[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

It's not that easy... DCS currently does not export data that we can be sure, the plane sits on a catapult. I tried to add some algorithm which reasons... However, that algorithm is not really polished yet. I might work on this in the future...
Is that 'Linked' attribute used(and available) for user ac? Like when you link a static obj to the carrier?

Sent from my Moto Z Play using Tapatalk

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

I implemented something but since I don't have the plane, I'm not sure if everything works... I might release it to SSA beta and let the community test :D

So when do we get to finally get to try this? Also, with the F-16 coming out, when will we get SSA updates for it?

Been a long while since we got an update...

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

This product has gotten so popular over the years, why hasn't ED made this data exportable to make any effect possible and easy to code into shaker applications? It boggles the mind.

+1

Or, if the developer isn't able to create specific effects for newly released modules in a timely manner, allow us to have a generic set of effects (Props/Jets/Helos) that allow us to have at least *something* while we're waiting for the specific module to be supported.

Still a little miffed that we don't have any effects for the Fw-190 Anton, even though it has been released for a while now, and equally concerned about not having any effects for the F-16 come tomorrow.

Thanks.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

So when do we get to finally get to try this? Also, with the F-16 coming out, when will we get SSA updates for it?

Been a long while since we got an update...

F-16 support will come later... I didn't buy it yet and I have to save my money at the moment...

I can release a new beta over the weekend...

DCS does not export generic data like other sims thus I have to figure out everything by my self for all modules I bought...

Edited by f4l0

So effectively the jetseat FSE is going to be completely useless in the F-16 unless f410 feels like buying it?

Will it not even output any effects even using 'default jet' profile?

It seems a little off to have a products usefulness entirely dependent on a single individuals whim/personal finances.

I would be happy to help with a loan so you can get the F-16 at 20% discount right now...if I had any sort of guarantee that A: we would actually get a profile out of it in a reasonable timeframe, and B: I actually got my money back eventually.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It is a shame that he has to buy these things to implement himself. I would hope that this could be changed or at least give him access to the aircraft.

f4l0 have you contacted ED about getting access to the data you need at all? Or maybe early access to some modules?

Edited by hazzer

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

So effectively the jetseat FSE is going to be completely useless in the F-16 unless f410 feels like buying it?

Will it not even output any effects even using 'default jet' profile?

It seems a little off to have a products usefulness entirely dependent on a single individuals whim/personal finances.

That's the frustrating/limiting aspect of the current situation, I agree wholeheartedly (didn't want to put it this bluntly myself earlier).

It is a shame that he has to buy these things to implement himself. I would hope that this could be changed or at least give him access to the aircraft.

I think that would be the best solution to ensure SSA support for the DCS modules we love from the start.

Not sure how this was handled for the F-14, but I believe that Heatblur involved f410 early onand the results show. Would be nice if this became a standard for ED and third party devs to do this.

From a module developer's perspective I would assume it's nothing more than supporting our various HOTAS systems as well...

Edited by rrohde
typos

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Have you guys ever considered to donate a few bugs to support f4l0's hard work so he does not have to buy the modules out of his own pocket all the time? He surely deserves it :)

Of course, ED et al. could and should provide the modules for free to him. But obviously this is not happening. So we as a community have to stand in.

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Have you guys ever considered to donate a few bugs to support f4l0's hard work so he does not have to buy the modules out of his own pocket all the time? He surely deserves it :)

Of course, ED et al. could and should provide the modules for free to him. But obviously this is not happening. So we as a community have to stand in.

Yes actually I have considered that - if you check my post I actually offered to just buy the module outright for him....but I am not the only one with a Jestseat.

TBH f4l0 could really have got onto contacting ED regarding module access, discounted modules, or organised some form of donation procedure to help him a while ago. As it stand now there is 1 day till the cessation of the 20% discount to get this organised - which given the situation the discount would have probably been handy.

I have contacted Wags via PM to ask for any assistance in access for f4l0 to the F-16 for the purposes of coding etc - fingers crossed!

Edited by VampireNZ

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes actually I have considered that - if you check my post I actually offered to just buy the module outright for him....but I am not the only one with a Jestseat.

TBH f4l0 could really have got onto contacting ED regarding module access, discounted modules, or organised some form of donation procedure to help him a while ago. As it stand now there is 1 day till the cessation of the 20% discount to get this organised - which given the situation the discount would have probably been handy.

I have contacted Wags via PM to ask for any assistance in access for f4l0 to the F-16 for the purposes of coding etc - fingers crossed!

Thanks for messaging wags.

I would donate but tbh funds are super tight right now.

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

Good stuff! Crossing fingers, too :)

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

for the sake of me I can´t find a donate button, where is it?

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Uh, much talking :-)

I talked to some ED people some time(years) ago. But nothing happened...

HB gave me early access to the module and was very very supportive in adding special data exports. But in the end, I bought it by my self...

If someone like to help me with the financial stuff, feel free to write me a pn...

Usually I was able to release a new SSA beta with (basic) support for the new module on release day or the day after... today it's a bit complicated since release day is on a weekday and I can not spent the whole night coding ;).

Since I got here some good feelings I'll buy the Falcon...

Update: Got it :), thx to the donor!

Edited by f4l0

Great news f4l0! :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@f4l0 - Ware schön wenn SSA Funktionalität dann auch auf die Fw-190 A8 ausgeweitet werden könnte :thumbup:

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Update: Got it :), thx to the donor!

Big thanks to the donor from here as well :thumbup:

(Needless to say (hopefully) that I would not have suggested to donate in my earlier post, if I had not already donated a fair amount myself. As a community we are powerful enough to support this great project, even if ED does fully realize its potential.)

anyone is having an issue with simshaker for aviators. For me for the last 2 weeks is closing with no error as soon it starts.. i see the icon in the tray and then nothing it closes.. anybody have any advice?

Let me guess -- did your Windows 10 recently update to version 1903? I wasn't having any issues with SSA until this update, and now following standard advice here is no longer working. Has anyone else had any issues getting SSA to install and/or start up recently? We can't be the only ones.

Let me guess -- did your Windows 10 recently update to version 1903? I wasn't having any issues with SSA until this update, and now following standard advice here is no longer working. Has anyone else had any issues getting SSA to install and/or start up recently? We can't be the only ones.

There were a few complaints regarding similar issues lately.

I think you guys can try to search for SimShaker for Aviators.exe in some of system named subfolders inside your C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0 folder and to run it manually.

There should be 2 folders containing SimShaker for Aviators.exe - 1 for the actual version and another for the previous one (a kind of a backup). You will need the first one.

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Started to work on the F16 last night... I still have struggle to 'detect' if the burners are active or not... Any advice is appreciated!

IRRC for BMS I had to take into account fuel flow abruptly increasing and nozzle position. If you mean afterburner.

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IRRC for BMS I had to take into account fuel flow abruptly increasing and nozzle position. If you mean afterburner.

Yep, that is the direction I'm currently looking into...

Just got this for my buttkickers and can't believe the difference it makes. Feeling that cockpit vibration is so much easier to react to than seeing it. Loving it!

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat