Project F-15

walmis

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Walmis Frist off Absoultly fantastic work any thoughts on re working the A-10 model? the only thing I found on the skin that i don't think can be drawen around is the left wing once again my hat is off to you thanks for all the hard work

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/a-10c-warthog-supplies

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/133818-deadmans-cockpit-base-plans/#comment-133824

CNCs and Laser engravers are great but they can't do squat with out a precise set of plans.

any thoughts on re working the A-10 model?

Actually an A-10 model may be easier since I'm in contact with a guy name krazyscotsman over at the project phoenix who is willing to let us use his A-10 3d model. He's going to provide the .3ds file but the only problem is it was kinda big like 65 k poly. So right now he's trying to cut back a few poly. It has no LOD and its not animated. We just have to do that by ourselves.

Anyway, this is krazyscotsman A-10

a10_thunder01.jpg

It looks pretty nice, i just hope someone in the community will be willing to give it animation and damage model once he uploads the file. Anyway back to the original F-15 topic.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Walmis, first of all thank you for the fantastic job done on this model! :thumbup:

I've noticed that the centerline fuel tank is carried in a position that seems too arretrated to me. I would suggest you to use the same x coordinate used for the wing fuel tank pylons.

Hi Walmis, I have found this: when taxiing with your new model, the nose wheel is turning to the oposite direction than aircraft (it is possible to see it in external view) = when I aplly right rudder, the aircraft turns correctly to the right, but the nose wheel is during this turned to the left.

Maybe somebody has reportred it already, or maybe it happens only to me..

But great job anyway....

O.

hes aware of this. Be patient, hes being bombarded by bug report posts.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

• 2 weeks later...

The thing that bugged me the most with the original model was the weird looking nose, and allthough this model looks alot better in some areas, the nose looks even worse...and the transition from the canopy to the "back" of the aircraft looks a bit weird too...

The model as a whole looks great, but if youre able to work out these details as well it's going to look awesome! Keep up the good work!

He did adjust it for the most part and it looks a lot better compared to his original one. However, it still needs a little more adjustment on the tip of the nose, other than that, the canopy has been fixed- you need to run the update in order to get it. I hope in the future he would find some time to come back to the issue.

ScreenShot_064Medium.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]