2/3-Position Switches

Nero.ger

Many thanks

My Hardware: ROG Strix X570-F Gaming - AMD 5600X @ 4.7 ghz - G.SKILL TRIDENT 32GB DDR4 3200 (14-14-14-34 CL) - GigaByte 3080ti OC 12gb - Corsair MP600 Force 1TB - 2 x EVO Nvme 500GB - Virpil Warbird Base T-50CM2 and TM Throttle + Trackhat + G25 + AOC AG271QG 27"

My Modules: JF-17, F-16C, AV-8N/A, F-18C, ASJ37, MiG-15Bis, MiG-21Bis, Fw-190D, Bf-109K, P-51D, F-86F, Ka-50 III, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, NS430, FC3, A-10C, Mirage 2000C, L-39, F-5E-3, SA342, Spitfire, AH-64, Mirage F-1CE.

My Maps: Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria, South Atlantic.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you add 3 way for air break like A10C?

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Can you add 3 way for air break like A10C?

i can give you :

Airbreak ON if you hold the botton, airbreak OFF if you release the button

also added AntiSkid/nws

{down = iCommandPlaneAirBrakeOn,up = iCommandPlaneAirBrakeOff	,			name = _('Airbrake ON else OFF'),			category = _('shortcuts')},
{down = fcs_commands.Switch_ANTISKID, up = fcs_commands.Switch_ANTISKID,cockpit_device_id=devices.FLIGHTCONTROLS,value_down=0.0,value_up=0.5,name='Anti-Skid',category='shortcuts'},

Edited by Nero.ger

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

i can give you :

Airbreak ON if you hold the botton, airbreak OFF if you release the button

also added AntiSkid/nws

{down = iCommandPlaneAirBrakeOn,up = iCommandPlaneAirBrakeOff	,			name = _('Airbrake ON else OFF'),			category = _('shortcuts')},
{down = fcs_commands.Switch_ANTISKID, up = fcs_commands.Switch_ANTISKID,cockpit_device_id=devices.FLIGHTCONTROLS,value_down=0.0,value_up=0.5,name='Anti-Skid',category='shortcuts'},

Thanks!

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Zeus,

Manual release knob in A.C.P. - four position N/T N and T fusing etc.

or if any of you super coders could please whip that one up it would be amazing...

loving the harrier!

Thanks

Edited by Von Thrud
Didn't say please.

System: I7 7700K - Delidded. TT Cooler. 32GB 3000hz Ram, Gigabyte Aorus Ext 1080TI, SSD's, Corsair Gold 850W PSU, Philips 4K 40inch 60hz monitor, Dell 22inch Touch + Helios, Rift S, VKB MCG PRO, TM TPR pedals, TM Warthog throttle with slew mod and twist repair

Zeus,

Manual release knob in A.C.P. - four position N/T N and T fusing etc.

or if any of you super coders could please whip that one up it would be amazing...

loving the harrier!

Thanks

{down = smc_commands.Knob_Bomb_Fuze,  cockpit_device_id = devices.SMC, value_down = 0.0, name = _('Manual Release Control NORM'), category = _('Armament Control')},
{down = smc_commands.Knob_Bomb_Fuze,  cockpit_device_id = devices.SMC, value_down = 0.33, name = _('Manual Release Control N/T'), category = _('Armament Control')},
{down = smc_commands.Knob_Bomb_Fuze,  cockpit_device_id = devices.SMC, value_down = 0.66, name = _('Manual Release Control N'), category = _('Armament Control')},
{down = smc_commands.Knob_Bomb_Fuze,  cockpit_device_id = devices.SMC, value_down = 0.99, name = _('Manual Release Control T'), category = _('Armament Control')},

Awesome thanks Vladinsky!

System: I7 7700K - Delidded. TT Cooler. 32GB 3000hz Ram, Gigabyte Aorus Ext 1080TI, SSD's, Corsair Gold 850W PSU, Philips 4K 40inch 60hz monitor, Dell 22inch Touch + Helios, Rift S, VKB MCG PRO, TM TPR pedals, TM Warthog throttle with slew mod and twist repair

When you are finished getting all the abstractions you need, I will include them in the default.lua

That's awesome Zeus, a prompt reply with an earnest desire to help the community! Love it!

