Tacan MLF (58X)

Tacan CDC (120X)

Tacan BCE (75X)

Persian Gulf:

Tacan BND (78X)

Tacan KER (97X)

Tacan KIH (112X)

Tacan MIN (99X)

There is also an error with one of the Nevada Tacan Stations, EER should be EED (99X).

Edited by lxsapper

I'm running the latest version of Tacview so you might want to give it a try it should work for you

Mine is also running happily with Tacview:)

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Stable 2.5.5 version of VAICOM

Hollywood:

Is there a version of VAICOM that runs perfectly (?) with stable DCS ver 2.5.5?

I can't get the configuration out of easy comms.

I can't get redirect to work - even after adjusting the audio controls in DCS.

These issues aren't major and it's certainly not the end of the world and is workable, but it would be nice for all of the "good" features to work.

Plain vanilla DCS installation with no add-ons.

Pointing to the stable version and OB box unchecked.

Deleted VAICOM folder and .lua in the scripts of DCS stable version.

Haven't done a lua reset in the configuration tool.

Haven't had to repair the stable version. Ver 2.5.6 OB is broken.

This is a workable situation and I can certainly wait for the next updates.

Just did the latest DCS Update/Hotfix OB v 2.5.6.43872 . . .VoiceAttack does not recognize my aircraft again. Your last update fixed everything in VA . . now it's gone again.

There are still MAJOR issues with this 2.5.6 update . . . nothing today seemed to improve anything with the Hornet. Still can't hookup and launch from the carrier anymore.

What ever DCS is working on, doesn't work well with VA again . . I know you will figure in out Hollywood, thanks!!

i7-7700K 4.20Ghz | GeForce GTX 1080Ti DUKE | ASUS Maximus IX Hero Z270 | Samsung 960 | Corsair CPU Cooler | G.SKILL 32GB | Oculus VR Rift | Saitek PRO Pedals & TM HOTAS Warthog Throttle & Joystick |

So I wiped my machine.

Reinstalled windows, got DCS up again, installed SRS, Voice Attack, and Vaicom.

Got everything running again.

Made a great profile for the F-18.

And realised I put everything on the wrong drive when I wiped the machine.

I never said I was smart.

But... no problem, right? I mean, I already have everything on the drive? I already have a backup!

So I installed the OS on the proper drive.

Dragged/dropped my DCS install over with stuff from ../saved games/

Worked, except all my mappings are gone.

Reinstalled VA.

Dragged/dropped my Vaicom stuff over.

Reenabled it.

Nope.

All my stuff's gone.

Now, I know those files are somewhere on my PC.

How do I get my stuff back?

(Not to mention my DCS HOTAS mappings are gone, too.)

Define "all my stuff"? As far as I know all custom control mappings are in Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input\<Plane Name>\<control type> .

You can try manually re-importing the saved profiles in game:

1. Open DCS

2. Goto settings/controls

3. Select the plane/control type

4. Click on import profile and point it to the correct diff.lua in the Saved Games folder.

slaintemaith

As Andy t has said, but I wonder if a Windows re-install has screwed with the USB adresses for you devices.

Check in your Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input\<Plane Name>\<control type>

for any module you like. If the HOTAS mappings are gone and replaced by the DCS default. Check to see if the filenames for the devices are the same, on your backup and on the new install.

If the long address in curly brackets is different on your new install and your backup for a given device. Then you can get the HOTAS settings back by copying the address in the new install and rename the ones in your backup to the new address. Then delete the file in the new setup and copy the renamed backup over to the new Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input\<Plane Name>\<control type>.

If you followed that I'd try it on a device to confirm it all works then progress to the next one.

Of course don't delete or change anything before making backup copies in case it all goes pear shaped. If you backup up then you can re-enstate

Bit of a pain but its happened to me more than once. Keeping backup copies is a must.

I made my own Kneeboard for referencing Vaicom and AIRIO commands. It's in a style that suits me. Trying to condense info in an organized manner as much as I could but keeping things clear and readable. Following Vaicom manual for the most part, but putting everything in double columns and swapping the order of a few items. Both for spacing and organization.

Got it to 11 pages.

Sharing it here in case anyone wants to take a look.

lxSapper_VaicomKneeboardRef.zip

Thanks t1mb0b . . got my VA back up and running again . . . it always shows the 'yellow lite' on the FINISH button under the Editor folder . . can't get that to stay off . . any thoughts??

Thanks again

i7-7700K 4.20Ghz | GeForce GTX 1080Ti DUKE | ASUS Maximus IX Hero Z270 | Samsung 960 | Corsair CPU Cooler | G.SKILL 32GB | Oculus VR Rift | Saitek PRO Pedals & TM HOTAS Warthog Throttle & Joystick |

The VAICOM plugin is crap as far as I am concerned, it doesn't work with the J-11A or the JF-17 as it breaks in-game comms for both aircraft. When I approached the devs about the issue( VA, VAICOM and ED) they all pointed fingers at each other. I now use Voice Attack alone with profiles I created for each aircraft I fly and it works great, have had no issues with the latest OB versions and patches.

With today's update 2.5.6.43931 VAICOM shows repeatedly comm menu. It is not triggered by my own spoken command. May be the comm menu is triggered by activated chatter in the background...

Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast! (Ken Gatward before his solo Beaufighter mission 1943)See vid here

HW: i7-12700K, 32 GB RAM, MB PRO Z690-A DDR4 , GTX 3080, LCD UltraWQHD (3440x1440) G-SYNC 120Hz,Tobii Eye Tracker 5, VKB Gunfighter III (KG12 WWII), MFG Crosswind, AuthentiKit Throttle & Trims, Windows 11 64-bit

With today's update 2.5.6.43931 VAICOM shows repeatedly comm menu. It is not triggered by my own spoken command. May be the comm menu is triggered by activated chatter in the background...
Try setting the OB option and the custom path to your root dcs installation folder in the Vaicom configuration screen

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Try setting the OB option and the custom path to your root dcs installation folder in the Vaicom configuration screen

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Same thing is happening to me, even after I enter the custom location. I am having to run repair every time I start OB. Is this the appropriate thread to report?

