VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Hi Hollywood

Since the latest two updates I find that menu suppression is not that reliable anymore, especially the auto menus that DCS generates when interacting with the ATC. These now pop up cheerfully again... any ideas?

Thanks man

overalien

Hog Driver starting to really like the Tomcat

System specs:

Intel i7-8700k - OC to 5.0 GHz

| 32 GB RAM 3600 MHz | Nvidia 1080ti SLi | Mixed Storage - Win 10 and DCS on Samsung SSD 970 Pro

Flightgear:

7 Displays (3 x 1440p, 1 X 1080p, 3 X Lilliput Touch) | 3 x Cougar MFDs

| Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals | iBEAM Shaker + Simshaker for Aviators w. Sound Module | Helios | VAICOM Pro + AIRIO | TrackIR 5

How does the import F10 menu option work? I was under the impression it is needed to ensure you can talk to every asset available on the map, especially if custom freqs are being used on the server. If i disable that setting and join a server, is this not a potential reason that I am unable to communicate?

Thanks for all your ongoing support, it's very much appreciated.

How does the import F10 menu option work? I was under the impression it is needed to ensure you can talk to every asset available on the map, especially if custom freqs are being used on the server. If i disable that setting and join a server, is this not a potential reason that I am unable to communicate?

Thanks for all your ongoing support, it's very much appreciated.

answered my own question, RTFM:

Importing F10 Menus

Some missions make use of the ‘Other’(F10) menu for special commands. If in Preferences the option

‘Import F10 Menus’ is enabled the F10 menu items will be added to the keyword database.

The imported keywords cannot be used immediately, the updated keywords list must first be added

to the VA profile. See Keywords Editor section in the Configuration Window chapter.

I am using SRS alongside VC fine. I even map the same buttons for the radios on my F18. If I tune into a freq that has a human operator, then SRS comms will apply (and VC should just ignore the message). If I am tuned into an AI freq, VC does its thing, and no one should be listening in SRS on that freq anyways. So all's good!

I saw an earlier post about exposed variables allowing you to set different PTT keys for different modules but saw no info on how to actually accomplish this. Right now I can only do it in TARGET.

How can this be done? Please be specific... I would need a working example to follow.

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

Hollywood

Also inspect your keybinds in dcs config to make sure they don't trigger anything else.

Does that mean you continue to bind the mic buttons on the WH throttle to the Comm 1 and 2 controls or not? Sorry but I am confused.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

erro in DCS log

Hi Hollywood,

this are some errors I'm having in the DCS log, pls verify if I have to change anything.

2018-09-12 01:23:31.073 ERROR Lua::Config: Call error LuaExportStart:<LUA_TTABLE>

stack traceback:

[C]: ?

[C]: in function 'try'

[string "C:\Users\User\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\VAICOMPRO\VAICOMPRO.export.lua"]:47: in function 'Start'

[string "C:\Users\User\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\VAICOMPRO\VAICOMPRO.export.lua"]:181: in function 'PrevLuaExportStart'

[string "C:\Users\User\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts/TacviewGameExport.lua"]:47: in function 'OtherLuaExportStart'

[string "C:\Users\User\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\VAICOMPRO\VAICOMPRO.export.lua"]:183: in function <[string "C:\Users\User\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\VAICOMPRO\VAICOMPRO.export.lua"]:180>.

2018-09-12 01:34:43.084 ERROR Lua::Config: Call error LuaExportStop:[string "C:\Users\User\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\VAICOMPRO\VAICOMPRO.export.lua"]:91: attempt to index field 'sendtoclient' (a nil value)

stack traceback:

[string "C:\Users\User\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\VAICOMPRO\VAICOMPRO.export.lua"]:91: in function 'Stop'

[string "C:\Users\User\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\VAICOMPRO\VAICOMPRO.export.lua"]:208: in function 'PrevLuaExportStop'

[string "C:\Users\User\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts/TacviewGameExport.lua"]:77: in function 'OtherLuaExportStop'

[string "C:\Users\User\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\VAICOMPRO\VAICOMPRO.export.lua"]:210: in function <[string "C:\Users\User\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\VAICOMPRO\VAICOMPRO.export.lua"]:207>.

Thanks!!

@RogueSqdn Check last page of the user manual

@sobe Assign the joy buttons to the TX's in the VA profile. Do not use these same buttons in DCS config.

@Biga TacView entry causes the issue, try with removing it from your export.lua and test again.

EDIT make sure to run tacview latest version ie 1.7.2.

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

No matter what I do, I cannot get the menus to show up.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

@RogueSqdn Check last page of the user manual

I saw that and I did. It's just gibberish to me. ;)

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

update notes

Couple of things to note regarding the revised radio handling in the latest build (180910-01).

Subtle differences but good to be aware of (below assumes A-10C but same goes for all non-FC3 modules)

1) With Easy Comms ON, you now have wider tuning- and communications capabilities across radios beyond just the default options.

For example in MULTI mode with Easy Comms ON try contacting an ATC using TX2 PTT for UHF radio.

If the ATC has a transponder on UHF, the plugin will now select the frequency on UHF radio instead of trying to revert to default VHF AM.

Similar if you'd have a JTAC engagement on VHF AM using easy comms, etc.

2) With Easy Comms OFF, you now have better response when using non-default radios in SNGL mode.

If your AWACS for example is tuned on UHF or FM radio instead of default VHF AM, SEL/AUTO will now switch to the correct radio for the called recipient.

With this the plugin should now provide correct response for all PTT mode / Easy Comms scenarios.

Have fun checking it out.

:joystick:

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

I am able to use Vaicom Pro but still no comms menus appear. I could not find anything in the game that was labelled subtitles. My work-a-round is to use button 17 on the WH joystick to call up the comm menu if I need it.

Hollywood, any progress made on interfacing with the "new age" multiplayer servers comms menus? i.e the F10 menu that everything is scripted through?

Last we talked via PM, you had some ideas...but hadn't heard much since then. Just curious, thanks brother.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

@sobe Well normally it's good that you don't see menu's. If you want to look at the menu, press and keep holding PTT while calling 'Options'.

@Bucks Yeah let me have another look a that.

I believe there was some lua-illegal character thing going on. You should be able to at least connect normally now if Import F10 Menus is set to off.

Grtz

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

Gentlemen.. after my grey hair dropped out in large chunks and almost bald, I found the culprit to my problems of having either Sim Shaker work or Viacom but not both.

Make sure that SSA entry is first in the Export.lua........worked for me... waiting for a new head of curly hair to grow out.....

Vampire signing off.

[sIGPIC]If you are still under control you are not going fast enough[/sIGPIC]

@Holliwood, showing these errors in log file:

2018-09-15 23:52:26.527 ERROR Lua::Config: Call error LuaExportStart:<LUA_TTABLE>

stack traceback:

[string "C:\Users\User\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\VAICOMPRO\VAICOMPRO.export.lua"]:47: in function 'Start'

[string "C:\Users\User\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\VAICOMPRO\VAICOMPRO.export.lua"]:200: in function 'OtherLuaExportStart'

[string "C:\Users\User\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\VAICOMPRO\VAICOMPRO.export.lua"]:202: in function <[string "C:\Users\User\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\VAICOMPRO\VAICOMPRO.export.lua"]:199>.

2018-09-16 01:07:28.557 ERROR Lua::Config: Call error LuaExportStop:[string "C:\Users\User\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\VAICOMPRO\VAICOMPRO.export.lua"]:93: attempt to index field 'sendtoclient' (a nil value)

stack traceback:

[string "C:\Users\User\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\VAICOMPRO\VAICOMPRO.export.lua"]:93: in function 'Stop'

[string "C:\Users\User\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\VAICOMPRO\VAICOMPRO.export.lua"]:227: in function 'OtherLuaExportStop'

[string "C:\Users\User\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\VAICOMPRO\VAICOMPRO.export.lua"]:229: in function <[string "C:\Users\User\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\VAICOMPRO\VAICOMPRO.export.lua"]:226>.

Comments pls.

Thanks!

Hollywood

After hitting reload and finish buttons in the Keyword Editor, a window pops up concerning the updated keyword database.

The 3rd paragraph states to double click the “AI Comms” command (category keywords collection) and clear all existing keywords in the “when I say” field and then apply paste to place the new keyword set and press apply when done.

I am a little confused on these instructions. Under the Heading Description, there are numerous AI Comms. Do you go thru each one or what?

Edited by sobe

Hollywood,

With Voiceattack on I can't communicate with Tanker, AWACS...

2018-09-17 10:46:57.295 ERROR Lua::Config: Call error LuaExportStart:<LUA_TTABLE>

stack traceback:

[string "C:\Users\User\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\VAICOMPRO\VAICOMPRO.export.lua"]:200: in function 'OtherLuaExportStart'

[string "C:\Users\User\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\VAICOMPRO\VAICOMPRO.export.lua"]:202: in function <[string "C:\Users\User\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\VAICOMPRO\VAICOMPRO.export.lua"]:199>.

2018-09-17 10:48:43.227 ERROR Lua::Config: Call error LuaExportStop:[string "C:\Users\User\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\VAICOMPRO\VAICOMPRO.export.lua"]:93: attempt to index field 'sendtoclient' (a nil value)

stack traceback:

[string "C:\Users\User\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\VAICOMPRO\VAICOMPRO.export.lua"]:93: in function 'Stop'

[string "C:\Users\User\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\VAICOMPRO\VAICOMPRO.export.lua"]:227: in function 'OtherLuaExportStop'

[string "C:\Users\User\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\VAICOMPRO\VAICOMPRO.export.lua"]:229: in function <[string "C:\Users\User\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\VAICOMPRO\VAICOMPRO.export.lua"]:226>.

Hollywood/Greyman

I am still confused. I never knew about the button at the bottom but I still do not understand what to do next.

After hitting reload and finish buttons in the Keyword Editor, a window pops up concerning the updated keyword database.

The 3rd paragraph states to double click the “AI Comms” command (category keywords collection) and clear all existing keywords in the “when I say” field and then apply paste to place the new keyword set and press apply when done.

I am a little confused on these instructions. Under the Heading Description, there are numerous AI Comms. Do you go thru each one or what?

Which is why you press the button I spoke of, as that combines all of those commands into one.

When you edit that command, as per the instructions in the manual, delete the current contents of the 'when I say' field, by first selecting the field, press Ctrl+a to select all of the content, and then press delete. Then paste the contents of the clipboard, that were put there by the FINISH command. Please note however, that when you have pasted the commands into that field, due to a bug in VA, you might not be able to see the. They are there though, so just think of it as magic. :)

Edited by Greyman

The VAICOM installer is currently broken. The Radiothinger.lua is no longer in the /scripts/ folder but in /scripts/radiothingamibob/radiothinger.lua

I had to do the manual .lua hackery install. Thing does seem to work fine. Is there a log file somewhere I can check to see if the thing is OK?

I5 9600KF, 32GB, 3080ti, G2, PointCTRL