VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Hollywood

In your PDF document is it possible to highlight or put a line on the left margin to show changes in the doc?

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Hey Snacko

In 2.5.5 that's already done.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Not sure what's wrong. I installed the new DLL and it still doesn't show 2.5.5 in the VA log.

viacom.thumb.png.9e815a3c31f7fc5922aac5a4b2af1c0b.png

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Why do I keep getting this stupid Meerkat video attached to every email notification from this thread? That is really weird..

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Great video! that helped a ton. However after deleting the old and pasting the new I hit finish and close out of the edit profile window. Then after I restart VA I get the same message that the "keywords database was updated: apply FINISH steps to update the VA profile.

I've tried the update steps multiple times, yet each time VA restarts I see this message in the startup text box.

Am I doing something wrong?

I also get the same thing.

Blue

Hey Hollywood, firstly I'd like to say how great this plugin is. I've been using for quite awhile now and it's made interactions with AI smooth as silk. But lately I've been having issues. It first started with some registry entry issues when I moved DCS to a separate SSD, but I eventually got VAICOM working again with some edits to the entry. But now I can't get VAICOM to recognize alot of recipient names. Essentially every Caucaus recipient name no longer is recognizable and it just reverts to the closest ATC when I first load in to a mission, regardless of what my radios are tuned to. More specifically, this is generally what pops up in VA when I make a call to an ATC:

7:20:16 PM - TX1 | VHF AM: [ ATC ],[ ],[ ] Inbound [ ] [ ]

7:20:16 PM - Constructing message...

7:20:16 PM - Unspecified recipient called: using default unit for this category

7:20:16 PM - Have result, identified as command : Inbound

7:20:16 PM - Captured sentence: inbound

7:20:16 PM - Recognized : 'inbound'

7:20:15 PM - Listening suspended

7:20:15 PM - Joystick : 'Transmit TX1 release'

7:20:14 PM - (awaiting additional input)

7:20:14 PM - Have result, identified as recipient : Kobuleti

7:20:14 PM - Captured sentence: kobuleti

7:20:14 PM - Recognized : 'kobuleti'

7:20:13 PM - Listening resumed

7:20:13 PM - Joystick : 'Transmit TX1 press'

Wingman names and some AWACS and JTAC callsigns work, but its very inconsistent in what it chooses to run. Also, NTTR ATC names seem to work more consistently, but only when I say them with little pause between the recipient name and the callout. VAICOM has always worked very well in the past and this only started happening either after I updated to 2.5.5 or after the registry edits. Any ideas on how to solve this?

I have looked at the manual for 2.5.5 and cant see any update to PTT config with new wheel selection. What are the settings and their meanings?

Would be great thanks

Also, I never see that the module has been selected in config. Any ideas or just leave it.

Edited by tmansteve

It also occasionally tells me there is no recipient available for Crew, too?

5:04:51 PM - There are currently no Crew recipients available.

It's almost like VAICOM isn't accumulating the proper server info upon loading in?

Was there a resolution to the above issue that Buckeye identified a while back? I'm seeing the same behaviour on the TAW NA training server, but not when playing single-player. I get a "There are currently no xxx recipients available." message when trying to communicate with ATC or Ground Crew or Tanker as examples. I am sure that I'm communicating on the correct freqs, as I can use slash commands to communicate. This is with Easy Comms set to off.

thanks,

VAICOM PRO does not detect any modules inside the game. On Config screen is on Easy Comunicacions: ON and no aircraft name is show (tested with both, A-10C and F/A-18C).

Log:

9:54:30 PM - Plugin 'VAICOM PRO 2.5' initialized.

9:54:30 PM - Ready for commands.

9:54:30 PM - Startup finished.

9:54:30 PM - Chatter start.

9:54:30 PM - Chatter initialized.

9:54:30 PM - Resources added.

9:54:30 PM - Adding chatter resources.. Default

9:54:30 PM - Chatter theme set to Default

9:54:30 PM - Adding themepack collections

9:54:30 PM - The keywords database was updated: apply FINISH steps to update the VA profile.

9:54:30 PM - No new DCS modules to import.

9:54:30 PM - Success.

9:54:30 PM - Building master labels table...

9:54:30 PM - Building master keywords table...

9:54:30 PM - Adding 0 imported menu commands.

9:54:30 PM - Adding 0 imported ATC aliases.

9:54:30 PM - Loading F10 menu items...

9:54:30 PM - Loading keywords database...

9:54:30 PM - Updating keywords database...

9:54:30 PM - Checking VA profile.

9:54:30 PM - 4/5 DCS-side files were updated.

9:54:30 PM - Reset: TabSheetBar.lua

9:54:30 PM - Reset: speech.lua

9:54:30 PM - Reset: RadioCommandDialogsPanel.lua

9:54:30 PM - Reset: VAICOMPRO.export.lua

9:54:30 PM - Unchanged: Export.lua

9:54:30 PM - Saved Games folder = F:\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta

9:54:30 PM - DCS World installation path = D:\OtherGames\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta

9:54:30 PM - Using Registry entry for 2.5 OpenBeta

9:54:30 PM - DCS World installation found: version 2.5 OpenBeta

9:54:30 PM - DCS World version 2.5 not found.

9:54:30 PM - Executing automatic lua code installation.

9:54:30 PM - License: PRO

9:54:30 PM - Plugin version 2.5.5 build 180901-01

9:54:29 PM - Initializing..

9:54:29 PM - Press LCtrl+LAlt+C for config.

9:54:29 PM - VAICOM PRO for DCS World. License: PRO

9:54:29 PM - Plugin 'The Digital Race Engineer (v2.5.2)' initialized.

9:54:29 PM - Plugin support enabled.

Will check previuos post and see if i find the solution.

Edited by By-Jokese

No, the VAICOM did detect all routes correctly from registry and inside Scripts folder there is already a VAICOMPRO folder with the VAICOMPRO.export.lua file inside.

Did try also with manual intallation and enabling manual DCS/side files and did not change nothing.

Edited by By-Jokese

@Pancake There's been no code change in the plugin's core call handling routines, so would seem related to a change on your setup.

From the log it looks as if the PTT button is released before the command is finished: hold it until complete.

Re registry entries: if the paths are off, lua files may end up in the wrong places. Use auto-install and check in debug mode if the paths are correct.

@Zyll For MP the server must have Player Export enabled.

If data connection does not come up ('----')you can try with disabling the Import F10 Menus option.

@Jokese If you get no data connection in SP check the following

1) VA is latest (1.7.2) and running as administrator,

2) Try disabling other VA plugins,

3) Try running a DCS repair,

4) Some other app may be blocking proper export.lua execution: inspect the export.lua file in Saved Games and look in dcs.log for clues.

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

Hollywood

I have the WH throttle set up so that TX1 and 3 are buttons 4 and 6 on the WH throttle. These are for Comm 1 and 2 on the F18. However, I would like the comms menus to remain on the screen and they keep disappearing on me even though I have Disable Menus unchecked in the config box. What am I doing wrong?

Also, in the edit profile list, for TX 1 and 3 in the column Shortcut, it says Shortcut disabled. What does that mean?

I have the pro version.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Hollywood_315

Is the new version up? It has the same version # as the one I downloaded the other day. I guess the build number is different?

Hollywood_315

Sorry to be such an idiot, but still having issues. I have TX3 set up as button 6 on my throttle. On the PTT page, the dial is set to NORM and for some reason, TX3 is blanked out. When I try to use it, on release it make a BRRing sound. The green LCD says F18, Easy Comm On, and Multi is lit up.

@Zyll For MP the server must have Player Export enabled.

If data connection does not come up ('----')you can try with disabling the Import F10 Menus option.

why is it that I get the '"----" Easy Communication: On' (incorrectly) when I log into our MP server fresh and startup Vaicom? I have randomly tried other servers, and in each case it Vaicom correctly identifies I'm flying the F/A 18 and detects the comms mode. Same thing with single player missions. Just seems our server is giving me problems. Are there known server mods that conflict with Vaicom?

I did confirm that the server in question is running with Player Export Enabled, but I don't think its picking up the server settings. The crazy thing is, if I go into the MP server and Vaicom incorrectly identifies Easy Comms is On, I can still talk to the ground crew, but when Easy Comms is off (because it remembered from my loading of a previous SP mission), I get the message "There are currently no Crew recipients available.".

Some relevant server settings are:

Integrity Check

require pure clients: no

- require pure textures: no

- require pure models: no

Data Export

Allow object export: yes

Allow sensor export: yes

Allow player export: yes

Hoping this makes sense, I can provide logs and more detailed repro steps if required. The server I'm having challenges with is the TAW NA 2 server. I'm also in communication with the server admin there, so I can get info if required.

@sobe You should have received the automatic update to build 180910-01.

With NORM/MULTI mode in the Hornet TX1/TX2 are mapped to COMM1/2, so use those.

Also inspect your keybinds in dcs config to make sure they don't trigger anything else.

@Zyll Assuming Import F10 Menu is off not clear what the issue with that particular server is atm.

Funny characters in the mission name could choke the json encoder so check that.

Also look for any error messages in debug mode and go through your dcs.log perhaps there's a clue there.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com