VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

@Brun Assuming VA runs correctly as admin and your Windows account has sufficient UAC admin rights, this may be a problem with your export.lua. Try deleting it and restart VA.

If issues remain inspect DCS.log for clues and disable other apps as required to test. PM me if you need additional help.

@Mojo By editing the VA profile you should be able to easily add a spacebar Keypress to the TX3 Press command. Have a look and let me know how it goes.

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

Thanks Hollywood. I'm definitely running VA as admin, will look into your other suggestions and drop you a line if necessary.

Asus Z690 Hero | 12900K | 64GB G.Skill 6000 | 4090FE | Reverb G2 | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 + TM Grips  | Winwing Orion2 Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals

Unable to open Config window left control+left alt+c do not work

Do not have the files you say will appear in the VA apps file.

I have the Documentation , the Eula.text and the Viacom.dll

So I can not import the profile you mention.

I have bought the license but can not use it.

Thanks

Updated post #471 to reflect the complete set of exposed variables, i.e.:

{TXT:vaicompro.playerdata.currentmodule.name} - this string contains the active module name e.g. 'UH-1H' or 'A-10C'

{TXT:vaicompro.playerdata.currentmodule.cat} - this string contains the active module category, value is either 'Helicopters' or 'Planes'

{TXT:vaicompro.serverdata.currentserver.dcsversion} - string containing DCS version number

{BOOL:vaicompro.serverdata.currentserver.vrmode} - value True or False

{BOOL:vaicompro.serverdata.currentserver.easycomms} - value True or False

{BOOL:vaicompro.serverdata.currentserver.multiplayer} - value True or False

Does this no longer work....??? :cry:

My Rig: Windows 11 Pro, Intel i7-13700k@5.4GHz, 64GB DDR5 5200 RAM, Gigabyte Z790 AORUS Elite AX, 1TB Samsung EVO 970, RTX4080, Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG + Saitek Pro Flight Pedals, LG 32" 4K 60FPS, ACER 30" 4K 60FPS GSync Display, HP Reverb G2 V2

@hipp55 VoiceAttack must be running as administrator and VA Plugin Support must be enabled. Check the Install Notes.

@Quax Works fine here. Can you check again and if you have a specific issue send me a PM thanks.

Well no joy.....

Hollywood.....maybe you could explain a little bit more detailed how to use it....

I made it like you wrote and just tried to write the active module in the logs....

But it says nothing.....like I think my VAICOM does definitly recognize in which module I'm in.....

EDIT: have found, and thats propably the reason why it had not worked on my side, that you need to push one of the radio buttons just to refresh the module! Correct?

Edited by Quax456

My Rig: Windows 11 Pro, Intel i7-13700k@5.4GHz, 64GB DDR5 5200 RAM, Gigabyte Z790 AORUS Elite AX, 1TB Samsung EVO 970, RTX4080, Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG + Saitek Pro Flight Pedals, LG 32" 4K 60FPS, ACER 30" 4K 60FPS GSync Display, HP Reverb G2 V2

@Quax OK sure. So here's the summary

• You can add as many of your own voice commands to the VA profile as you like, e.g. to raise/lower the gear and other non-comms stuff.
  • VAICOM PRO's exposed variables are there to, if you want, make your own added voice commands act differently depending on the active module, easy comms mode, dcs version,..
  • You need to use a TX node for PTT when you use your added voice commands. This will make sure the variables are synchronized. TX6 (AUX) is recommended.

• To test with this, edit the VA profile and add a new logwrite (Other-> Advanced-> Write a Value to the Event Log) to the TX6 Press command.
  • In the value field paste the complete token name including the brackets e.g. {TXT:vaicompro.serverdata.currentserver.dcsversion}.
  • Now, with a DCS mission running, if you press the TX6 key you will see an entry popping up in the log with value '2.5.0' or '2.5.2'.

• You can proceed from there to add your own advanced commands in VA using Conditonial Blocks ('If {TXT:vaicompro.playerdata.currentmodule.name} equals A-10C',.. etc.).

Hope this is helpful.

@rephiled Which profile are you trying to import? PM inbound.

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

@rephiled There is no F-18 specific profile for VAICOM PRO.

You need to import the 'VAICOM PRO for DCS World.vap' profile as explained in the installation instructions.

The plugin uses only this single profile that covers all DCS modules including the FA-18C.

Can you check again the instructions in the manual and refer to my PM if you need more help.

Grtz

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

Well no joy.

Running as admin and checked Enable Plugin also restart

this is log

9:52:39 AM - Sonic Studio app detected. This may cause conflicts with VoiceAttack. This warning can be turned off via the Options screen.

9:52:32 AM - Plugin 'VAICOM PRO 2.5' initialized.

9:52:32 AM - Problems were reported during initialization.

9:52:32 AM - Initializing..

9:52:32 AM - Press LCtrl+LAlt+C for config.

9:52:32 AM - VAICOM PRO for DCS World. License: FREE

9:52:32 AM - Plugin support enabled.

@Quax OK sure. So here's the summary

• You can add as many of your own voice commands to the VA profile as you like, e.g. to raise/lower the gear and other non-comms stuff.
  • VAICOM PRO's exposed variables are there to, if you want, make your own added voice commands act differently depending on the active module, easy comms mode, dcs version,..
  • You need to use a TX node for PTT when you use your added voice commands. This will make sure the variables are synchronized. TX6 (AUX) is recommended.
  • To test with this, edit the VA profile and add a new logwrite (Other-> Advanced-> Write a Value to the Event Log) to the TX6 Press command.
  • In the value field paste the complete token name including the brackets e.g. {TXT:vaicompro.serverdata.currentserver.dcsversion}.
  • Now, with a DCS mission running, if you press the TX6 key you will see an entry popping up in the log with value '2.5.0' or '2.5.2'.
  • You can proceed from there to add your own advanced commands in VA using Conditonial Blocks ('If {TXT:vaicompro.playerdata.currentmodule.name} equals A-10C',.. etc.).

Hope this is helpful.

@rephiled Which profile are you trying to import? PM inbound.

Well, yes I found now.... :doh:

You are expecting that I will do some Radio commands with this variables!

But I use it to Custom one of my Coolies for the Combat Modes within e.g. a Su-27.....

These modes are 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8

For the Su25 are only 1,6,7,8

So now can push through these cycles up and down....my problem in the past was allways to know in which module I am....

Hollwood...thanks a lot....works like a charm

My VAICOM isn't working properly. I have two issues

Firstly, VAICOM seems to be locking my COMM1 and 2 buttons in the Hornet depending on which PTT channel I'm talking through. So for instance, if i use the PTT that's bound to COMM1, then both my hotkeys for COMM1 and COMM2 will point to COMM1, and vice versa for COMM2.

Second, whenever I speak a command, VoiceAttack detects the command and seems to push it to the game. However the game does not immediately acknowledge the command and execute it. Rather I have to press my hotkey for COMM1 or COMM2 (depending on which channel I spoke on) in game, and after I press that hotkey the command is fully received and I can see it being carried out in game, but only after pressing the button.

I've already tried the manual file management as outlined in the FAQ section of VAICOM to no avail, so I'm open to some pointers, here.

Hi Hollywood,

I am currently playing throught the A-10C The Enemy Within Campaign and im having an issue with Vaicom and the radio setup used in the campaign, it all works if you trigger the radios manually.

On a number of missions you wingmen are on a custom FM radio channel rather than the typical 251 UHF, they use the Set Frequency Command in the mission editor.

Vaicom doesnt appear to be able to detect this (I use Map multi to single, TX2 and Operate Dial settings) and attempts to communicate with the wingmen on UHF meaning that comms always fail.

Other than manually sellecting the required radio - I use multi to single to save buttons - is there a work around you could think of?

Thanks,

Barry

I found this in the log after latest update

2018-06-30 12:25:35.051 ERROR   Lua::Config: Call error LuaExportStart:<LUA_TTABLE>
stack traceback:
[C]: ?
[C]: in function 'try'
[string "C:\Users\\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\VAICOMPRO\VAICOMPRO.export.lua"]:50: in function 'Start'
[string "C:\Users\\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\VAICOMPRO\VAICOMPRO.export.lua"]:187: in function 'PrevLuaExportStart'
[string "C:\Users\\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts/TacviewGameExport.lua"]:47: in function 'OtherLuaExportStart'
[string "C:\Users\\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\VAICOMPRO\VAICOMPRO.export.lua"]:189: in function <[string "C:\Users\\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\VAICOMPRO\VAICOMPRO.export.lua"]:186>.