My one thought, and not to take away from the simpit builders who want all the rotary switches et al, is that incorporating everything possible under the sun into one lua will make a larger, and possibly daunting keybind file, for the newbies. I use some 3 pos. abstractions myself, so I'm sympathetic, but...

I think if ED could do anything for us, or maybe it's something the module developers did in terms of packing their kit, would be to not overwrite existing input .luas with every patch. Most people will customize their keybinds because it is entirely dependent on their peripherals and preferences, and if clear guides are available about how to build a custom keybind, it's not a big deal, and then would just be happiest not having to revisist them weekly. This can be accomplished by having every abstraction represented in the default lua, or.....just not over-writing them, or having them exist in the user's saved games folder instead of maintaining them in the game version folder so the customizations stick. I'm sure there is a good solution out there :)

Still, in lieu of another solution, a comprehensive default .lua will be an improvement for the Harrier. One less module to have to copypasta for, after a patch.

P.S. Maybe the best option of all would be to include all the possibilities into one lua, but comment out the more custom options, so people could easily activate the ones they want. And, of course, still not overwriting it :)

Edited by smallberries

I will include the abstractions in a separate lua file.

The simpit builders will only have to uncomment a do_file instruction in default.lua

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

I wanted to bind the AA modes to the boat switch on the Warthog throttle. For anyone else who wants to do the same, here's the relevant code to insert into the Joystick default.lua:

{down = iCommandPlane_HOTAS_BoatSwitchForward, up = iCommandPlane_HOTAS_BoatSwitchCenter, cockpit_device_id = devices.HOTAS, value_down = 1, value_up = 1, name = _('A/A MODE FWD/GUN THREE POSITION'), category = { _('Toggle Switches'), _('HOTAS')}},
{down = iCommandPlane_HOTAS_BoatSwitchAft, up = iCommandPlane_HOTAS_BoatSwitchCenter, cockpit_device_id = devices.HOTAS, value_down = 1, value_up = 1, name = _('A/A MODE AFT/GUN THREE POSITION'), category = { _('Toggle Switches'), _('HOTAS')}},

I will include the abstractions in a separate lua file.

The simpit builders will only have to uncomment a do_file instruction in default.lua

Hey Zeus , most of these switch commands are really necessary for any module , you also added them to the M2000C , please don`t make it so one must fiddle with .lua files every update.

I`m not asking for automatic assignment for my Warthog like in the A10C , just to make life easier a bit.

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i agree with T_A, the abstractions are nessessary for any Warthog stick user. Everytjhing is neat and tidy in seperat Sections, so i dont get why it cant be in the standart LUA. if you dont have a Pit or stick with Toggl switches, just dont look into the Abstractions Section.

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

How can I get a simple "Flaps Auto" key command? I appreciate all the effort and work that's gone into this, but it doesn't help if I don't have a toggle switch.

For versatility sake shouldn't there be a key press for every switch option?

Edited by SGT Coyle

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

took me a while to rialize there is indeed no Flaps auto in the default.lua

quick and untested(because the misses is here...):

{down=fcs_commands.Switch_FLAP_SELECT,cockpit_device_id=devices.VREST,value_down=0.5,name='flaps auto',category='shortcuts'},

I request these lines be added as well, I now have the Master Modes on the Boat Switch, with AG forward, VSTOL backward, and NAV mode in the middle.

{down = iCommandHelicopter_PPR_button_T, up = iCommandHelicopter_PPR_button_K, cockpit_device_id = devices.HOTAS, value_down = 1, value_up = 1, name = _('Master Mode AG/NAV THREE POSITION'), category = { _('Toggle Switches'), _('HOTAS')}},
{down = iCommandHelicopter_PPR_button_H, up = iCommandHelicopter_PPR_button_K, cockpit_device_id = devices.HOTAS, value_down = 1, value_up = 1, name = _('Master Mode VSTOL/NAV THREE POSITION'), category = { _('Toggle Switches'), _('HOTAS')}},

i7 6700K @ 4.6, GTX1070, 32GB DDR4 @ 3200

TM Warthog on Monstertech, TrackIR5, Lenovo Explorer, MFG Crosswind.

How are you guys coming up with this code?

Nero.ger,

Your code works, Thanks

if you look at DCS files long enough they reaveal thier secrit :) or in other words " i like lines of code"