[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

I'm not seeing anyone with exactly this problem... the sound module won't let me select my sound card. It's there... I select it... the SM says it has to restart, but the sound card is back to none selected after it restarts. Anyone else see this? How do you get SSA to run as Administrator... I don't see a way to do that and I'm guessing that's a source of my problem.

Capture1.PNG.e146ea6e63061f325c47ae7ab685898b.PNG

Capture2.PNG.4531eaea805d3269982178fe3433794b.PNG

Capture3.PNG.752f46985e7b562f7beafc02a1e42da0.PNG

Capture4.PNG.5001cf218490ba47d6eb11889f72d0f0.PNG

Edited by Spiceman

Former USN Avionics Tech

VF-41 86-90, 93-95

VF-101 90-93

Heatblur Tomcat SME

I9-9900K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra | 32GB DDR4 3200 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe | RTX 2070 Super | TM Throttle | VPC Warbird Base TM F-18 Stick

Is there a way install some version earlier then latest, I have 1.3.8.0 and I would like update to latest stable not bata....

Take a look my mods :joystick: 

dcs_footer500.jpg

CPU: i7 7700 | GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 8GB DDR5 | Motherboard: ASUSTeK PRIME B250M-A | RAM: 2x16GB DDR4-2400 | Output: Kingston HyperX Cloud II | Edifier C2XD 2.1 | Controlls: Saitek X-56 Rhino | Saitek Flight Rudder Pedals | Saitek Multi/Radio/Switch Panels | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Elgato Stream Deck XL | OpenTrack with LaserClip | VoiceAttack with VAICOM Pro plugin

I'm not seeing anyone with exactly this problem... the sound module won't let me select my sound card. It's there... I select it... the SM says it has to restart, but the sound card is back to none selected after it restarts. Anyone else see this? How do you get SSA to run as Administrator... I don't see a way to do that and I'm guessing that's a source of my problem.

HRESULT: 0x8889000A usually means that the sound card is used by another application, most likely in exclusive mode.

Edited by =Andre=

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is there a way install some version earlier then latest, I have 1.3.8.0 and I would like update to latest stable not bata....

Beta and stable versions are different apps. You stable version can't take beta updates.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HRESULT: 0x8889000A usually means that the sound card is used by another application, most likely in exclusive mode.

Thanks, yeah, it’s got to do with Voicemeeter. I’ve seen some posts on that elsewhere. I’ll figure it out.

Former USN Avionics Tech

VF-41 86-90, 93-95

VF-101 90-93

Heatblur Tomcat SME

I9-9900K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra | 32GB DDR4 3200 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe | RTX 2070 Super | TM Throttle | VPC Warbird Base TM F-18 Stick

My SimShaker updated last night to 1.3.9.1 and i am not seeing the JF-17 listed in the "Model" listings and it's not working in game...... any ideas ?.

Thanks.

edit.... How do i force SimShaker to update to 1.3.9.2 ?

Edited by Gunnergolly

Win 11 Home 64Bit, i7-13700K@5.2Ghz Water Cooled, 32 Gb RAM, PNY RTX4090, HP Reverb, PICO 4, Quest 3, Realsimulator FSSB R3, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Pedals.

My SimShaker updated last night to 1.3.9.1 and i am not seeing the JF-17 listed in the "Model" listings and it's not working in game...... any ideas ?.

Thanks.

edit.... How do i force SimShaker to update to 1.3.9.2 ?

Gotta install the beta.

http://dsteam.azurewebsites.net/SSA/beta/publish.htm

I'm still having an issue with the flaps/wing fold sounds in the F/A-18C/F-14B respectively getting mangled after flying AV-8B/NA. Issue clears itself on restart of simshaker.

Edited by FoxTwo

Hello. I'm currently on 1.3.9.1 and flying A10C. All effects are working fine apart of flaps which would stop working mid mission while the rest of the effects continue working fine. Any ideas?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 10 Pro x64, Asus PG279Q, i7-6700K, Nvidia GTX1080TI, 16GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, TM Warthog, Saitek Combat Pro Rudder Pedals, TIR5+Trackclip

Hello. I'm currently on 1.3.9.1 and flying A10C. All effects are working fine apart of flaps which would stop working mid mission while the rest of the effects continue working fine. Any ideas?

Thanks for reporting this, I'll have a look...

I'm still having the issue where if I switch between modules the flaps audio loses its mind until I restart. I just get a stuttering on-off-on-off-on vibration instead of a smooth vibration until the flaps movement is finished.

It's even impacting in-game DCS sounds, audio routed to headset/helmet is getting cutoff. Instead of "ready pre-contact" I'll just hear "read..." and the betty sounds from the F-18 will say "flight" instead of "flight controls, flight controls". Closing and restarting the simshaker for aviators module fixes the problem. Sound outside of DCS (SRS) is normal and plays just fine.

