How to make the tanker refuel itself?

dudeman17

I'm trying to set up a mission and the thing I am struggling with is when the tanker is low on gas I would like him to fly to an airport, refuel then take off and resume the orbit as before. I have tried to have the option at waypoint two were the tanker will RTB on bingo. That part works fine, he flies to waypoint three (which is the landing waypoint) at waypoint three he has the command "refueling" then waypoint 4 is in the air just off the runway. At that Waypoint, I used the command switch to waypoint 1. All I've gotten is RTB then he goes and parks, at which point he shuts down and the crew jumps out.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

ASUS ROG Strix X570-E MB | Ryzen 9 5950x | ASUS Tuf RTX 4080 | 64 GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 MHz DDR4 | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB m.2 Nvme | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | Track IR 5 | Gigabyte M27Q-P 1440p 165hz |

AI units can not land and takeoff again. Consider maybe spawning a unit on or above the runway a few minutes after the tanker lands?

Owned: Ryzen 3900x, MSI AMD 470x mobo, 32gb 3200MHz ram, Gtx 1660 Ti, 970 Evo Plus 500GB, MsFFB2, TIR5, TMWH+18c Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Buttkicker/SSA, WinWing F-18C . Next is VR for simpit

Art Of The Kill:

AI units can not land and takeoff again. Consider maybe spawning a unit on or above the runway a few minutes after the tanker lands?

Hmm that's a little silly, maybe we should have a thread devoted to adding improved AI functionality to allow this...

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

if you need help setting this up. I will happily show you how to create triggers to spawn a new tanker when the 1st needs to land.

we do this on our training maps and have tankers airborne 24/7

PM me and I will help you out sir

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2