Desperately needed models

Sierra99

Gents

I know there is a long list of models we need to fill in our world but there are a couple whose absence seriously impacts immersion while on the ground...

We need Maintenance "Bread Vans" and we need some various Maintenence personnel (I.E NOT carrying weapons.)

On flightlines today, bread vans are ubiquitous. Each "specialty" has one or two and they roam the Flightline like nomads... They are the mobile offices, break rooms and bunkhouses of the Flightline and their absence is conspicuous. In the 80s and 90s they were most often a Dark Blue and since about 2000 or so they are usually White. In the past there were numbers on the sides denoting speciality...I believe the numbers were removed for OPSEC reasons.

Second, we need ground crew. They don't have to be fancy but again, every aircraft starting has a fire guard...every aircraft starting has a crew chief...their absence is noteworthy...

If I knew how I'd do it but I'm not that person...I can make stick figures...

Sierra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Just spent a month with someone else modelling a ship. the 2.5 hrs now I spent applying my head to the desk as to why it no longer creates a wake and the weapons that I spent ages making suddenly no longer fire.

I can tell you from experience that making scratch mods is a massive undertaking, even shit ones. You can probably tell if you find Ranger79's request for help to get a wheel turning without wobbling. its just ridiculously complex and multidisciplined.

I was hoping we could knock out some cheap ones to fill gaps also. Turns out is not something that can be easily done and it makes me very sad. :(

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Pikey, there is nothing complex about getting a wheel to rotate without "wobbling" - this happens if:

a). the pivot point isn't set correctly.

b). trying to assign two axis of rotation for the same object - e.g. wheel rotation and steering.

The latter is the most common mistake. All you need to do is to separate the functions - e.g. for a vehicle you model axles for the front wheels and then:

- animate rotation for the axles.

- animate steering for the wheels

- link wheels to axles.

Problem solved :)

Wow you missed my point entirely., I'm trying to say the stupidest things can take ages to solve.

Maybe you can help out Beamrider and start firing away the models then.

Pikey, there is nothing complex about getting a wheel to rotate without "wobbling" - this happens if:

a). the pivot point isn't set correctly.

b). trying to assign two axis of rotation for the same object - e.g. wheel rotation and steering.

The latter is the most common mistake. All you need to do is to separate the functions - e.g. for a vehicle you model axles for the front wheels and then:

- animate rotation for the axles.

- animate steering for the wheels

- link wheels to axles.

Problem solved :)

Wow you missed my point entirely., I'm trying to say the stupidest things can take ages to solve.

Well ok I guess I misinterpreted your...

You can probably tell if you find Ranger79's request for help to get a wheel turning without wobbling. its just ridiculously complex and multidisciplined.

...as an example of something "ridiculously complex" to solve :) .

Let's also look at the 4hrs I spent int he last two days trying to work out why GT.X_tail = -56 despite being 56m behind the ship doesn't produce a wake. Then you finally check to see if the latest patch broke everything on ship wakes and find, remarkably, it has and you wasted the time for that day on that mod, doing precisely nothing.

Perhaps ridiculously complex is too literal, I'll settle for ridiculous, or time consuming as being a more accurate desription of the root of why making simple mods takes so long.

Does that work better for you?

I also think it's something people take for granted. While, say, adding a new aircraft might appear trivial - this is a flight sim, right - the devil is always in the details. And then, as Pikey said, along comes a patch and ruins everything overnight.

All modders must be mildly insane by definition. Respect them - you really don't know what they're capable of. :D

UltraMFCD 3.0 in the works.

https://ultramfcd.com

Let's also look at the 4hrs I spent int he last two days trying to work out why GT.X_tail = -56 despite being 56m behind the ship doesn't produce a wake. Then you finally check to see if the latest patch broke everything on ship wakes and find, remarkably, it has and you wasted the time for that day on that mod, doing precisely nothing.

Perhaps ridiculously complex is too literal, I'll settle for ridiculous, or time consuming as being a more accurate desription of the root of why making simple mods takes so long.

Sure, but thats "the name of the game"(modding) :)

Hat's off to all of you for even trying to create mods in this frustrating environment!

I also think it's something people take for granted. While, say, adding a new aircraft might appear trivial - this is a flight sim, right - the devil is always in the details. And then, as Pikey said, along comes a patch and ruins everything overnight.

All modders must be mildly insane by definition. Respect them - you really don't know what they're capable of. :D

I don't need no stinkin' GPS! (except for PGMs :D) :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have spend the last week, after we finished the Alligator doing this, I think this is something that is missing from the ground support vehicles.

Should be ready for release in a few days i should imagine

A10C Munitions Loader

untitl39.jpg

untitl38.jpg

Cheers Specter

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist