F-15 Release

walmis

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It depends, Ice.F-15's with serials between 75 and 79 had metalic green Avionics Bays.F-15's with serials between 80 and 86 had white. In almost all cases, they still have these colors. Repainting the Avionics Bay is an extremely difficult task. Seeing as most of the F-15's in Lock ON are from Alaska, Langley or Lakenheath, White is the safe bet.

topGraphic.gif

Seeing as most of the F-15's in Lock ON are from Alaska, Langley or Lakenheath, White is the safe bet.

Seeing as Alaska and Langley are going Raptor (or AESA) and Lakenheath has decommissioned its F-15C squadron, should we rather request a skin for the 390th FS "Wild Boars" of the ACC Mountain Home rapid-reaction wing?

MountainHome1w.jpg

-SK

Seeing as Alaska and Langley are going Raptor (or at least AESA) and Lakenheath has decommissioned its F-15C squadron, should we rather request a skin for the 390th FS "Wild Boars" of the ACC Mountain Home rapid-reaction wing?

http://homepage.mac.com/topcover/PhotoAlbum34.html

-SK

Actually, the plan is to transition the 366th AEW into an all F-15E wing in the near future, IIRC.

However, AFAIK, the 493rd FS of RAF Lakenheath has not been decommissioned - in fact, according to the Lakenheath website, they were deployed to Denmark and tasked to provide air cover for the U.S. president during the 2006 NATO summit during the Thanksgiving holidays.

Seeing as they are the only air supremacy squadron of the USAFE, I don't know how you think they might have been decommissioned...?

sigzk5.jpg

That's odd... I could have sworn I heard that exact same rumour months ago about Lakenheath, from a crew member on the f-15estrikeeagle.com forum. Is one of us mixing them up?

Then there's this:

http://www.493rd.tripod.com

:confused:

-SK

That website - it says 493rd VFS...what does the V stand for?

About the whether the 48th is transitioning to an all F-15E wing or the 366th, I have no clue, but I've heard that the 366th is planned to transition to streamline the logistics of things - guess having multiple aircraft types is a bit too expensive for the upper brass. I haven't heard anything about the 48th FW making any major changes lately, with it being arguably the most powerful fighter unit in Europe, although I can possibly be wrong about that.

Not always the most reliable source, but GlobalSecurity reports the same.

• Like 1
sigzk5.jpg

Thanks VE for that info. Im going to go for metallic green. Is there a RGB code for that colour. anyone ?

It's hard to find a picture of that particular part of the F15.. if you could then you'd be able to use the "Eyedropper" tool in Photoshop to match the color exactly. I had a look but i could only find this pic however its white and not the green you're looking for;

http://s96920072.onlinehome.us/AWA1/001-100/walk020_F-15C/images%20Bryan%20Ribbans/f15%20bay%20at%20rear%20of%20cockpit.jpeg

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.

Thanks VE for that info. Im going to go for metallic green. Is there a RGB code for that colour. anyone ?

The closest one I could pick with a Mk1 Eyeball would be the Windows Moldy Green - #008080.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Real men fly ground attack :pilotfly: where EVERYTHING wants a piece of you :D

In case anyone needs to switch back from Walmis' to default F-15 model what are the proper steps?!

I ask because I promised a small LOFC video with Eglin "Gorillas" aircraft, skin by D-Schyte, that doesn't fit to Walmis' model so I have to roll back to default AC. I would not wanna go thru complete reinstall of LOFC, patching to 1.12a, applying all mods with Modman again etc.

I made a backup of alternated MEInit.xml that I used before I installed Walmis' model and I'm about to roll it back to LockOn\ME and I backed up all F-15 files that I could find in Bazar/World/Shapes folder.

Now, how do I uninstall Walmis' F-15?! I have to note that I didn't use Loman/Modman to install it but I did it manually,

For manual installation extract everything except the readme, *.Lma files, and screenshot to lockon root directory

and run f15_installer.exe, don't forget to run f15_updater.exe regularly for updates.

like described in readme.txt.

Do I need to roll back those files from Shapes folder as well?!

Walmis?!

Thanks!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes, the pilot inside Walmis's F-15 is taller.

Chizh posted some comment about this model, but I don't know Russian so well to make a good translation.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro