTX2080Ti Gaming OCi/ 32GB DDR4/ SSD 240Gb+HDD/ 64xWin 10/Oculus Rift CV1/ Pimax 5K Plus/ 2Dof motion platform/ Logitech G940 FFB

Thanks for the quick response. As requested - SSA Version 1.3.8.0. Again, I've been out of the pit for a while. But, I'm on stay-cation for the 2 weeks and plan to devote the lion's share of it so I can finally get into flying missions. Your help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

Here's my Saved Games Script:

local SimShakerlfs=require('lfs');

dofile(SimShakerlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/SimShaker.lua')

dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[scripts\SimShaker-export-core\ExportCore.lua]])

dofile("C:\Users\mmaxw\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\Simshaker-export-core")

dofile("C:\Users\mmaxw\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\Helios")

local vaicomlfs = require('lfs');

dofile(vaicomlfs.writedir()..[[scripts\VAICOMPRO\VAICOMPRO.export.lua]])

Here's my Saved Games Script:

dofile("C:\Users\mmaxw\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\Simshaker-export-core")

This line can be removed...

you could also try to remove/rename the simshaker.lua file, SSA should create a new one...

So my squelch sound only works when I'm not in the cockpit ie only during the mission editor and main menu. How do I make it work all the time? It certainly used to. Everything actually works as normal other than the squelch sound which is not disabled in Preferences. Any ideas? Cheers

Edited by mr_mojo97

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Tried your suggestions. No Joy. All was working fine – SSA along side HELIOS – until I auto-upgraded to your SSA Ver. 1.3.8.0 and the required Netframe update. Even after removing my simshaker.lua file and having SSA create a new one (ver. 1.3.7.5) and reconfiguring my Saved Games\Scripts folder to place SimShaker’s dofiles above the HELIOS and Vaicom dofiles – No Joy. Not certain, but I’m thinking that the NetFrame upgrade may also be an issue with SSA ver. 1.3.8.0 and HELIOS playing nice. Would love to get a fix.

All the best,

Mike

I'm going to roll back my system to a date before my 10/07/19 SSA and Netframe updates in the hope of restoring SSA & HELIOS functionality.

Really strange... I might revert back to the old .net framework...

I might also send you a special version with some debug output to figure out what's really wrong...

There's a new beat update coming soon, you might give it a try.

The beta version support the F-16C?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IAF Bell205

IAF Anafa

-----------------------

DCS World Modules: A-10C, FC3, MiG-21BiS, F-86, P-51, KA-50, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8, M2000K, Gazal, Bf109, Mig-15, Hawk and NTTR

-----------------------

My System - ASUS Maximus HERO iiiv, CoolMaster 120 Sadion Plus, I7 -6700K @4.0, G.Skill ddr4 16GB ram, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 , PSU Seasonic X-650W, OCZ 150 500Gb ssd drive X2, Seagate 7200 1T X2.

-------------

Thanks much. I rolled back .NetFramework from 4.8.0 to 4.7.2. I’m also back to SSA Ver.1.3.7.5. Still no joy. And Yep, I’d appreciate your offer to send me a special version with a debug output so we can troubleshoot the problem and hopefully find a fix. BTW: Just ordered Andre’s new Jet Seat. Looking forward to receiving it. As always, thanks for your dedication and help.

Mike

I need help folks, since the Windows 10 update 1903, I cannot get SimShaker to properly sync with Windows sound and Odyssey Plus so that I get sound from the earphones but the shaker input from my bass shaker.

Here's my hardware:

-Samsung Odyssey Plus VR using WMR and Steam VR. This is connected to computer via USB 3.0

-Realtek built in sound card on the motherboard

- Desktop speakers with sub-woofer connected to motherboard sound card

-75 amp Plate Amplifier

- Bass Shaker sound puck connected to sim chair (powered by speaker wires from plate amplifier)

- USB sound card connected to powered USB hub (this is what the plate amplifier is connected to)

The way I've had it set up was Voicemeter Banana was set as my default sound device and I had the built in equalizer set to filter out everything but the bass frequencies that runs through the USB sound card to the bass shaker.

When I put on the VR headset, I would get normal sounds through the headphones and vibrations through the bass shaker.

Now, post 1903 update, I cannot figure out how to sync these devices via software settings to run correctly.

I have tried numerous sound source variations in the Voicemeter, Win 10, and SimShaker settings to try to get these all playing together.

Any help would be great.

Win 10 64bit; 32 GB DDR4 3200 Ram; ASUS MoBo; 1TB SSD;Intel i7 8700K; GTX 1080ti 11GB; Thrustmaster Warthog;Odyssey + VR

I need help folks, since the Windows 10 update 1903, I cannot get SimShaker to properly sync with Windows sound and Odyssey Plus so that I get sound from the earphones but the shaker input from my bass shaker.

Here's my hardware:

-Samsung Odyssey Plus VR using WMR and Steam VR. This is connected to computer via USB 3.0

-Realtek built in sound card on the motherboard

- Desktop speakers with sub-woofer connected to motherboard sound card

-75 amp Plate Amplifier

- Bass Shaker sound puck connected to sim chair (powered by speaker wires from plate amplifier)

- USB sound card connected to powered USB hub (this is what the plate amplifier is connected to)

The way I've had it set up was Voicemeter Banana was set as my default sound device and I had the built in equalizer set to filter out everything but the bass frequencies that runs through the USB sound card to the bass shaker.

When I put on the VR headset, I would get normal sounds through the headphones and vibrations through the bass shaker.

Now, post 1903 update, I cannot figure out how to sync these devices via software settings to run correctly.

I have tried numerous sound source variations in the Voicemeter, Win 10, and SimShaker settings to try to get these all playing together.

Any help would be great.

For my setup, sometime, Windows resets the default sound output device to something else then Voicemeter, maybe that is the issue here?