2/3-Position Switches

Nero.ger

Hey guys,

I don't know if it's whos dumb or it is just very complicated. I know it is a Harrier thread but I am trying to get some swticehs working on the f-5. I have read the whole thread and compared the cilckabledata.lua file of the f-5 with whats on this thread and it just seems so different and I can'T understand how to get me switches to work :(

Is someone able to give me a guideline on how the f-5 2/3 way switches work? No infos is available out here :/

regards

Billy

They work basically the same way. You need an up and down action for 2 position switch and two up and one down action for a 3 position one.

Look for a similar thread under F-5 section. I'm sure it's there, if not start it. It would help to write which keys are you interested in.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for the reply firmek.

I am looking to get both external central tank switch and pylon ext tank switches which are 2 ways.

I've read what to had like the up down position switch but I am not sure where to had the line. like this one:

{down = hud_commands.RejectSwitch, up = hud_commands.RejectSwitch, cockpit_device_id = devices.HUDCONTROL, value_down = 1, value_ up = 0.5, name = _('COMMAND NAME 1'), category = { _('CATEGORY NAME 1'), _('CATEGORY NAME 2')}},

Here is the paragraph which contains the 2 ways witches in the clickabledata.luda file from the f-5e I think I need to modify:

elements["PTR-CVR-LVP-SHOOTOFF-L-359"] = default_red_cover(_("Left Fuel Shutoff Switch Cover, OPEN/CLOSED"), devices.FUEL_INTERFACE, fuel_commands.FuelShutoffCover_Left, 359)

elements["PTR-TMB-LVP-SHOOTOFF-L-360"] = default_2_position_tumb2(_("Left Fuel Shutoff Switch, OPEN/CLOSED"), devices.FUEL_INTERFACE, fuel_commands.FuelShutoff_Left, 360)

elements["PTR-CVR-LVP-SHOOTOFF-R-361"] = default_red_cover(_("Right Fuel Shutoff Switch Cover, OPEN/CLOSED"), devices.FUEL_INTERFACE, fuel_commands.FuelShutoffCover_Right, 361)

elements["PTR-TMB-LVP-SHOOTOFF-R-362"] = default_2_position_tumb2(_("Right Fuel Shutoff Switch, OPEN/CLOSED"), devices.FUEL_INTERFACE, fuel_commands.FuelShutoff_Right, 362)

elements["PTR-TMB-VRP-FUEL-TRANS-FUZ-377"] = default_2_position_tumb2(_("Ext Fuel Cl Switch, ON/OFF"), devices.FUEL_INTERFACE, fuel_commands.ExtFuelTransfer_Cl, 377)

elements["PTR-TMB-VRP-FUEL-TRANS-PYL-378"] = default_2_position_tumb2(_("Ext Fuel Pylons Switch, ON/OFF"), devices.FUEL_INTERFACE, fuel_commands.ExtFuelTransfer_Pylon, 378)

elements["PTR-TMB-VRP-LFT-BOOST-380"] = default_2_position_tumb(_("Left Boost Pump Switch, ON/OFF"), devices.FUEL_INTERFACE, fuel_commands.FuelBoostPump_Left, 380, 9.6)

elements["PTR-TMB-VRP-CRSS-BOOST-381"] = default_2_position_tumb2(_("Crossfeed Switch, OPEN/CLOSED"), devices.FUEL_INTERFACE, fuel_commands.FuelCrossfeed, 381)

elements["PTR-TMB-VRP-RGT-BOOST-382"] = default_2_position_tumb(_("Right Boost Pump Switch, ON/OFF"), devices.FUEL_INTERFACE, fuel_commands.FuelBoostPump_Right, 382, 9.6)

elements["PTR-TMB-VRP-AUTO-BAL-383"] = springloaded_3_pos_tumb(_("Autobalance Switch, LEFT/NEUT/RIGHT"), devices.FUEL_INTERFACE, fuel_commands.FuelAutoLeft, fuel_commands.FuelAutoRight, 383)

Pls, can somebody make a toggle 2/3 Pos switch for the MiG-15:

landinggear, the lockswitch and for the flaps

Pls, pls, pls

(without target)

Flaps is a 4 position switch - not much use of it, you'll have to stay with keys for moving the lever up and down. On top of that, for most of the switches MiG-15 doesn't have a separate on/off action - just toggle.

Anyway, I'll share the .lua later on - though for the reason above the bindings don't work fully correct.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

• 3 weeks later...

I have the 2/3 positions working in 1.5, but they don't seem to "take" in 2.5. Anybody else experienced this or know what I might be missing?

thanks in advance

~Thump.

Computer Specs:

i7-6700K@4.00GHz, 32GB, 850 EVO 1TB, GTX 1080 Ti, Samsung Odyssey VR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

as far as i know, there is no difference in the input files between 1.5.8 and 2.5.

mind you i never use one of the mod managers

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

dunno, works for me.

If you describe what you do, we can tell what you do WRONG ;)

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

Thanks for the feedback, first step is to determine if it is a bug in the game or in my implementation and now that one is solved. It's me and now I get to control when it is fixed.

Thank you also for the offer to tell me where I went WRONG, so below is what I have done.

For DCS v1.5.8:

I placed the lua snippet found below at the top of the default.lua found at the following location

H:\Games\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\AV8BNA\Input\AV8BNA\joystick

For DCS v2.5:

I placed the same lua snippit found below at the top of the default.lua found at the following location

H:\Games\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\AV8BNA\Input\AV8BNA\joystick

In v1.5.8, all 2/3 switches work as expected, with v2.5, all 2/3 switches do nothing.

Any and all help/feedback is appreciated.

