Standby Attitude Indicator Tilted

Bersagliere81

Hi there. I am new with this module, I can't really say if it is a bug but looks wrong to me

Standby Attitude Indicator is tilted while hoovering in leveled flight (see screenshot).

The scenario was the following: instant action, Nevada take off.

Also, adding here. ABRIS is in russian, but cockpit is in english

Screen_170415_220403.thumb.jpg.7dbedf93c205509a64c41eac8b85d182.jpg

| A-10C | MiG-21bis | Hawk T1.A | L-39 Albatros | F-5E | Ka-50 | Mi-8 | NTTR | CA | SU27 | M2000C | F-86F | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Mig 15 | Mig 19|

Specs

Intel i7-9700k

msi GTX 2060 Gaming Z

msi Z390 Gaming PLUS

16gb RAM

Hotas Warthog

Hi there. I am new with this module, I can't really say if it is a bug but looks wrong to me

Standby Attitude Indicator is tilted while hoovering in leveled flight (see screenshot).

The scenario was the following: instant action, Nevada take off.

Also, adding here. ABRIS is in russian, but cockpit is in english

The gyro drifts, so you have to reset it from time to time

put avionics language to english

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

no chance this will get looked at? the SAI gets completely out of any kind of balance very fast. sometimes all it takes is some simple maneuvering right after take off and the SAI is tilted over 45 degrees.. thats hardly coz of gyro drift? i can understand if it gets out of synch after prolonged flight with hard turns and what not.. but not after a couple of minutes.. and besides being a useless instrument it looks really bad :/

-----

My life as a child did not prepare me for the fact that the world is full of cruel and bitter things.

-Robert Oppenheimer, 1904-1967

TM Warthog Hotas, TM Rudder, Track IR 5

Next Level GT Ultimate V2 Gaming Chair Racing Simulator Cockpit

43" Screen

This absolute fun while in dense fog !

Clueless, hopeless and about to crash.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

• 2 months later...

This is due to gimbal lock. You'll notice that it gets locked in the same position every time it happens. The solution? Treat it exactly like what it says it is: the Standby Attitude Indicator, to be used only when the HSI fails. Despite the auto-start sequence uncaging it, you should keep it caged until you need it.

• Like 1