Can't map cargo view to the controller using the GUI

rge75

I wanted to map the cargo view to my Pro Control Puma controller on the settings screen but I can't click/mark the cell (marked yellow in the screenshot). Neither double click nor add button are working - using DCS1.5.7.11762

It works with no problem for the other commands or for the Mi-8 (I was able to map the button there).

I tried to manually add it to the lua file but I don't know the correct entry because it's another "code/ID" in the Mi-8 than in the Huey.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3310887&postcount=13

controlls.thumb.JPG.9c610ddb4573a20777e4c7f811d9ae45.JPG

• 8 months later...
This is still an issue, the keybind can be remaped for the keyboard but not any of my other controls. I even deleted the entire config folder and let it rebuild itself and yet the same issue is still there. Can we get this fixed in an upcoming patch Belsim?
See post #28 her:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3530373

That is mainly about the removed cargo cam, but my MOD also contains code for the cargo view joystick assignment.

Its a good idea to compare the files in that MOD with the original ones (recommending Notepad++ with the comparison addon). There might have been some changes since I posted it, obviously not present in the MOD. I think you will understand what parts are part of the MOD. I'm not at home so I can't post my present version.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Ok I'll try that out, thanks. I still hope Belsim can add the option by default though.

Indeed, I have a hard time understanding why several small things never seems to get fixed. Yes, they are small, but it would take one developer less than five minutes in total to correct most of them.

Unfortunately I can't seem to get that mod to work. I have added the lines but still the fields are blocked.

Those lines are about the cargo cam. The cargo view is in the OvGME ready zip file. But I remember now that the cargo view is an easy fix:

Go into the original joystick 'default.lua' (with or without the modifications you already made, up to you) and look at the last few lines. There is the line for cargo view assignment, but it is misplaced. You need to move it to within the key section together with the other ones. Doesn't really matter where, sa long as it's within the key section.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

So I moved that line and I still can't assign it to any of my controls. I tried moving it to a few different locations in tha lau with no success. Still thanks for the help anyway. Also i'm on the Steam version if that makes any difference.
Strange, I have it mapped with that modification. Have you tried the file in the zip in my previous post?

What software do you use to edit the file?

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Ok so I copy pasted your zip Joystick default lua and now I can bind the key to my throttle but not my warthog stick. They are different brand devices, the throttle is from an X52.

Edit: I also added the keyboard lau and now I can assign the cargo cam to my throttle and my CH pedals but still not to my TM Warthog lol.

Edited by NeMoGas

TM Warthog

Here is the problem!

Some controllers have their own "default.lua" in the same folder, but named with self-explanatory names.

To be sure you get everything right, do this:

(don't get overwhelmed by the length, I have tried to be as clear as possible)

1) restore the original default.lua files you changed previously, all of them.

2) install Notepad++, and I believe you are asked if you want to install some add-on package, do that. If not there is an installer for the add-ons on their website. The reason you should do this is because ordinary Notepad from Microsoft might "secretly" do things with the file you edit that DCS don't like (I don't remember exactly what). Always use Notepad++ for this kind of editing. I would actually say Notepad++ is the softwares I use the most together with my Firefox, a really useful tool.

3) open the original default.lua in the joystick folder with NP++

4) open its corresponding version from the zip into the same instance of NP++.

5) if you installed the add-ons, hit LAlt+D. Now the files are compared and any differences are highlighted. Hopefully it's only 1-3 lines (not counting empty ones)

6) look at every highlighted line. As you might have seen earlier, you can see what command it is in the end of each line. If the only differences are about the cargo view and cargo cam, you can safely use the file from the zip and go to 13). If there are other differences, please continue.

7) hit LCtrl+LAlt+D. Comparison mode is now terminated.

8) go to the file from the zip, an search for "cargo view". Note on the left side what line number it is located (it's a small headline above it too, not important though)

9) in the original defaul.lua, cut out the cargo view line(s) in the end and paste it at the same location as in the zip version. Don't overwrite anything, push downward.

10) go to the zip version again. Search for "cargo cam". Copy the entire line and note what line number it has.

11) go to the same line number in the original file and paste the cargo cam code there. Of course, don't overwrite anything.

12) Save and close the modified original file.

13) still in the joystick folder, open the lua named something with "TM Warthog" or the like.

14) repeat 8) to 12). Line numbers might not be exactly the same in the TM Warthog file though.

15) save and close both files.

16) repeat 3) to 12) for the keyboard default.lua, except 8) and 9) (the cargo view line is already located correctly)

Now you are done!

(Any editing in joystick default.lua needs to be done in the corresponding TM Warthog file)

Of course I recommend to use OvGME or JSGME for this MOD.

Edited by Holton181

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Awesome it worked! Took me a little while to understand but it's finally working. When looking at the Warthog lua in notepad it is in a completely different format not neatly arranged line by line. In notepad++ it is nice and neat like the default.lua appears in notepad. Thanks for the help, and also for the recommendation of notepad++.

[...]open the lua named something with "TM Warthog" or the like.

[...]

Thank you! That was exactly what I was looking for! Was always wondering why I couldn't use my throttle for this...

• Like 1

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance
"Nun siegt mal schön!" - Theodor Heuss, September 1958

"Nobody has any intention of building a wall." - Walter Ulbricht, June 1961
"Russia has no plans to invade either Ukraine or any other country.
" - Vladimir Chizhov, Russia's ambassador to the EU, January 2022

• 4 years later...