Saitek X55 died

The H.O.T.A.S. just died this evening, i thought something is wrong with Windows

I just recovered the backup i made 2 weeks ago, but the same issue. Is dead :joystick:

The joystick has also some issues with the trigger button

I would like to replace it, anyway, but i'm not sure what to get. I don't want pedals, so the joystick should have z axis

What would you recommend, guys ?

Saitek X56 ? X52 or X52 Pro ??

Yes, i know : Saitek - cheap / poor quality, and i'm thinking about another Saitek product.

There are not so many options, that's why i'd go for Saitek X56, X52 or X52 Pro.

Any advices are welcome, thank you in advance

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

Madcatz, Saitek Owner went to Bankrupcy some months ago. Before that, they sell Saitek to Logitech. So, when you buy a new Saitek HOTAS, check if the box has the Logitech brand on it 'cause probably, quality control is better under Logitech umbrella.

The best choice the CH Pro Throttle + T.16000M joystick IMHO but I don't know how affordable is the CH Throttle in Deutschland.

Good luck.

I agree with Buzzles.

I strongly recommend you to take your Hotas to a guy who does electronics things well. They fix it easily if a chip or similar (a non-repairable component) isn't burn or something. Other than that they can change/replace any component to fix it.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

I agree with Buzzles.

I strongly recommend you to take your Hotas to a guy who does electronics things well. They fix it easily if a chip or similar (a non-repairable component) isn't burn or something. Other than that they can change/replace any component to fix it.

Or, I could sell you one that has hardly been used.

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

I just got ( for testing) the X56, it feels better than X55, so far

But i wonder why isn't possible to use the X55 profile, for x56

They are almost the same

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

Okay, after testing only 7-8 hours, the X56, i have to say : NO

I'll order the Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, and pedals ( not sure which model)

Please tell me, Thrustmaster Warthog owners, how is the quality? How are the joystick buttons? Is the trigger button loud, annoying? Is checked some reviews, the joystick has some "stiction" issues?

What about the HOTAS?

Is it worth to buy it?

Any advices are welcome, thanks again

Curious, why such a quick "no" to the 56?

Callsign: "Milkman"

I7-8700k@4.8--Corsair H115i pro--EVGA FTW3 1080ti--GB Aorus Z370--256GB M.2 SSD--16GB ram--Win10--1000wGold Rate PSU--CV1 Rift--TIR5--X55 HOTAS--TM pedals--TM MFDs--Custom UFC

Please tell me, Thrustmaster Warthog owners, how is the quality? How are the joystick buttons? Is the trigger button loud, annoying? Is checked some reviews, the joystick has some "stiction" issues?

What about the HOTAS?

Is it worth to buy it?

You'll be sorry......The Warthog is crap.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1468856/h...ing-experience

https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDanger...hotas_warthog/

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=60291

I was going to get it, but after extensive research I saw the nightmare I was walking into. I got smart and bought the CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle and Pedals. A year later I havent had any issues and have experienced their great customer service as well.

Win 10 I7 6700K @ 4.0 GHZ. 16 gig memory GTX 1070 SSD

Cheap quality.

I have had my Warthog setup for a bit over 4 years under heavy use until I replaced it. For me it has been very reliable,never had a button or anything else that stopped working. Biggest issue I had was with the stiction,in my unit there was almost no grease inside, what was there was almost tried up. I had to disassemble the stick and apply new grease. There are several how-to's out there and I advice to be very carefully when re assembling it. I snapped some wires in the process which was a real pain to fix.

I advice to also get one of those extensions,I've used a ca. 10cm one since the beginning. It is a must in my opinion. Never had any issues with the Throttle unit.

I can not fully recommend the Stick because of the stiction, go for it only if you are willing to fix it yourself,if necessary. That said,not everyone seems to have the stiction on their unit,seems like a game of hit and miss....

What about the Virpil MongoosT 50?

Already available?

What about the Virpil MongoosT 50?

Already available?

They seem to have issues with quality control from what has been posted in their thread.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Ohhh

Maybe I should wait for VKB MCG Pro?

As I said, i will buy some pedals too, but this joystick looks absolutely amazing, hopefully the quality is good, too

• 2 months later...

My X55 is broken, I can't fly. The problem is with the flight stick. None of the buttons or the POV hats work. As if the contacts were loose. But they're actually not. All the green lights are lit. But the buttons and the hats don't work. They only work when I rotate the rudder axis to the left (??). I've cleaned the contacts of the base and the stick with white spirit, but that didn't help... I can also feel some 'click' when I press the stick hard down into the base.

May be someone could help ?

Edited by ZHeN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ohhh

Maybe I should wait for VKB MCG Pro?

As I said, i will buy some pedals too, but this joystick looks absolutely amazing, hopefully the quality is good, too

There's problems with all of them. I've had CH, Saitek, and TM. The one thing you have to take into consideration is the sensitivity of the TM is better than the other two. I can't comment on the VKB, it looks good but time will tell.

You can search and find problems with any stick on the market. Don't hold yourself back from a TM because of a few bad reviews.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

I already ordered ( it should arrive within the next days) the MongoosT 50

TM WH joystick is way too heavy for me, and although the X55 and x56 are cheap quality, they felt more precise, that's only my opinion, of course

Just curious, have you actually used a TM setup?

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Only the joystick, I still have it, but as I said, I just don't like it

It's way too heavy

What about the HOTAS?

Is it worth to buy it?

Do you fly, and only plan to fly, for now and forever, modern jets?

Then, sure, TMWH is an OK (as in mediocre) choice.

If you have any interest, now or in the future, of flying helos or WW2, then I, too, would agree with others who say that you should just get a VKB over the Warthog. Seriously. It might seem a little pricier in the short run, but throw in the extension which you will eventually find yourself wanting, then it works out.

To answer your question, the WH buttons work. They really felt mushy and low-quality compared to even my (old) X-55, which had nice clicks. However, you eventually will get used to them. And they will almost certainly last a lot longer than any crap from Saitek.

As for stiction, possibly. The gimbal after all is rough plastic dreck. If you invest in an extension, you will not feel it. Even if you have no stiction because you are lucky or you disassemble the base and polish out the plastic and reassemble it, you might find yourself wanting an extension anyway because the stiff springs make you work hard for the precision you want for helos and WW2. But the gimbals in the base themselves are plastic dreck, and there is no getting around it, extension or not. They'll work, and they'll work for a long time unless you are unlucky, and they'll give you good enough precision for everything you want while they work (assuming you have an extension). But they will remain plastic dreck on the inside with complete mixing of x- and y-axes.

Honestly, do both your current and future wiser self a favor and get a VKB.

Edited by Bearfoot

I have had my X- 55 for over 3. Years with no material quality problems.

There are 2 categories of fighter pilots: those who have performed, and those who someday will perform, a magnificent defensive break turn toward a bug on the canopy. Robert Shaw