61 members have voted

1. 1. Padlock enabled - yes or no ?

• Padlock should be enabled
    • Padlock should be turned off
    • Padlock is not realistic
    • Padlock is quite realistic
    • Padlock is cheating

• 1 year later...

Sens I started fly lock On and that was some time ago have not seen one server on HL whit padlock, In my opinion its unrealistic and gives u big help even if u cant see a bandit in a merge u just press the padlock and there he is, is that realistic? :)Even if the pilot can turn his head 360 lol he still need to know where to look, Not like whit padlock.

Teknetinium 2017.jpg
                        51st PVO Discord SATAC YouTube

Sounds like those voted for options 1,3,5 are obviosly against padlock... however, as stated above, the poll is made in a skewed way, splitting up those who are against padlock, making it look like there are less votes there...

IMO, a good judgement would be just a quick look at HL dedi servers, and I can say for certain that most of them have it OFF, and it will stay that way! Otherwise we might as well slap lables and easy radar on, and have a cs like shootdown going around... :P

just my 5 cents on this...

Breakshot_Sig_2.jpg

Tim "Breakshot" Mytrofanov | C.O. of 51 ПВО / 100 КИАП Regiments | twitch.tv/51breakshot

I have homemade TrackIR (Freetrack) and padlock IMO is nice feature. I like to fly with it. Without also but I prefer enabled.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

ok the good old padlock threat

ice you are correct what you mention with the missiles.

padlock in a dogfight is diffrent, you have to see the bandit before you can padlock him, and when he is in your six, you can loose the visual contact to him easily when he stays to long in the dead zone of view.

in real life we have a command that is called padlock too.

and i symbols nothing else then the pilot is unable to take the eyes of the target or he risk using the visual contact

well what ever will happen with the padlock on servers, the guys who have track ir could have an advatage, but do not have too, depends on the pilots

well what ever will happen with the padlock on servers, the guys who have track ir could have an advatage

And the guys with Flight sticks, bigger monitors, comfy chairs, no nagging wives and forward facing feet have advantage over those that don't too, all depends on how serious you take this sim.;)

Padlock is an automated action that the pilot should be doing IMO why give an advantage to the guys that don't have the tools and punish those that have spent good money on their beloved TIR.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

I am not sure either way ... realistic or not ? for me ... i am not sure what key activates it, I just use my POV hat ... trick is in finding the damned missle early enough to be able to even bother trying avoid it.

Mechanical engineers design weapons ... civil engineers design targets.

You can mark the target by joint helmet mounted cueing system and keep in sight. Even target goes your six it'll be marked by +.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core i7-6700K, @5GHz | Asus Maximus Hero VIII | 2 x eVGA GTX 970 SLI | Kingston Predator 16GB DDR4-3000Mhz | 2 x Samsung 850 PRO 240GB RAID-0 | AOC G2460PG G-SYNC LCD | OCULUS RIFT CV1 VR | THRUSTMASTER HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO PEDALS

Something that no one's mentioned. With padlock enabled you have players pressing padlock threat wepon constantly which will allways padlock an incoming missile from any direction. I doubt anyone would call that realistic.

Loool didnt know about that sound like cheating to me.

Peyoteros I wouldn't recommend fly whit padlock, Or at least get used to it, U are not improving ur situation awareness at all while using that.

Teknetinium 2017.jpg
                        51st PVO Discord SATAC YouTube