Not sure if it does any harm, the plugin works.

The Harrier radios are still mapped inverted. This means that if you have the same "Radio 1" hotkey set in SRS and VAICOM, when the key is pressed, the former activates COMM 1 while the latter activates COMM 2. To make this function as intended, I would have to change my bindings in way that breaks it for every other aircraft. Not ideal.

PUzvcON.jpg

Somebody 5 months ago said this was an issue with RAZBAMs iffy radio implementation. Considering we could be waiting untill the end of time for a fix on their end, Is there anything you (or I) can do in the mapping logic to account for this fringe case?

Thanks,

Edited by Ich Dien

I have a second profile for the Harrier. Copy the default profile, swap tx1 and tx2 around. Just remember to restart VoiceAttack any time you switch between the profiles so that the plugin reloads, and you’re good to go.

Still a bit of a fiddle-faff, but it keeps things consistent button-wise.

(JTF-1) Yomo | 55th FS

JTF-1 Discord

Asus Prime Z370 MB // Intel i7 8086k @ 5GHz // 32GB DDR4 3200 // RTX 2080ti // Virpil FSSB3 Lighting, Cougar Throttle with USB mod, T-50 Base + Warthog HOTAS, custom collective // Thrustmaster TPR // Vipergear v2 ICP // 3xCougar MFDs // a bunch of DIY Button Boxes // Oculus Rift

Hey Nanny

Interesting, never heard that one before. Let's see what we can find out.

The log looks just fine except that the line Current profile string does not match database

suggests you need to update your VA profile by following the FINISH steps in the editor.

Probably unrelated but can you do that first and then test again.

I'll catch you on PM with a few more questions.

Grtz

Hi Hollywood!

Getting back to this one - the server is now back to the Caucasus map and... now it all works - dunno why. I did another repair of DCS, but it didn't really do anything. I don't know whether it is related.

Thanks for your help, still!

I have another question now. Is it normal that the Vaicom PTT activates SRS PTT?

P.S.: Could it be because I had the "in cockpit PTT activates SRS PTT" option activated?

Edited by TheNanny
Added P.S.: Think I know what happened.

@SilentGunner13 You may want to check and clear some of your keybinds in DCS config.

@Sanatog Not sure about that one, have you tried to call 'Flight,.. Select' ? Check if the frequency/radio changes.

If there are more than one freq/mod associated with a recipient it may pick the default.

@mdee Doesn't look too happy, but if all works fine then no worries.

@Tricky It should work with easy comms on or off, no special setting needed.

You can check on the PTT page if the setting is correctly recognized and try with a different MP server to test.

@Nanny Thanks for updating. Re: SRS Yes could be that setting, perhaps test a bit more with that.

@IchDien @rb05033 I'll see what I can do with that one on a next update i.e. 2.5.4.

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

Thanks for the reply Hollywood. Yeah im not sure what i am doing wrong. It seems with Viacom running i could not even get the coms menu up on screen on the 104th server using the keyboard but if i turned off Viacom and went back in the server i could call up the coms menu with the keyboard? I have not disabled the menu in viacom?

Hi Hollywood, I just tried with manual select and using Instant Select both with the same result the wingman cant hear you.

I also just tried recreating the issue in the editor with the same results. Drop in 2 aircraft use perform command, Set Frequncy, change to 31 HMz FM and jump into the pit. Again the wingman can only hear orders if you use the FM PTT, Multi to single doesn't work.

I have VAICOM PRO 2.5.3 running in debug mode and everything looks good. VA recognizes my voice commands and my PTT buttons on HOTAS and keyboard seem to be working. However, in game, DCS is not recognizing anything and it is not working. I have the Steam version of VA and the non-steam version of DCS open beta. Both are installed to my D:

I did the manual export of lua files per the manual...what am I possibly missing?

Stupid question...do the radios in game have to be on and set to proper frequency to work? I notice in the F-18, even before I installed VA and VAICOM plug-in, I had issues communicating with ATC and at times wingmen. In other words, If I'm cold and dark on the ramp and try to communicate with the ground crew, or ATC, is it not going to work becaue I'm not powered up and configured yet? I've tried to test this by starting from the ramp, the runway and in the air and it makes no difference.

Edited by Jarhead0331