-- 2/3 Position Switch Setup
{down=fcs_commands.Switch_FLAP_SELECT,up=fcs_commands.Switch_FLAP_SELECT,cockpit_device_id=devices.VREST,value_down=1.0,value_up=0.5,name='flaps cruse else auto',category='Shortcuts'},
{down=fcs_commands.Switch_FLAP_SELECT,up=fcs_commands.Switch_FLAP_SELECT,cockpit_device_id=devices.VREST,value_down=0.0,value_up=0.5,name='flaps vstol else auto',category='Shortcuts'},
{down=engine_commands.Switch_H20,up=engine_commands.Switch_H20,cockpit_device_id=devices.DECS,value_down=1.0,value_up=0.5,name='Water TO else OFF',category='Shortcuts'},
{down=engine_commands.Switch_H20,up=engine_commands.Switch_H20,cockpit_device_id=devices.DECS,value_down=0.0,value_up=0.5,name='Water LN else OFF',category='Shortcuts'},
{down=ext_light_commands.Switch_EXT_LT_NORM_NVG,up=ext_light_commands.Switch_EXT_LT_NORM_NVG,cockpit_device_id=devices.LTEXT,value_down=1.0,value_up=0.5,name='Exterior Lights ON else NVG',category='Shortcuts'},
{down=ext_light_commands.Switch_EXT_LT_NORM_NVG,up=ext_light_commands.Switch_EXT_LT_NORM_NVG,cockpit_device_id=devices.LTEXT,value_down=0.0,value_up=0.5,name='Exterior Lights OFF else NVG',category='Shortcuts'},
{down=engine_commands.Switch_FUEL_PRESS,up=engine_commands.Switch_FUEL_PRESS,cockpit_device_id=devices.DECS,value_down=1.0,value_up=0.0,name='Refuel Probe ON else OFF',category='Shortcuts'},

~Thump.

Computer Specs:

i7-6700K@4.00GHz, 32GB, 850 EVO 1TB, GTX 1080 Ti, Samsung Odyssey VR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi

Weren't these toggle switches supposed to be integrated in one of the Harrier updates? I honestly think Zeus or someone said it would.

It's just that every time there's an update I have to recover my lua file because DCS restores the default controls.

"The natural function of the wing is to soar upwards and carry that which is heavy up to the place where dwells the race of gods.

More than any other thing that pertains to the body it partakes of the nature of the divine." — Plato, Phaedrus.

• 3 weeks later...
Guys, any solution for the ECM knob? At least for the positions RCV and ECM.

I use the clickabledata.lua to get the commands.

How do you wish to control it?

If you're using a single toggle switch, this will set it to RPT when the switch is on and RCV when your switch is off.

{down = 3275, up = 3275, cockpit_device_id = 29, value_down = 1, value_up = .75,              name = _('Jammer RPT/RCV'),    category = _('ECM')},

And if you want a command for each position you can use this.

{down = 3275, cockpit_device_id = 29, value_down = 1,                name = _('Jammer RPT'),    category = _('ECM')},
{down = 3275, cockpit_device_id = 29, value_down = .75,              name = _('Jammer RCV'),    category = _('ECM')},

Well, although your recommendation worked successfully in the past, after the 2.5.1 update it doesn't work. Any idea?

My Hardware: ROG Strix X570-F Gaming - AMD 5600X @ 4.7 ghz - G.SKILL TRIDENT 32GB DDR4 3200 (14-14-14-34 CL) - GigaByte 3080ti OC 12gb - Corsair MP600 Force 1TB - 2 x EVO Nvme 500GB - Virpil Warbird Base T-50CM2 and TM Throttle + Trackhat + G25 + AOC AG271QG 27"

My Modules: JF-17, F-16C, AV-8N/A, F-18C, ASJ37, MiG-15Bis, MiG-21Bis, Fw-190D, Bf-109K, P-51D, F-86F, Ka-50 III, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, NS430, FC3, A-10C, Mirage 2000C, L-39, F-5E-3, SA342, Spitfire, AH-64, Mirage F-1CE.

My Maps: Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria, South Atlantic.

When you are finished getting all the abstractions you need, I will include them in the default.lua

Can we please get these into the next available update? They're actually quite important! This mod is a life saver, but it gets old having to replace the files every update. Especially now when it looks like there are tons of updates coming. Keep up the good work!

Thanks.

Edited by sideshow

can we please get the 3-pos switch configs into the module? Have to edit .lua on every update is tiresome :)

Can we please get these into the next available update? They're actually quite important! This mod is a life saver, but it gets old having to replace the files every update. Especially now when it looks like there are tons of updates coming. Keep up the good work!

Thanks.

Have a look at these and you wont have to replace anything every update.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98607

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=171956&highlight=ovgme

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.

Plato

Isnt that besides the point, if we have a working solution for this, why can it not be implemented asap. Seems there has been a few updates since the files were posted.

Maybe there is an issue we are not aware of?

i am not sure how this Modmanager works. but if its just replacing the file with your mod you run into trouble when Razbam changes something in thier input files

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

Isnt that besides the point, if we have a working solution for this, why can it not be implemented asap. Seems there has been a few updates since the files were posted.

Maybe there is an issue we are not aware of?

If there was a working solution, I'm sure it would have been implemented. In the meantime I was pointing out an alternative

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.

Plato

I can´t understand why these toggle switches can't be implemented. It's a simples text inserted into the lua file.

Right now, without these optional lines there's no button, key or switch option for the NWS/Anti-Skid toggle, for example.

"The natural function of the wing is to soar upwards and carry that which is heavy up to the place where dwells the race of gods.

More than any other thing that pertains to the body it partakes of the nature of the divine." — Plato, Phaedrus.