**Viggen Release Information (27th)**

Cobra847

My expectation was that they would release a 1.5 update including the Viggen, all based on my insanity of expecting that what they wrote on the webshop would also be what they deliver.

Edit: and in all honesty, this is not about opinions but pure facts (unless you play in that "alternative facts" group on the rise). Intentional or not, irrelevant, that guy (and quite a few others according to my notification list on this very forum only) got tricked into buying something he cannot use on said date.

Not really a biggie, we can wait, but facts remain and others trying to deny that really gets on my nerve.

This community really is something special.

Edited by theOden

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again they stated it would be released for 1.5 on the 27th January...

And it was release on 1.5 on 27th January...

So they kept that promise...

They never specified if it would be released on 1.5.5 or 1.5.6 on the store page.

They stated a 1.5 release and that is what we have on schedule...

If you dont want to patch your game to the latest version to enjoy the Viggen then that is your choice not theirs.

Edited by mattebubben

• ED Team

Guys stop the back and forth, everyone is entitled to an opinion, it has been made and ED and Leatherneck will listen to the feedback.

Meanwhile enjoy your flying, seen some great footage already of the viggen popping up on you tube which is good to see.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
Any word on steam release?

probably not until it is out of early access I imagine.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Indeed.

But the point is the Viggen is not as easy a Pray as some might think.

And it will without a doubt be the hardest Attack aircraft to catch for enemy fighters.

Since its the only one that can actually run away from an enemy.

And if you are letting the enemy fighters get close enough to launch on you then you are already making a mistake.

The moment you see Radar spikes getting close from the enemy direction you should consider running and if they lock you (and you have a strong suspicion that it is an enemy fighter thats the point where you can jettison and run for it

(if you have to jettison weapons or not depends on what Loadout you have as some weapons have more Drag then others).

And sure fighters can still prevent you from striking the targets if they manage an intercept but they might not be able to catch or shoot you down if you turn and run in time.

Where as in a A-10 or Su-25 your only chance is either hiding hoping they loose you or pray for somebody to save you.

Defeating or preventing strikers from attacking targets is the fighters' job, so by dropping stores the fighter effectively won that battle. And I don't even have to turn on my radar until I get really close in the Mirage. Of the two Viggen's I saw last night, one ate a Magic from another Mirage and between me and an Su-27, that pilot was screwed anyway. The other was going to take a Magic from me until in his attempts to evade resulted in him finding the terrain.

Considering that Viggen's ground radar pings away seemingly all the time, a Mirage pilot doesn't really have to turn on his radar until basically within visual range and use Magic's. No radar lock required at that point.

I cannot believe so many people are whining about an early-access product being released on a Beta build, when it's not even Leatherneck's fault that this is the case!

"OH THEY DIDN'T DELIVER!"

Well, that'll be because ED do their own update schedule and the third parties have to come along for the ride whether they like it or not. Do you think Cobra and Company sat there and said "This'll get em!" MUHAHAHAAH

Absolutely not. Those of you whining to the point of "THE TRUST IS GONE" and "BUUUU I WANT A REFUND" need to wake up and smell the coffee. It is reasonably fair to say it will be on the next stable build in a week or two. Why is this such a problem?

Completely ridiculous. You lot should try playing EVE Online, where one patch REMOVED BOOT.INI from people's computers, so their entire computer wouldn't boot up!

Edited by BIGNEWY
1.1 1.2
  • Like 1

Of the two Viggen's I saw last night, one ate a Magic from another Mirage and between me and an Su-27, that pilot was screwed anyway. The other was going to take a Magic from me until in his attempts to evade resulted in him finding the terrain.

Considering that Viggen's ground radar pings away seemingly all the time, a Mirage pilot doesn't really have to turn on his radar until basically within visual range and use Magic's. No radar lock required at that point.

Well Viggen is out for one day, so expect people getting a lot more efficient with it with practice and after a few bugs and missing features are resolved. Remember when M2000 came out and people were slaughtered by Mig-21s left and right. That situation changed rather quickly after a few days of practice... :)

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

Well Viggen is out for one day, so expect people getting a lot more efficient with it with practice and after a few bugs and missing features are resolved. Remember when M2000 came out and people ot slaughtered by Mig-21s lefr and right. That situation changed rather quickly after a few days of practice... :)

Oh, I do expect it. However, the Viggen is currently most vulnerable when emerging from the coast line. Knowing where to look, and what to look for is half the battle. That mission briefing pays dividends. ;)