JUST DOGFIGHT server thread

Flighter

What needs to be true for Player Exports to be turned back On in the server? When I was with the 104th I did a bunch of legwork consolidating info from dev’s to prove out that this option only allows ownship exports and introduces no risk of cheating, so I’m curious why it’s turned off in this server?

The main drawback for me is that my JetSeat SE doesn’t work, which kills immersion for me in dogfighting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Buckeye.

The only reason that the objects export are off, is available bandwidth. At the moment I have not switched to the main server with the 800/800++ Mbps.

As soon as I find the time, all exports will be active.

Cheers.

JUSTDOGFIGHT server - For Nickname reservation, stats, server map, instructions and other content visit our site justdogfight.com

🙂 Smile 🙂

Hi Buckeye.

The only reason that the objects export are off, is available bandwidth. At the moment I have not switched to the main server with the 800/800++ Mbps.

As soon as I find the time, all exports will be active.

Cheers.

Sounds awesome, thanks dude! I have really been enjoying the server when I only have a bit of free time to fly and want some quick action.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Sounds awesome, thanks dude! I have really been enjoying the server when I only have a bit of free time to fly and want some quick action.

thumbup.gif

All set guys !

Enjoy !

JUSTDOGFIGHT server - For Nickname reservation, stats, server map, instructions and other content visit our site justdogfight.com

🙂 Smile 🙂

OK, this is cool !!

Many thanks STORM-1 (and no, I refuse to call you Newbie).

Exciting, fast 'n full of action.

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Small thank you waiting for you in the server...

Cheers !

🙂 Smile 🙂

All set guys !

Enjoy !

Fantastic news, thanks dude!

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

• 4 weeks later...

I love the 1v1 slots. 1v1 guns is really all I do. It's highly unrealistic, but it's too much fun for me to avoid because of that reason. There was nothing worse then being merged with someone in a 1v1 then having someone else spawn in behind you and kill you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
All set guys !

Enjoy !

Not sure if it’s intentional or not but the Player Exports are turned off again for some reason...so JetSeats/ButtKickers, etc aren’t working again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

VR Rig:

Hi HDpilot !

Your comment was the final drop that tipped the scale to actually sit down and implement it.

Enjoy !

And to enable the file integrity check would be great too, greetings

Edited by HDpilot

hardware to fly around the world now

У авторов РЛЭ уж точно данные продувок в распоряжении были 

@2RGT Oberst Very nice once again !! Much appreciated

And to enable the file integrity check would be great too, greetings

HDpilot, the integrity is off because of the modified shaders (by Kagetys) not passing integrity test.

It's been months and months and we (VR users) have been shown a majestic big middle finger by ED. I would be ashamed to have been proven so 'below average' by one of my users and after all this time have done NOTHING about it...

Anyway.. I haven't done much of anything with DCS lately... maybe things have improved and I am ranting for nothing ! :)

Not sure if it’s intentional or not but the Player Exports are turned off again for some reason...so JetSeats/ButtKickers, etc aren’t working again.

Buckeye, if you see a "b" in the server's description, it's the secondary machine running the beta branch and having limited bandwidth.

It usually is temporary and a byproduct of the beta branch catching up with the so called "release" branch. You know the one with no bugs, exhaustive testing, respect to the customer etc etc.... hmmmm....

Cheers

🙂 Smile 🙂

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Since i'm flying constantly in the server (the only one mp server for me personally), I think it would be cool if we could have another 1 vs 1 slot . Huge demand for this slot, it won't split the server community but, imo (have discussed that with several players and all agree) it will attract more players to come with us.

Since i'm flying constantly in the server (the only one mp server for me personally), I think it would be cool if we could have another 1 vs 1 slot . Huge demand for this slot, it won't split the server community but, imo (have discussed that with several players and all agree) it will attract more players to come with us.

