An early look at the MCG Pro

(Shenzhen, PRC / Norman, Oklahoma, USA / Utrecht, The Netherlands) – May 8, 2017

Modern Combat Grips

In the last Modern Combat Grip announcement, VKB highlighted the three different variants of the MCG currently in development:

- The baseline MCG (14 programmable buttons, 5 analog axes)

- The MCG TM (23 programmable buttons, compatible with Thrustmaster® Warthog™ and Cougar™ bases)

- The MCG Pro (24 programmable buttons, 6 analog axes)

The VKB-Sim MCG Pro

As a reminder, here are the MCG Pro specific highlights:

- Right-hand grip design

- 24 programmable buttons; 6 analog axes

- Compatible with VKB-Sim Gladiator Pro Mk.II, and Gunfighter controllers

- Metal Folding Trigger - Button + Contactless Sensor (axis); programmable

- User-swappable thumb button on grip (either simple push button, or 4-way switch with push); programmable

MCG Pro Production Status:

Initial Mockup Ready for Testing

Here are a few impressions of the MCG Pro mockup attached to the VKB Gladiator Pro Mk.II base, as well as the VKB Gunfighter (with and without extension):

MCG Pro/Gladiator Pro Mk.II Base:

UG7McFE.jpg

PZ0CAhO.jpg

2RDyjeq.jpg

rALcW4l.jpg

MCG Pro/Gunfighter Base:

ppnLZkc.jpg

l8OK0b9.jpg

2zN9Zpz.jpg

MCG Pro/Gunfighter Pro:

DzBvKR8.jpg

tPbsYrZ.jpg

jSvunTu.jpg

iqEN4qc.jpg

The next step in the MCG Pro Production:

Based on this initial MCG mockup, VKB HQ will make a few changes to the following items based on their evaluation and testing:

- Folding trigger shape

- Microstick shape

- Brake lever shape

- Minor adjustments to grip shape

Once these changes have been finalized, VKB HQ will make a final version of the mockup, and, if everything checks out, launches the tooling process to get production underway.

About MCG Compatibility:

VKB HQ is planning a special edition of the MCG - the ‘MCG MG’ with a 5-pin connector. This version will allow backwards compatibility with older generation VKB-Sim controllers, such as:

- Black/Fat Mamba Mk.II / Mk.III

- Vintage Mamba

- Gladiator Pro Mk.I

- KingCobra Mk.IV

Besides having a 5-pin connector, the MCG MG is no different than its 3-pin counterparts:

MCG MG (14 programmable buttons, 5 analog axes) and MCG MG Pro (24 programmable buttons, 6 analog axes).

This solution is still up for discussion at VKB HQ, as there’s another option: instead of offering the MCG MG variant with 5-pin connector built in, an adapter could be made available instead.

Such adapter would allow the 3-pin MCG to be adapted to the aforementioned older controllers. However, an adapter would add around 20mm to the overall height of the MCG grip – which might not be the most desired outcome.

Please share your thoughts on what you would prefer in this dedicated VKB Forum Thread http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=2633.

For more information, please contact:

http://www.VKBcontrollers.com

http://www.flightsimcontrols.com

http://www.VKB-Sim.pro

Edited by rrohde

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

My first thought is that its a pity that, after two years of talking about modularity, VKB decided to cut by half such an incredible ecosystem of devices changing the conector type. And by doing this, making incompatible one half of the ecosystem with the other.

What I would prefer is the adapter option, with a reduced cost or even free as a "thank you" gesture to the people that supported VKB buying the first models.

Edited by Kailorn

I am in the same boat with my Mamba Mk.III (5-pin connector); so what I am going to do is get a MCG MCG Pro for my Mamba, and a MCG Pro for my Gunfighter. That'll work for me.

Also, seeing this actual mockup (rather than a 3D render), is really exciting, at least for me. It's a beast. :)

Edited by rrohde

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

My first thought is that its a pity that, after two years of talking about modularity, VKB decided to cut by half such an incredible ecosystem of devices changing the conector type. And by doing this, making incompatible one half of the ecosystem with the other.

Same boat here with a 5 wires connector. But I don't mind. I know VKB didn't intend to make different connectors at first but that choice was also the result of users feedback: some users managed to break their connectors, so VKB had to find a solution to make it more resilient and easy to mis-use. Thus, the quick-release/fastening connector.

It might also imply improved electronics but I can't recall any details about that.

So, in a way it's unfortunate, but it's also for the best.

In the same way, we might see a MCG Pro Mk.II for some improved drooling :D

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

Can we get some info on what resolution the axis will have ?

Also will the fold trigger basically fold down and then have some range beyond that for a press on that trigger or is it just a foldable axis ?

Also what resolution will the axis in the Hats have and how much dgrees of travel ?

Looks great will upll the trigger on MCG pro and gunfighter pro as soon as its available in europe ! :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

Do you know how the size (length) compares with the Thrustmaster Warthog stick? I am also curious about the hand rest and if it is removable/upgrade-able (thinking of potentially 3D printing a different version of the hand rest that may give more flexibility)

Fridge

----------

Things which do you no good in aviation:

1) Altitude above you;

2) Runway behind you;

3) Fuel in the truck;

4) The airspeed you don't have.

It might also imply improved electronics but I can't recall any details about that.

I think that is digital protocol through 3 wires instead serial through 5 wires, what make production more simple/less costly, maybe help in buttons programming, but doubt that make any effect in 'gameplay'. :joystick:

Also will the fold trigger basically fold down and then have some range beyond that for a press on that trigger or is it just a foldable axis ?

:)

Trigger in upper position, safety =move trigger up for this position press a button, that can be assigned in game e.g. "weapons safety".

Trigger in down position =ready to use.

Trigger pressed back = fire assigned weapon.

Like the real one:

work.018.3.jpg?ndj39e

Edited by Sokol1_br

:thumbup:

keep-calm-and-throw-money-at-the-screen.png.7d5bf722e0c0a6c42584bbe5119eea72.png

Edited by VampireNZ

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This is not working. My money is bouncing off the screen and back at me. Should I be filing a bug report? Or is it my lack of a 4k screen?

Z...

:joystick:

884.png.d35ae0ef1ffaf995abd3a0a74c5cd20c.png

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Darn it I was hoping u had success lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I7 3930 4.2GHz ( Hyperthreading Off), GTX1080, 16 GB ddr3

Hotas Warthog Saiteck Combat Pedals HTC Vive, Oculus CV1.

GTX 1080 Has its uses

twist?

Any news about the twist adapter? Intern or extern? If extern: How much space does it need?

2. You talk about contactless mini-sticks. For my project i neet this! Can you tell me what type you use or is this a secret?

3. Same about the 4 way switches with click. What type is it?

Sorry for my english. Not my native language :drunk:

Any news about the twist adapter? Intern or extern? If extern: How much space does it need?

Early information is that will be a external twist adapter , that will add 2cm in grip high, making unpractical for desktop use.

2. You talk about contactless mini-sticks. For my project i neet this! Can you tell me what type you use or is this a secret?

MaRS sensor (of mini-sticks) use proprietary code and work only with VKB Njoy32 controller, is not option for DIY.

3. Same about the 4 way switches with click. What type is it?

My guess is that is ALPS 4+push switch.

Early information is that will be a external twist adapter , that will add 2cm in grip high, making unpractical for desktop use.

MaRS sensor (of mini-sticks) use proprietary code and work only with VKB Njoy32 controller, is not option for DIY.

My guess is that is ALPS 4+push switch.

Right!