New Forrestal class carrier renders!

BlackLion213

Yes all would be amazing additions...Late 80s very early 90s were my absolute favorite time for carrier aviation...F-14s, A-7s, A-6Es, EA/6Bs, F-18s, C-2, E-2 and SH-3. The most diverse number of airframes on a carrier at once. It was awesome:D. Would love to be able to get a cooperative environment one day where we had multiple squadron's operating multiple naval variants in the same environment...Heck even the AV-8B off an LHA deck will be awesome as well!

+1 I am in the same boat!

[sIGPIC] "GOONIE" [/sIGPIC]

"GOONIE"

CSG-1 VFA-25

It definitively looks awesome. But I'm slightly wondering why they have chosen the older Forrestral and not the Nimitz? Either way, great work so far and I'm looking forward to it.

ED is working on a Nimitz class carrier. The Forrestal will give us two platforms to fly off of;)

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

No AD Skyraider on your Christmas list??!!

I man has to start controlling his appetite at some point, least it becomes his undoing! :hehe:

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

I might've just wet myself with joy, those things look fantastic! Keep it up RAZBAM!

I just hope we get improvements to the naval environment to DCS from ED in the future to really give these things the environment they deserve

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

I might've just wet myself with joy, those things look fantastic! Keep it up RAZBAM!

I just hope we get improvements to the naval environment to DCS from ED in the future to really give these things the environment they deserve

RAZBAM? :D

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

Someone forgot to align their NAV systems, we are in Heatblur's forums not RAZBAM's :P

Since ED is making a new F-4E model for the AI, I hope they can make it navalised so we can use it on these ships along with the F-14

The F-4E has never been a naval variant. For naval variants you want the F-4B, F-4J, F-4N, F-4S or F-4K (Phantom FG1). There was also a USN F-4G back in the 60's that had updated nav suite and ACLS... it only made one war cruise in Vietnam before the jets were converted back to F-4B's and the designation dropped. The USAF, in the late 70's then picked the F-4G designation up for the Wild Weasel V modified F-4E's it was replacing the F-105G Wild Weasel III airframes with.

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

The F-4E has never been a naval variant. For naval variants you want the F-4B, F-4J, F-4N, F-4S or F-4K (Phantom FG1). There was also a USN F-4G back in the 60's that had updated nav suite and ACLS... it only made one war cruise in Vietnam before the jets were converted back to F-4B's and the designation dropped. The USAF, in the late 70's then picked the F-4G designation up for the Wild Weasel V modified F-4E's it was replacing the F-105G Wild Weasel III airframes with.

Ah that's good to know, there are times when the F-4's various variants can be really confusing, but it's good to know, glad to have learned something new! BTW speaking of these, I hope ED can separately make one of those Navalised F-4 variants as AI along with the F-4E which as you said is strictly for the air force

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry: