IMPORTANT MiG-21bis StarForce PATCH - APRIL 2017

Dolphin887

Read the instructions in the first post of this thread. Everything is covered there.

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mig21 serial key unrecognized since update?

Hi

Since the latest update, when i load up either 1.5.6 or 2.0 it`s saying my serial key for the Mig21 is not recognised due to some kind of integrity failure. My verion of this is fully bought and paid for from ED website. :(

Anyone had the same problem? Is this an issue to go to ED with?

Thanks for any help guys

• ED Team

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

MIG21

I HAVE UPDATED TODAY AND DEACTIVATED THIS PRODUCT BEVORE THIS UPDATE I HAVE

STEP BY STEP DEACTIVETED AND REGEDIT KEY DELETED AND YET MIE ACTIVATION KEY IS NOT VALITE WHY ????:helpsmilie::I DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHY IT DOES NOT WORK:mad:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]:alien:My dailymotion channel:http://www.dailymotion.com/buldingm :pilotfly:

and youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/buldingm

I HAVE UPDATED TODAY AND DEACTIVATED THIS PRODUCT BEVORE THIS UPDATE I HAVE

STEP BY STEP DEACTIVETED AND REGEDIT KEY DELETED AND YET MIE ACTIVATION KEY IS NOT VALITE WHY ????:helpsmilie::I DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHY IT DOES NOT WORK:mad:

Quelle version utilises-tu ? La stable / release, beta ou alpha ? Vérifie que le numéro de version est bien le dernier, pour la stable ou beta ça devrait être 1.5.6.3930.271, et pour l'alpha 2.0.5.3889.199 (tu peux voir le numéro de version en bas à droite du menu principal de DCS.

Quel message d'erreur as-tu quand tu essaies d'activer le module ?

Sinon, j'ai vu que la procédure habituelle dans ce genre de cas est de tenter une réparation, et essayer à nouveau d'activer le module.

Edited by Redglyph

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Just wasted 5 or 6 activation's trying to get it going again..Thanks a lot. I think I'll just leave it as it is. How about a Big Global forum heads up before an update that is going to include some dumb crap like this! I don't follow one thread all the time and had no way of knowing this was going to hose it up.

I updated without knowing the tricky stuff I'd have to do to get the Mig going again and now I can't. I have burned through most of my activation's just to see the "Can't activate because.." screen.

Tell you what, I flown it once..I'll give it back and you just hand me back my cash. Fair enough?

And email sent to tech support. You don't know how mad I am. Just fix it please and all will be well.

All is well.. thanks tech support. And quick too!

Geez, sorry for being out of line. That was a curve ball I didn't see coming but the fix,if you did update before turning the Mig off is easy. Again sorry for being an ass. You guys still rock.

^^^^This has got to be one of the best testaments to Leatherneck's willingness to fix things that I have seen until now. :)

Thanks for sharing. :thumbup:

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

Well, this is for sure a BIG lesson learned. Updates are coming quite often, I did not read this announcement and can't get it working again whatsoever. I paid for the damn thing, now I can't even use it when I still have some activations left. What should I do? .reg file don't work, deactivation don't work. Reinstall the whole damn thing? Rather give up the MiG-21. Frankly, this is very "customer last" policy. :(

PS: If there is some procedure for those who updated first, can you make it sticky, admins? Did not really read through all the pages. Thanks.

Save

Edited by Aldan
Adding request to admins.

PS: If there is some procedure for those who updated first, can you make it sticky, admins? Did not really read through all the pages. Thanks.ave

It is in the pdf shared in the first post.

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

Well, this is for sure a BIG lesson learned. Updates are coming quite often, I did not read this announcement and can't get it working again whatsoever. I paid for the damn thing, now I can't even use it when I still have some activations left. What should I do? .reg file don't work, deactivation don't work. Reinstall the whole damn thing? Rather give up the MiG-21. Frankly, this is very "customer last" policy. :(

PS: If there is some procedure for those who updated first, can you make it sticky, admins? Did not really read through all the pages. Thanks.

The procedure for those who updated first, as well as all the other cases, are explained quite clearly in the first post (pdf files).

Please give more details, the version you are using, what you mean by "doesn't work" (message), otherwise it's hard to help.

EDIT, oops, missed Sporg's reply that was already there :)

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

The procedure for those who updated first, as well as all the other cases, are explained quite clearly in the first post (pdf files).

Please give more details, the version you are using, what you mean by "doesn't work" (message), otherwise it's hard to help.

1.5.6.3930 build. When I start the app (start it as admin), it gives me the error on activation with options to Exit, Retry and Report. If I retry activation, it fails with the same screen with Exit, Retry and Report options. If I Exit, I get to the game. Retry always fails. Tried to deactivate from the Module Manager. Got the same screen open. Got two options - activate/deactivate, tried both with no success. Used the *.reg file and tried again. And removed MiG-21 from the module manager. Tried the things in different orders with following the PDF as well. Could not get it working - I assume installing the module again and activating would work though. Just not in the mood, yet. But I do love MiG-21 module, so will try anything later on.

Save

oups folk I have enter the fault serial number for activation I'm very confuse sorry sorry:doh:

is ok yet :music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]:alien:My dailymotion channel:http://www.dailymotion.com/buldingm :pilotfly:

and youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/buldingm

oups folk I have enter the fault serial number for activation I'm very confuse sorry sorry:doh:

is ok yet :music_whistling:

Well, that's good news, have fun! :)

1.5.6.3930 build. When I start the app (start it as admin), it gives me the error on activation with options to Exit, Retry and Report. If I retry activation, it fails with the same screen with Exit, Retry and Report options. If I Exit, I get to the game. Retry always fails. Tried to deactivate from the Module Manager. Got the same screen open. Got two options - activate/deactivate, tried both with no success. Used the *.reg file and tried again. And removed MiG-21 from the module manager. Tried the things in different orders with following the PDF as well. Could not get it working - I assume installing the module again and activating would work though. Just not in the mood, yet. But I do love MiG-21 module, so will try anything later on.

In the pdf, it's the case 4, pg. 6, since you couldn't deactivate before updating. It's "normal" that you get those error messages from the licence pop-up window, since it can only be deactivated from there before the update (I suppose it's a limitation due to how StarForce works).

So you have to do the registry part ... unless you have a 2.0.5 which is not updated yet to 2.0.5.3889; if that's the case you can do the deactivation from there too, then reactivate from the 1.5.6.

When you double-clicked on the *.reg file and confirmed, did it say the changes were applied successfully to the registry? You can also do the procedure manually, it's explained in the pdf of the other thread, page 8.

The next step would then be to activate from 1.5.6.3930.

If you get an error message, report it here with more information than just "it gives me the error", because that does not tell much - could be the version, could be you are out of activations, could be something else.

• Like 1

In the pdf, it's the case 4, pg. 6, since you couldn't deactivate before updating. It's "normal" that you get those error messages from the licence pop-up window, since it can only be deactivated from there before the update (I suppose it's a limitation due to how StarForce works).

So you have to do the registry part ... unless you have a 2.0.5 which is not updated yet to 2.0.5.3889; if that's the case you can do the deactivation from there too, then reactivate from the 1.5.6.

When you double-clicked on the *.reg file and confirmed, did it say the changes were applied successfully to the registry? You can also do the procedure manually, it's explained in the pdf of the other thread, page 8.

The next step would then be to activate from 1.5.6.3930.

If you get an error message, report it here with more information than just "it gives me the error", because that does not tell much - could be the version, could be you are out of activations, could be something else.

Will try. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

What's the fix if you updated before turning the mig off? I've updated both maps before finding out about the pre install steps. Can't fly the spitfire after the update either, except in the Nevada map. All I wanted was to fly tonight not spend the evening troubleshooting. There must be a better way to update.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

I know right? All I had to do is run this

https://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=160333&d=1491475049

start the game and paste my mig code into to activate it again. I don't know what to tell you about the Spit though.

BSD Discord , BSD Website

If it doesn't hover, it just sucks and blows

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

I know right? All I had to do is run this

https://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=160333&d=1491475049

start the game and paste my mig code into to activate it again. I don't know what to tell you about the Spit though.

Thank you. Mig & Spit working again. Followed instructions, option # 4. ( Reg clean and force update).

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

pfff, why on earth you do an update when we have to do something before ?

Or better why not deactivate that plane with the update procedure with instructions !

Now i have 8 activations left.... 8 patches ? :-(

on the othe rhand i have to say i´m quite happy now to fly the Viggen in DCS2 and DCS WITH Force Feedback since Patch !

But in DCS2 it feels less powerfull, i mean even in 3rd stage afterburner it accelerates much slower than in DCS.

This game is strange, lol

Edited by kubanloewe

WIN 10; i9-9900K@4,8GHz; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus;32GB Corsair DDR4 3600MHz; 2TB Samsung SSD; GeForce GTX1080 8GB Seahawk; 34" AW3418DW; MS FFB2 Stick

Please do following:

- perform REPAIR on each DCS version you have (Windows Start -> Eagle Dynamics -> Repair DCS World XXX),

- perform UPDATE on each version of DCS you have (Windows Start -> Eagle Dynamics -> Update DCS World XXX).

- restart your PC,

- perform registry cleaning (unzip and activate the file attached to the FIRST post in this thread).

- start DCS and activate your MiG.

Regards.

I tried to deactivate the key:

attachment.php?attachmentid=160563&stc=1&d=1491826443

So I ignored this step as is written in the PDF.

I performed REPAIR.

I performed UPDATE (download 2GB+)

I restarted PC.

Did the register thingy.

I restarted PC once again, just in case.

I tried to activate the key:

attachment.php?attachmentid=160564&stc=1&d=1491826443

Please advice how to proceed.

deac.jpg.5aac3c6d3dbcbcce075c65100c1c9ef5.jpg

activ.jpg.58ea53bee3011de0d3a8d8648c9ac656.jpg

The Ancient Fox

i tried to run the registry delete file and it corrupted DCS and i had to delete and reinstall the whole game, and it still won't activate. i deactivated it but it didn't give me a activation key and i can't activate it in the updater application as auto activation doesn't work. I have tried everything and nothing has worked.

• Like 1

Updated Open Beta without issues some time ago. Today I've run the process on the Open Alpha. It also worked without any problems.

Thanks M3LLC for making this change. For sure it's not easy but it should solve the activation problems that was bothering everyone for quite a while :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all