What is your 3dMark06 score?

At the risk of being an utter pedant, you're stament which seems to make sense is technically really quite innacurate. I feel obliged to point out that even small, slightly complex programs these days are comprised of multiple threads. LOMAC uses multiple threads. For the most part you would be a fool to write a piece of software not based upon threading.

i think we are talking utilising multiple cores on one cpu, where as lockon does not currently take advantage of this and until the code is re-written it apparently cannot, if 3dmark06 does then the performance scores of the benchmark results compared to the real world performance of lockon will be significantly different and nearly halvable, hows that sound?

i think we are talking utilising multiple cores on one cpu, where as lockon does not currently take advantage of this and until the code is re-written it apparently cannot, if 3dmark06 does then the performance scores of the benchmark results compared to the real world performance of lockon will be significantly different and nearly halvable, hows that sound?

Yea, that's why I mentioned the pedantry.....

Ukr_Alex,

I think you are reffering to me, right? And actually I did make sure I disable AA and AF in CCC so I really don't know why it's not any better. When I compare the CPU score to others it's about the same or a bit higher, but the graphics test are substantially lower,

I see IguanaKing gets around 6800 and he uses same video card and his CPU is working at 3.2GHz as far as I remember, so compared to my 3GHz that's not much of a difference, but then again I get around 5200 and he gets 6800... how come???

IguanaKing, what drivers are you using with your X1950XTX?

No longer active in DCS...

You should be up there near my score (8547) with that spec, you got a conroe and 1950XTX and similar memory - you got second GPU?. I'm using the 6.8 drivers from ATi.

Click the link below to see other scores with similar spec to yours, some peeps have amazing scores (specially with crossfire) :D

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1006807&page=38&pp=20

My Hangar:

F16C | FA18C | AH64D | F14A/B | M2000C | AV8B | A10C/ii | KA50/iii | UH1H | Gazelle | FC3 | CA | Supercarrier

My Spec:

Obsidian750D Airflow | Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K | 32GB DDR4 Vengeance @3600 | RTX3080 12GB OC | ZXR PCIe | WD Black 2TB SSD | Log X56 | Log G502 | TrackIR | 1 badass mutha

Im downloading 3D mark 2006 right now. But preliminar benchies on Sandra 2007 says that my CPU outruns Athlon FX-51 o_O but memory bandwith is a sad sample of comparable systems.

My GFX is now pretty old, the chipset is about 4 years old?

lets see how this stacks up, but I remember 2005 scores were pretty low.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

yeah, thx. Im thinking in getting a new system in a few months anyway. I had master boot table corruption twice in 2 weeks now. I bought a new hard drive to recover the data of the old one (successfull), funny thing is that this later works perfectly now and I use it to hold the page file wich makes things smoother. Even so I still think theres something fishy about my system to ge so many problems in so little time all of the sudden. I fear it might die on me overnight and as soon as I get the money Ill have a new system that wont be a raggy doll as this one looks like.

My PC specs below:

Pilotasso, the 9800 pro is going to kill your score. Just remember how much all these guys paid for their 7900/x1900 GPUs and how much they help with LOMAC. :thumbup:
This is a good one Goya! You are right that video card alone does not make a big difference. In my case, my 6800 gt water cooling was failing, I already messed the heat sink up, did not want to wait for water cooling repair and decided to go ahead and get me a new video card.

7900gto looked as a good buy and I got it. And I did not see much improvement in Lock On over 6800gt. Now my bottleneck is a CPU.

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Yeah the GFX would give me a boost because I already have as much memory as LOMAc can use anyway. Sometimes the choice is not as simple as geting a new GFX though. That hapens if any other components is severly lacking to any of LOMAC needs...such as memory. On some systems there will be a jump in smootheness just by adding memory. the GFX could also be limited by an old CPU anyway.

My PC specs below:

Guest IguanaKing
IguanaKing, what drivers are you using with your X1950XTX?

