Mi-8 Clam Shell Doors Question

Kudos to BelSimTek on this beautiful upgrade. I'm just loving this helicopter the second time around. As we now have the ability to fly an Mi-8 without the clam shell doors; I was wondering why someone would take them off in the first place? What would be the purpose of taking those doors off? Why is this done in the real world?

See mainly on youtube for Special Operations, the Rope is attached too the Tail Boom directly behind the passenger compartment.

The Troops can insert from the MI-8 quickly don't have to open the Doors first.

And also see some unexpected Weapons, Syrian Army drops Roll Bombs form the Crew Compartment where the Doors normally sitting in the Way.

Edited by MAD-MM

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

In real life they are not heavy. Maybe 50 kilos for both of them together.

Oh, OK. In the mission editor they are 130kg. I was somewhat confused because removing the cargo door also removes all weapons (why?), so I thought the difference was bigger than it is.

The Troops can insert from the MI-8 quickly don't have to open the Doors first.

Having been in several heliborne assaults I can assure you this is not an issue. The doors are open long before the helicopter gets near the ground.

Same with extraction.

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless & Valve Index; Point Control v2

• ED Team
Oh, OK. In the mission editor they are 130kg. I was somewhat confused because removing the cargo door also removes all weapons (why?), so I thought the difference was bigger than it is.

because if you need any weapon employment (IRL) helicopter must be equipped cargo half-door.

"In the mission editor they are 130kg" -yes, with armor plating for aft gunner (33kg).