Where are the mission files?

Mortifa

After all the problems my system has had, drives burning out, graphics cards dying and such I put all my main programs on D drive, except that wrecks havoc in DCS.

So is the a way to configure DCS to save files on the D drive, such as Missions, which I have scattered all over, and can I move all the missions into a single location for quick back up?

I make a mission in the mission editor and I can open it in the mission editor, but not from within that version of DCS. Where is that mission?

Thanks,

Fate is inexorable...

Normally they're located under:

C:\Users\{username}\Saved Games\DCS\Missions

If you've got multiple DCS versions then:

C:\Users\{username}\Saved Games\DCS\Missions
C:\Users\{username}\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Missions
C:\Users\{username}\Saved Games\DCS.openalpha\Missions

If you make a mission in one version, I'd advise not trying to open it in a different version of DCS unless that version is newer.

Opening Release/OpenBeta in OpenAlpha won't work at this point either, until the 2.5 merge happens.

If you want to shuffle them off, you can make symbolic links.

Edited by Buzzles

Mortifa,

You can store your missions on any lettered drive. In the Save Mission dialog box, navigate to the drive\folder and, I think, that destination will be kept. Like Buzzles said, missions from different DCS versions may not open, so I suggest you have a master DCS Missions folder with sub-folders by version, like:

DCS V10

DCS V12

DCS V15

DCS V20

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

• 2 years later...

I know this is an old thread, but I am having trouble finding all the missions (miz) files in the game. I was able to find them several updates ago. They are listed in the Mods folder under each aircraft. but I can't find them in game. Some direction please.

MJ

msi Z170A MB, i7-6700k @ 4.0GHz, 32GB DDR4

GeForce GTX 970 4GB, Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB

Acer Predator Z271, 650w PSU, Corsair Carbon500R, MS FFB 2

I still can't find them. I am looking for them in the mission tab in game but it is empty.

MJ

Does anyone know how to access all the missions "in game"?

MJ

I’d love to help, but cant understand really what is your issue, can you post a screenshot of your Mission select menu of DCS?

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Screen_190502_082030.thumb.png.561d7fddcfb25ade61f05e69285218c4.png

All of the shown folders are empty.

Thanks for the response

MJ

What version of DCS are you using first?

Second, you seem to be in the wrong directory judging by what I see in that picture. The language directories I see there aren't in my mission directories at all. If you click (or double click the very top folder with the two dots it will take out of that directory all the way back to the beginning of your drive (C:\ I would assume.) Just keep clicking until it wont go any further. Then go to..

C:\ (or whatever your drive is)\Users\{username}\Saved Games\DCS\Missions

if you have any missions saved for the directory you had highlighted, it would be in there.

If you have any training missions or default missions under each aircraft, they are listed under (your drive) / eagle dynamics/open beta (or whatever version your using)/mods/aircraft/(aircraft name)/missions/

See if you have any listed to begin with

Asus Prime 390A, Intel I7-8700k@4.8ghz, 32g ram, Nvidia EVGA GeForce RTX 2070, Track IR5, SSD(DCS dedicated), HDD for Win 10. TM Warthog 78051 Track IR5 Thrustmaster pedels

Stock single missions located, by default, in:

c:/program files/eagle dynamics/mods/aircraft/AIRCRAFTNAME/missions

Payware campaigns:

c:/program files/eagle dynamics/mods/campaigns/CAMPAIGNNAME

User-created missions are accessible via the "My Missions" quick link when placed in:

c:/users/YOURUSERNAME/Saved Games/DCS.VERSION/Missions

If mission files are not present in the first location, run a DCS repair using the start menu shortcut.

Got 'em

:thumbup:

I just had to keep clicking until I got to the right folder.:doh: I'm on the latest stable ver. I don't remember it being like this before. Anyway, thanks for all the help.

MJ

• 10 months later...