Edited by Wolf333

Rig: Alienware Aurora R9 - 9th Gen Core i7 9700K 4.6GHz 8 Cores | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GDDR6 | 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD | 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL DDR4 3200MHz XMP 2.0 | LG Series80 QNED 50in 4K 120hz | TM Warthog HOTAS w/F-18 grip | Logitech G Pro RP | TM Cougar MFDs | TrackIR 5 Pro | VR: Oculus Quest 2 |

Modules: FC3 | F/A-18C | F-16C | A-10C II | F-14 | M-2000C | AV-8B | F-5E | JF-17 | P-51D | KA-50iii | UH-1H | AH-64D | Supercarrier | Combined Arms | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Syria | Normandy | Chanel |

It is:thumbup:

What happens if you don't run repair (just so we can get an idea of what the problems might be) - are there errors in the DCS log file?

It is:thumbup:

What happens if you don't run repair (just so we can get an idea of what the problems might be) - are there errors in the DCS log file?

It hangs at 10% again. I've deleted the vaicompro.export.lua file, ran reset...the whole thing over again. It was working ok prior to the patch. Now it appears broken again.

Rig: Alienware Aurora R9 - 9th Gen Core i7 9700K 4.6GHz 8 Cores | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GDDR6 | 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD | 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL DDR4 3200MHz XMP 2.0 | LG Series80 QNED 50in 4K 120hz | TM Warthog HOTAS w/F-18 grip | Logitech G Pro RP | TM Cougar MFDs | TrackIR 5 Pro | VR: Oculus Quest 2 |

Modules: FC3 | F/A-18C | F-16C | A-10C II | F-14 | M-2000C | AV-8B | F-5E | JF-17 | P-51D | KA-50iii | UH-1H | AH-64D | Supercarrier | Combined Arms | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Syria | Normandy | Chanel |

It hangs at 10% again. I've deleted the vaicompro.export.lua file, ran reset...the whole thing over again. It was working ok prior to the patch. Now it appears broken again.

I beleive it's the export.lua in saved games/scripts you need to worry about

Keyword editor and alias creation

Believe it or not this request for help doesn't centre around the latests update (well I don't think it does!)

It's with regard to the keywords editor and specifically the JTAC phrases. I'm having problems with the phrase 'checking in' whilst attempting to communicate with the JTAC. so to overcome this I wanted to create an alias and I was going to use the phrase 'with you' but I'm struggling to understand why, when I select the phrase 'Checking in' to add my alias to it, the catagory for 'Checking in' is showing in the AI Comms|Carrier ATC and the segment is is showing as (ATC) Checking in.

'Checking out' (the next phrase on the drop down menu list) is showing in the AI Comms|JTAC category and the JTAC segment. so why the switch?

Then when I tried to add 'With you' as an alias to Checking in, it gets placed as an alias to Wilco! which is a reply statement!

How can I make an alias for the JTAC flow when the Phrase 'Checking in' isn't listed in the JTAC catagory even though it is a phrase clearly used in the Manual for the JTAC flow training section.

Any guidance or clarification as to what I'm doing wrong will be greatly appriciated.

Waistcat

i7 7700 @ 4.7GHz--GTX1080ti--Samsung SSD 500GB--32 gigs of RAM--TH Warthog--Crosswinds rudder--HP Reverb--Dedicated Sim room.

Believe it or not this request for help doesn't centre around the latests update (well I don't think it does!)

It's with regard to the keywords editor and specifically the JTAC phrases. I'm having problems with the phrase 'checking in' whilst attempting to communicate with the JTAC. so to overcome this I wanted to create an alias and I was going to use the phrase 'with you' but I'm struggling to understand why, when I select the phrase 'Checking in' to add my alias to it, the catagory for 'Checking in' is showing in the AI Comms|Carrier ATC and the segment is is showing as (ATC) Checking in.

'Checking out' (the next phrase on the drop down menu list) is showing in the AI Comms|JTAC category and the JTAC segment. so why the switch?

Then when I tried to add 'With you' as an alias to Checking in, it gets placed as an alias to Wilco! which is a reply statement!

How can I make an alias for the JTAC flow when the Phrase 'Checking in' isn't listed in the JTAC catagory even though it is a phrase clearly used in the Manual for the JTAC flow training section.

Any guidance or clarification as to what I'm doing wrong will be greatly appriciated.

Waistcat

its been a while since i used JTAC but from memory i think i used to check-in simply with;

'Axeman 11(obviously whichever c/s is appropriate) - playtime 15 minutes'

Have you tried that?

its been a while since i used JTAC but from memory i think i used to check-in simply with;

'Axeman 11(obviously whichever c/s is appropriate) - playtime 15 minutes'

Have you tried that?

Thanks mate, yes that works but it still doesn't explain the reasonng for this confusion. I just went through the manual and I couldn't find 'checking in' listed anywhere in the manual's Keyword reference. Checking out and check out are both phrases listed under JTAC. I looked at ATC and Carrier ATC but nothing there either. But it does appear in the keywords database and its clearly a used phrase as its listed in the JTAC flow page as a radio call.

Ah well - your suggestion is a decent work around. Thanks buddy

Waist cat

i7 7700 @ 4.7GHz--GTX1080ti--Samsung SSD 500GB--32 gigs of RAM--TH Warthog--Crosswinds rudder--HP Reverb--Dedicated Sim room.