I'm using Cat 6.8 for my card, Cat 6.9s were botched by ATI and left out the X1950XTX for some reason. One thing you might try that has made a pretty significant performance difference for me in the past is to turn off indexing on your hard drive(s). I'm also using the automatic configuration function in ATI overdrive to overclock the card. BTW...what temperature does your overdrive panel say your GPU is running at? Mine seems to be way too high (74), so I'm just wondering what's normal.

OUCH!!

My PC specs below:

I'm using Cat 6.8 for my card, Cat 6.9s were botched by ATI and left out the X1950XTX for some reason. One thing you might try that has made a pretty significant performance difference for me in the past is to turn off indexing on your hard drive(s). I'm also using the automatic configuration function in ATI overdrive to overclock the card. BTW...what temperature does your overdrive panel say your GPU is running at? Mine seems to be way too high (74), so I'm just wondering what's normal.

Check what frequency PCI-E is running at in bios.

74 seems ok for stock cooler under load.

You have your motherboard chipset drivers installed?

I guess your best bet is to get 6.10 betas and see how that goes.

Make sure you have the latest chipset drivers installed though.

:Core2Duo @ 435FSB x 7 3.05GHz : ATI x1900xtx: 2GB Patriot @ 435Mhz : WD 250Gb UATA: Seagate 320Gb SATA2: X-Fi Platinum:

uping the PCI-E or AGP bus wont do squat these days. You can easely loose perfomance by other factors such as 3D effects acceleration features in wich you would need a new card anyway. Juts like me. :)

My PC specs below:

The X1900XT/XTX and X1950XT/XTX all run at temps ~55 idle and can get up to ~95 under maximum stress - which is the norm, any higher you may have airflow problems.

My cards get to about 85 max playing GRAW (settings maxed) but the Akasa Eclipse62 case helps :D 2x 120mm fans blowing away.

My Hangar:

F16C | FA18C | AH64D | F14A/B | M2000C | AV8B | A10C/ii | KA50/iii | UH1H | Gazelle | FC3 | CA | Supercarrier

My Spec:

Obsidian750D Airflow | Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K | 32GB DDR4 Vengeance @3600 | RTX3080 12GB OC | ZXR PCIe | WD Black 2TB SSD | Log X56 | Log G502 | TrackIR | 1 badass mutha

uping the PCI-E or AGP bus wont do squat these days. You can easely loose perfomance by other factors such as 3D effects acceleration features in wich you would need a new card anyway. Juts like me. :)

No. Certain PCI-E speeds depending on the board can cause system instability, SATA to not work and sh*te like that. Hence I asked what he has it at.

Best is to keep it 100-101.

:Core2Duo @ 435FSB x 7 3.05GHz : ATI x1900xtx: 2GB Patriot @ 435Mhz : WD 250Gb UATA: Seagate 320Gb SATA2: X-Fi Platinum:

Guest IguanaKing
The X1900XT/XTX and X1950XT/XTX all run at temps ~55 idle and can get up to ~95 under maximum stress - which is the norm, any higher you may have airflow problems.

My cards get to about 85 max playing GRAW (settings maxed) but the Akasa Eclipse62 case helps :D 2x 120mm fans blowing away.

Thanks, just curious, because my old 9800XT started to get all kinds of graphical anomalies if the GPU temp went much beyond 50. This new card has topped out at about 78, and not a single graphical glitch. I guess its just meant to run hotter than the older ATI cards. :D

I need some advice regarding a graphics card. I am in the process of upgrading my system to the Core 2 Duo processor. As a result, I am having to replace my DDR ram to DDR2. Also, my previous graphics card is a Radeon 9800 Pro AGP. My motherboard only supports PCI-e so I will need a new card. I am not wanting to shell out $300 for a x1900, so I am trying to find a card that is fast enough to handle LOMAC. I have always heard that the CPU is more important for this sim. Will an x1600 pro graphics card be fast enough such that it will not be the bottleneck? I found this table on the internet, but I am unsure which numbers are most important. http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/131 . I appreciate any input regarding graphics card....