No update to new version?

BigBadVuk

Hello DCS people

According to news letter i received 30 mins ago my DCS world 1.5 should be now updated to version 1.5.5

However for some reason im still getting message that mine is 1.5.4.57288.170, even after force repair ( updater refused to update, my game is up to date according to him ) :

http://i.imgur.com/9viSOqh.png

Any ideas?

Also any news about unification of all those versions into one? Im getting slightly out of SSD space and running double settings for modules is annoying as hell - each time i adjust one of commands i need to do same in other installations as well. Very annoying and time consuming and ofc im prone to making mistakes with all this because it is a bit chaotic.

Wait a bit... how?

News letter says it is. Are you sure?

Why publishing news which are false?

BTw, why rushing the news letter which doesnt say anything important short of SORRY we are late with everything we are working on with atm ? :D

EDIT: ok, i just had to be sure that it is not my updater acting ( it has history of ignoring updates for some reason). Thank you

Just got the update, so it's live now, at least for some locations. Shouldn't take long for remaining customers to get it.

As for controller commands, You know You can just copy "Input" folder from Your "Saved Games" location between various installs and it usually works OK, don't You?

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

News Letter Says "Today", not "Right Now".

Anywho, the Update should be live now.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Sorry mate, but I don't understand the "fiddling" part. You literally copy contents of a single folder to another folder. About 20 seconds of work when You remember where they're located, up to 1 minute when not and that's it.

I can't imagine how "more" fiddling it is compared to manually redoing controls in the game (which I also hate BTW). It's Your call, though.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

If you ignore the update to the Beta release included everything to take the F-5 out of beta, and the rear cockpit for the Hawk functionality, plus the tweaks added to other modules along the way, then yes, the latest update is a step backwards!

As for getting negative news regarding the projected release date for 2.5 and the Hornet - would you rather they kept us in the dark? Sure it is unwelcome news, but it is nevertheless news.

All updates appear after the accompanying newsletter, and all updates appear around this time of day. There's nothing to panic about.

So is this true, release ver 1.5.5 does NOT autoupdate, we have to do another install from scratch?

CPU: i7 980x @ 4.2GHz RAM: 24gb Corsair Vengeance

MB: Gigabyte Sniper X58 w/onboard Soundblaster X-Fi

HD: SanDisk 480gb SSD OS: Win7 Pro 64bit

VIDEO CARD: EVGA GTX 980ti FTW

MONITOR: LG 34" Ultrawide 2560x1080

MP SERVER: ibuypower i7-4810MQ w/Win7 Home 64bit

GEAR: Saitek X-52 Pro; Combat Rudder Pedals; Throttle Quadrants. Thrustmaster MFD's, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, Turtle Beach X-12 Headset

So is this true, release ver 1.5.5 does NOT autoupdate, we have to do another install from scratch?

All Versions Auto Update.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

If it doesn't auto update by executing your desktop icon, go into Start/Programs/Eagle Dynamics and select whichever version(s) of DCS World/Update DCS World.

When finished updating you can start DCS from your desktop and it "should be" up-to-date.

SnowTiger:joystick:

Just got the update, so it's live now, at least for some locations. Shouldn't take long for remaining customers to get it.

As for controller commands, You know You can just copy "Input" folder from Your "Saved Games" location between various installs and it usually works OK, don't You?

SummaBeech.. This works now? I had no idea. LOL, guess I missed that. I remember copy/pasting between the two didn't work originally. Never saw that that was a fix. Derp. Glad I surfed this therad. :doh:

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group One | Discord