I agree. In addition can you sub the MiG-29S for the MiG-29A in the gun slots and provide the Fulcrums with more flares(they start with 30 flares$.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

I've been flying on this server and really enjoy it; many thanks for running it! A couple of suggestions:

* the F-15 slots in gunzo start with a very large amount of fuel - can this please be reduced?? Suggest 8000lb

* Can the gunzo area, currently over a city, be moved to an area with less ground clutter??? Its hard on VR frame-rates and just makes keeping tally harder with all the stutters and tearing.

* Tacview support (exports) seems to have been disabled recently ... this is really useful for spotting errors and improving. Appreciate this takes bandwidth, but is very useful.

Thanks again for hosting a great server,

James

Edited by Kula66

Hi there !

I really do not know if this is a good thing. Imagine a server showing 4 players and once you join you find no one to fight with. It'll be more like a private affair, something you could host in private and have a friend join.

Still I am not totally negative.

Jaguaras, please give me a suggestion as to what planes to have; not more that 3 or 4 for each side. I could make a test run on the beta server.

Plus it will be in the middle of nowhere, nowhere to land in case you want to test all weapons or rearm.

BTW It's always nice when I see you on line !

Best regards

🙂 Smile 🙂

I agree. In addition can you sub the MiG-29S for the MiG-29A in the gun slots and provide the Fulcrums with more flares(they start with 30 flares$.

Hi Evontroy !

I am checking the MIG29's in the guns area and see two S's and two A's for each side. Maybe you can explain a bit more ?

I assume the flares are for the "AIR" slots. Correct me if wrong. The 3rd and fourth slots of each MIG29 group should have 60 flares.

Thanks !

Edited by Flighter

🙂 Smile 🙂

* the F-15 slots in gunzo start with a very large amount of fuel - can this please be reduced?? Suggest 8000lb

James

Hi Kula !

I have opted for a fuel capacity that will give each plane a similar maneuverability; especially in the guns area. It does not mean I got it right, so I will check again and reduce it a bit.

* Can the gunzo area, currently over a city, be moved to an area with less ground clutter??? Its hard on VR frame-rates and just makes keeping tally harder with all the stutters and tearing.

James

Very good point regarding the performance issue. It's the one thing that spoils it for me too. I am afraid there is no other area having runways so close together. Your solution is in your settings ! And hope that ED takes VR players seriously one day and fixes it. They were almost there before the deferred shading became a must. :( Have tried Kegety's mod for the VR shaders ?

* Tacview support (exports) seems to have been disabled recently ... this is really useful for spotting errors and improving. Appreciate this takes bandwidth, but is very useful.

Thanks again for hosting a great server,

James

Tacview export should be on for the main server. The beta is bandwidth challenged so no can do. I will check that the main server has not exports turned off by mistake.

Cheers !

Edited by Flighter

🙂 Smile 🙂

Thanks Flighter.

I just end up zooming around for a while to burn off the excess :)

Its definitely good news that Ed is going to be looking at improving VR ... its great, but with a few changes could be awesome! Not sure I land much ... I either get shot down or run out of fuel!

I think I was on the 'release' server yesterday - I didn't know there is a beta, but I'll check to make sure I'm not on the beta next time.

Thanks,

James

Hi Flighter :)

would it be possible to add the Mig-15 and F-86 to the "AIR" slots?

I would like to use them on this server that I like but unfortunately they are available only "1vs1" and there is never anyone in this area ^^.

Thank you in advance for your answer and good evening!

Hi Flighter :)

would it be possible to add the Mig-15 and F-86 to the "AIR" slots?

I would like to use them on this server that I like but unfortunately they are available only "1vs1" and there is never anyone in this area ^^.

Thank you in advance for your answer and good evening!

Hi aeroflux.

That should be no problem. Will do on next map update.

The only reason I have them only in the guns area, is because they only have guns (?).

You will be a brave man among the F-18s and the Su's !

Cheers

🙂 Smile 🙂

You're looking for ~38000lbs GW. 8000lbs of fuel gives you more than that, but it's close enough. 10000lbs would be the maximum expected for such encounters, though as you can imagine it's all very contrived.

Hi Kula !

I have opted for a fuel capacity that will give each plane a similar maneuverability; especially in the guns area. It does not mean I got it right, so I will check again and reduce it a bit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda