VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

@Arakahn Great stuff! +rep inbound. Obviously this will be permafixed in plugin 2.5.4 version.

@Sanatog To test it will be interesting to check if with these missions there's a difference in behaviour between calling a specific recipient unit e.g. 'Chalice,...Request Picture' vs. e.g. just 'Request Picture' which reverts to the default/selected recipient unit in the category.

@Bucks Haven't seen that before but perhaps others have, your Windows Application log may shed some light.

@mobua The plugin gets the DCS install path from Windows registry. If you installed DCS on C: orginally and then later moved it to another drive manually you can get this situation. You can do one of these things

1) change the registry entry to the correct install path

2) put the folder path where you placed DCS in the Include Custom Path field in the plugin config window e.g. 'G:/Games/'

3) install lua files manually (p33).

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

@Arakahn Great stuff! +rep inbound. Obviously this will be permafixed in plugin 2.5.4 version.

@Sanatog To test it will be interesting to check if with these missions there's a difference in behaviour between calling a specific recipient unit e.g. 'Chalice,...Request Picture' vs. e.g. just 'Request Picture' which reverts to the default/selected recipient unit in the category.

@Bucks Haven't seen that before but perhaps others have, your Windows Application log may shed some light.

@mobua The plugin gets the DCS install path from Windows registry. If you installed DCS on C: orginally and then later moved it to another drive manually you can get this situation. You can do one of these things

2) put the folder path where you placed DCS in the Include Custom Path field in the plugin config window e.g. 'G:/Games/'

Thank you @Hollywood_315, this fixed it for me. Had relocated my dcs install after a purchase of a new drive. All sorted now, thanks for the great product!

Skickat från min SM-G925F via Tapatalk

Having previously done the manual lua install, I found another solution: Create a symbolic link at the location where windows thinks DCS is installed, pointing to its actual location.

Never used one before but - much to my surprise - it worked first time. Fixing the registry would be the best solution, but this is preferable to the other options because it won't need repeating if you have to reinstall the plugin.

Asus Z690 Hero | 12900K | 64GB G.Skill 6000 | 4090FE | Reverb G2 | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 + TM Grips  | Winwing Orion2 Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals

Having previously done the manual lua install, I found another solution: Create a symbolic link at the location where windows thinks DCS is installed, pointing to its actual location.

Never used one before but - much to my surprise - it worked first time. Fixing the registry would be the best solution, but this is preferable to the other options because it won't need repeating if you have to reinstall the plugin.

Hi,

Thanks for the tip, will try to keep that in mind should I run into further difficulties.. However, I ended up seeing that because of my "dirty" move of dcs between drives that duplicate install locations where in effect (don't ask me how). Fixing VIACOM gave me the kick in the butt needed to consolidate my dcs and utilize cleanup/repair. As such, my dcs is smoother than ever.. Synergy FTW! Thank you all..

Skickat från min SM-G925F via Tapatalk

Doesnt seem to make any difference whether you state the recipient or not im afriad. The commands all fail, unless the specific PTT buttons are used.

Strange. Just to confirm this is with M2S with Easy Comms OFF and for those missions you mentioned. As e.g. Defend Camp Yankee works normally: looking in ME what is the (comms) difference with these other missions, also e.g. were they created in different DCS version. Can you run in debug mode and PM me a link to your VAICOMPRO.log please thanks.

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

SUCCESS!!!! :D

For those who it does not work in the F18 with the latest OB update, here is the solution that @Hollywood_315 and I found.

In the DCS World\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\Scripts\devices.lua you should have that line:

-- HOTAS Interface

devices["HOTAS"]= counter()--13 -- Stick and throttle grip

In vaicompro.export.lua change the device ID in this block:

if mod == "FA-18C_hornet" then

GetDevice(38 ):performClickableAction(3027,0.2)

GetDevice(38 ):performClickableAction(3027,0)

LoSetCommand(179)

would become

if mod == "FA-18C_hornet" then

GetDevice(13):performClickableAction(3027,0.2)

GetDevice(13):performClickableAction(3027,0)

LoSetCommand(179)

Genius, thankyou. Faith restored :)

So when I try to open up the config window, it starts off screen( I think) and I cannot get it on screen for some reason. In game I'll call for a refuel, or what ever adn it takes forever for my command to go out and I never get an answer. Please help.

Your Search-Fu is far better than mine!

Is there a way to increase the Chatter Volume. I know the manual states to set the DCS audio to 50 percent, but I want to avoid doing that. I read something about _Menu_Chatter being set to 3 in this thread, but I cant find that in the profile. Is there a file that I need to edit or is this a command in the profile? I tried filtering my profile for _Menu_Chatter, but didn't find anything with an _ in the name.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fair Winds and Following Seas

I've been messing with this for a few days now with no luck. Symptom is the same as many; I see commands register in VA just fine, and confirmed this by creating another profile and cycling gear on an a/c. Worked fine. Worth noting I'm running Steam version so my pathing is through the Steam\steamapps...etc. I pulled the VIACOMPRO log to see if what I'm seeing is the culprit, so here it is.....

VAICOM PRO logfile

Plugin version 2.5.3 build 180610-01

License: PRO

Executing automatic lua code installation.

DCS World installation found: version 2.5

Using Registry entry for 2.5

DCS World installation path = S:\Games\DCS World

Saved Games folder = C:\Users\Moreland's\Saved Games\DCS

Installation OK: Export.lua contains up-to-date file identifier.

Installation OK: VAICOMPRO.export.lua contains up-to-date file identifier.

Installation OK: RadioCommandDialogsPanel.lua contains up-to-date file identifier.

Installation OK: speech.lua contains up-to-date file identifier.

Installation OK: TabSheetBar.lua contains up-to-date file identifier.

Lua integrity counter: 5/5.

DCS World version 2.5 OpenBeta not found.

DCS World version 2.2 OpenAlpha not found.

Checking VA profile.

Updating keywords database...

Success.

Loading keywords database...

Success.

Loading F10 menu items...

Imported menu items

Adding 0 imported ATCs.

Adding 0 imported menu commands.

Building master keywords table...

Success.

Building master labels table...

Success.

No new DCS modules to import.

Exported aliases to keywords.txt, keyword count = 480

Current profile string does not match database.

Startup finished.

Ready for commands.

First, all .lua's check installed okay, but they're not. It starts with the DCS installation file showing in the wrong drive. It's actually in my c:\programs drive and I can't change it (even with custom file path in config menu). Instead, it's CREATING it's own S:\games\DCS World folder and placing the two UI and the Sound .lua's in there. I've highlighted potential problem areas in red above.

Things I've done so far:

1. Installed all programs fresh and in same drive. Three times.

2. Messed with mic settings in both windows and VA. (shouldn't be an issue since VA is fine on its own).

3. Manual install of .lua's per pg. 33 in the manual. No luck, which is why I feel pathing is the issue.

4. Ensured Tx buttons mapped correctly both in VA and DCS.

I feel like I've run out of brain at this point and I'm ready to give up and ask for help.

Here's an example of the comms string. I tested many different prases on all mapped Tx inputs, both easy comms on/off:

10:40:53 PM - Joystick : 'Transmit TX1 press'

10:40:53 PM - Listening resumed

10:40:56 PM - Recognized : 'batumi' (Confidence 88)

10:40:56 PM - Captured sentence: batumi

10:40:56 PM - Have result, identified as recipient : Batumi

10:40:56 PM - (awaiting additional input)

10:40:59 PM - Recognized : 'request engines start' (Confidence 94)

10:40:59 PM - Captured sentence: request engines start

10:40:59 PM - Have result, identified as command : Request Engines Start

10:40:59 PM - Specific recipient called, instant select mode = True

10:40:59 PM - Constructing message...