I think it's impacting sounds over a particular length maybe? I don't know. I know it becomes a systemic problem that only fixes itself when I close and restart simshaker for aviators.

I use multiple sound cards in my machine, the on-board realtek for simshaker audio, a USB adapter for headset/helmet/comms, and an external USB DAC for 2.1 through speakers.

Edited by FoxTwo

I'm still having the issue where if I switch between modules the flaps audio loses its mind until I restart. I just get a stuttering on-off-on-off-on vibration instead of a smooth vibration until the flaps movement is finished.

What do I need to do to reproduce this? Can you maybe share a short track file?

It's even impacting in-game DCS sounds, audio routed to headset/helmet is getting cutoff. Instead of "ready pre-contact" I'll just hear "read..." and the betty sounds from the F-18 will say "flight" instead of "flight controls, flight controls". Closing and restarting the simshaker for aviators module fixes the problem. Sound outside of DCS (SRS) is normal and plays just fine.

Sounds really strange. SSA gets the data from DCS via some internal interfaces. Usually every frame, DCS sends some data. If the frame rate drops rapidly, the stream of data might be interrupted and thus, SSA thinks the flaps stopped moving... But this is just an assumption...

@All: I just published a new beta release which fixes the afterburner effect for the JF17

A trackfile wouldn't help, I've got one saved from when it's happening and closing the simshaker for aviators system tray process and restarting the application fixes it, even in the track replays. Output is set to sound, and so there's the sound module to factor in as well since I have it going to an amplifier that feeds a transducer.

For me it's 100% repeatable by hopping in the F-14 instant action mission 'take off', playing with the flaps a bit, which will work normally. Then hop into the F/A-18C instant action mission 'ready on the ramp', play with the flaps, exit, hop back into the F-14 instant action mission, play with the flaps and you get a 'blip-blip-blip' sound.

Since track files don't work, here's the output from my audio device recorded with audacity's wasapi mode to prove I'm not just losing my mind.

f-14_flaps.zip

For me it's 100% repeatable by hopping in the F-14 instant action mission 'take off', playing with the flaps a bit, which will work normally. Then hop into the F/A-18C instant action mission 'ready on the ramp', play with the flaps, exit, hop back into the F-14 instant action mission, play with the flaps and you get a 'blip-blip-blip' sound.

Ok, I'll have a look if I can reproduce this on my side...

A trackfile wouldn't help, I've got one saved from when it's happening and closing the simshaker for aviators system tray process and restarting the application fixes it, even in the track replays. Output is set to sound, and so there's the sound module to factor in as well since I have it going to an amplifier that feeds a transducer.

Since track files don't work, here's the output from my audio device recorded with audacity's wasapi mode to prove I'm not just losing my mind.

What if you restart just SimShaker Sound Module but not SimShaker for Aviators?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What if you restart just SimShaker Sound Module but not SimShaker for Aviators?

Good call. Just recreated the issue and closed the sound module. Restarted it, had to fiddle a bit with pausing and resuming the sim to get the data going between the two again but once it did, the issue persisted. So I guess the sound module is out as a potential culprit.

Hey all. I just installed the sound module (with key) and simshaker for aviators. I am not seeing the specific aircraft sounds for each aircraft. I am still seing Generic Jet , generic helo, etc. How do I get the specific aircraft sounds? Thanks

My Buttkicker just arrived. Do I understand correctly that for DCS I need to buy Sim-shaker Wings + option for bass shaker support?

THX

Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast! (Ken Gatward before his solo Beaufighter mission 1943)See vid here

HW: i7-12700K, 32 GB RAM, MB PRO Z690-A DDR4 , GTX 3080, LCD UltraWQHD (3440x1440) G-SYNC 120Hz,Tobii Eye Tracker 5, VKB Gunfighter III (KG12 WWII), MFG Crosswind, AuthentiKit Throttle & Trims, Windows 11 64-bit

My Buttkicker just arrived. Do I understand correctly that for DCS I need to buy Sim-shaker Wings + option for bass shaker support?

THX

Wings isn't for DCS, you want to use Simshaker for Aviators (free) and the Sound Module (paid).

thx for the reply. I have used to uh-1 f16 f-18 already in dcs. still no profile showing

While in the module, press the little refresh button next to the profile drop down menu. That should load the profile for the module you're in.

i7 6700k @ 4.6, Gigabyte Z170X-UD3, 32GB DDR4 2666, GTX 1070, Rift S | MS Sidewinder FFB2 w/ TM F-22 Pro Grip, TM TWCS Throttle, VKB T-Rudder Mk. IV