Japanese and Saudi F-15C?

carss

Can an update contain the F-15C being available for Japan and Saudi Arabia with their respective skins?

As in the new update we are getting Chinese planes like the J-11 along with the release of the Harrier. We also have the Su-27 for the Chinese faction, so a Japanese F-15 is the perfect counter for it.

We also have the new SOH map incoming for which the Saudi F-15C would fit like a glove.

Also, either of the factions could serve as a good red side F-15 operator for certain online servers too...... ;)

F-15J_%28897%29_of_306_Sqn_waits_to_refuel_near_Okinawa%2C_-10_May_2012_a.jpg

normal_2_F-15C_Eagle_Saudi_Arabia_Air_Force_1308.jpg

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

There are already a few Japanese liveries for this aircraft. Not official though, downloadable from the User Files made by GeorgeLKMT I believe.

I wanted to make a Saudi skin by myself just as well, however there is already an existing one but the colors don't fit to me.

Adding a livery to another faction is quite easy. But I doubt ED will spend their time to accomplish that.

There are already a few Japanese liveries for this aircraft. Not official though, downloadable from the User Files made by GeorgeLKMT I believe.

I wanted to make a Saudi skin by myself just as well, however there is already an existing one but the colors don't fit to me.

Adding a livery to another faction is quite easy. But I doubt ED will spend their time to accomplish that.

True, but they're not available for the coalition yet, and to add them to the coalition would mean compromising the integrity, unless it's done officially by ED themselves. And really it takes like few minutes to do, just saying :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

Liveries don't compromise IC if installed properly.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Liveries don't compromise IC if installed properly.

It's not the liveries, its the F-15 being available for Saudi Arabia and Japan. For which you need to alter the db_countries.lua file which will compromise IC, unless it's done by ED in an official update

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

^^ this, and if you start a new mission file in the editor you can choose any of the Neutrals and move to red or blue, there's also a save global check box or some similar worded option that keeps the factions the way you saved for good within the editor

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Modules are like Pokemon you gotta catch 'em all :joystick::lol::pilotfly:

AMD Ryzen7 3700x, G-Skills 32Gb RAM @ 3200Mhz, MSI GTX1080Ti, TM Warthog (20cm extension by Sahaj), MFG Crosswind Pedals, Oculus Rift, Track Ir5

I just checked it and both nations are available.

There is no need to change something in the db_countries.lua it can all be done within the discription.lua of the skin.

It has to be done in both cases. Changing the description will make the skin available to that country, but not the plane, that has to be done via the db_countries file

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 months later...
Hi, carss. Unfortunately, all attempts to change the db_countries lead to the fact that the DCS just does not start(( at least on my comp. Have you tried making changes to this file?

Yes I've done that before, here you can refer to this...... http://www.****************/forums/topic/41108-how-to-add-your-own-list-of-planes-to-new-15-open-beta-countries/

Edited by carss

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]