10:40:59 PM - TX1 | VHF AM: [ Batumi ],[ ],[ ] Request Engines Start [ ] [ ]

10:40:59 PM - Joystick : 'Transmit TX1 release'

10:40:59 PM - Listening suspended

@Strike The Config window initially opens top left on the desktop and remembers position after that.

@ownShip Audio balance for chatter is set with the DCS master slider, 50% recommended.

@skins The install path is read from the Windows registry, check post #805 onwards. Install your lua code manually if required (manual page 33).

Grtz

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

Anyone ever have an issue where the first voice command they give Voice Attack bugs out and shuts down? When I reopen it, it gives a message that says “There was an improper shutdown...”

Any ideas on how I can fix this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have narrowed it down to the fact that it ONLY crashes when flying on the Dynamic DCS MP server. If you direct to me how to supply the log(s) you'd need to see to look in to it I will supply them ASAP.

Has anyone else ran in to this issue? Anyone on DDCS MP server that uses VAICOMPRO + VA with success?

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

I ended up creating symbolic links as well. My attempts to fix the registry did not work. I also seem to be unable to get the custom path option to work as well.

Manual installs do work, but symbolic links added the auto-install functionality back for me. YMMV

I ended up creating symbolic links as well. My attempts to fix the registry did not work. I also seem to be unable to get the custom path option to work as well.

Manual installs do work, but symbolic links added the auto-install functionality back for me. YMMV

I'm not familiar with creating a symbolic link at all, and I'm afraid to attempt this for fear of irreversibly messing something up. Can I ask for some guidance on the process for doing this? I have a DCS World folder in S:\ that needs to point to the steam path C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DCSWorld.

EDIT: Disregard, took a stab at doing a hard link and it worked. Tested by requesting takeoff, immediate reply. Oddly enough, i tried a radio check with my flight using Tx2 (UHF) and it didn't work until I did Tx4 Auto. Will have to play around, but that's surely user error. Thanks for talking me down, all!

Edited by skins45

I'm not familiar with creating a symbolic link at all, and I'm afraid to attempt this for fear of irreversibly messing something up. Can I ask for some guidance on the process for doing this? I have a DCS World folder in S:\ that needs to point to the steam path C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DCSWorld.

I used this link to walk me through the process: https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/16226/complete-guide-to-symbolic-links-symlinks-on-windows-or-linux/

If you are not familiar with using DOS prompts, skip that step and look at the next section of the article:

How to Create Symbolic Links with a Graphical Tool

It uses a downloadable application called Link Shell Extension http://schinagl.priv.at/nt/hardlinkshellext/linkshellextension.html

Very easy to use. Download the program and the prerequisite package. You can read all the documentation on the download page if you want, but I just followed the instructions on the How to Geek page and had my links installed in 10 minutes or so.

That's the same one I used. Glad to hear the suggestion is helping people out.

Asus Z690 Hero | 12900K | 64GB G.Skill 6000 | 4090FE | Reverb G2 | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 + TM Grips  | Winwing Orion2 Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals

Hi Community

I was wondering if the Callsigns for stennis, tarawa and the new airports are implemented?

Or better asked would they response to me if i ask in that way?:

Stennis Inbound

Tarawa Inbound

Kerman Inbound

Nearest Carrier Inbound

Thx for clarifiyng

Cheers Evilfisher

Viacom takes 30 seconds or more to respond after issuing a command while in dcs. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Viacom, but it’s still doing it. Anyone have the solution to this issue?

Maybe check out post #793 of this thread. If that issue has been fixed in the latest update, the "13"s should already be in the file and yours will be a different problem.

Is there a read me for the chatter plugin....it doesn't work for me but I may have something setup wrong.

I purchased the program but in the active window is says Viacom Pro for DCS World License FREE...is that what it should read?

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR