VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Pg 18 of the manual

Note: Keep in mind that for e.g. WWII-era aircraft with basic radio systems typically only a small number of preset frequencies can be used. These frequencies are set by the mission designer. You can only reach recipients that match these pre-programmed radio frequencies. The same goes for example for using JTAC. With a PRO license you can engage with JTAC from any aircraft, but the JTAC frequency/modulation type set in the mission editor must be suitable to be tuned by the aircraft radio system.

What's your point/message? That means, and conveys nothing to me. That's why I say the manual is confusing to read. Where does that say that the L39 "has" to have radio presets set in the mission editor for communications to work?

For a newcomer, or casual user of DCS, the way Vaicom is advertised/presented in the manual, you basically install the plugin in VA, make some configuration changes based on your needs, setup PTT, get in your aircraft, and all communications will just work. It assumes everyone knows how to use the mission editor, or cares to, and that every mission available by default in Dcs will just work with every aircraft, and that's simply not the case.

What you quoted above does not address clearly that aircraft like the L39 "must have" radio presets programmed in the mission editor, or communication with "Atc" is not possible in this aircraft.

I've nothing more to say on this, my points been made. Hopefully this discussion may help some newcomers, or someone who has no interest in mission editing, that get frustrated with Vaicom, and give up. Reading back through this forum group would indicate that this has happened on more than a few occasions. It was only through my own persistence, and spending a week reading everything I could from the Dcs forums, that the light bulb went off, and I finally figured out what was required to get Vaicom to work with the L39, through mission editing. It certainly wasn't as easy as install the plugin, jump in a default mission, and go.

i5 11600k 4.9ghz, 64gb 3600, 3070ti, multiple ssd/nvme, Rift S, TM Warthog / Throttle, Saitek Pedals, Nevada, Normandy, Syria, A10C/2, KA-50 3, P51D, L39, Huey, WW2 Assets, VaicomPro

What's your point/message? That means, and conveys nothing to me. That's why I say the manual is confusing to read. Where does that say that the L39 "has" to have radio presets set in the mission editor for communications to work?

For a newcomer, or casual user of DCS, the way Vaicom is advertised/presented in the manual, you basically install the plugin in VA, make some configuration changes based on your needs, setup PTT, get in your aircraft, and all communications will just work. It assumes everyone knows how to use the mission editor, or cares to, and that every mission available by default in Dcs will just work with every aircraft, and that's simply not the case.

What you quoted above does not address clearly that aircraft like the L39 "must have" radio presets programmed in the mission editor, or communication with "Atc" is not possible in this aircraft.

I've nothing more to say on this, my points been made. Hopefully this discussion may help some newcomers, or someone who has no interest in mission editing, that get frustrated with Vaicom, and give up. Reading back through this forum group would indicate that this has happened on more than a few occasions. It was only through my own persistence, and spending a week reading everything I could from the Dcs forums, that the light bulb went off, and I finally figured out what was required to get Vaicom to work with the L39, through mission editing. It certainly wasn't as easy as install the plugin, jump in a default mission, and go.

I don't know...if you speak English it's pretty apparent...

basic RF Theory requires you to be on the same frequency as the party you are trying to communicate with... I think this application requires you to have a basic understanding of that..I also think it is beyond the scope of the manual for him to have to explain that to everyone...

My.02 cents

Edited by epolta
Words

@Muskoka OK. So, again to conclude, none of this has to do with VAICOM PRO.

You would have had the same experience with L39 and ATC if you had used the comms menus instead of the plugin.

The documentation presumes basic understanding of DCS general functionality.

Thanks

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

DCS not responding

Hollywood, I have some problems getting VAICOM to run properly. I followed the installation process, watched the video and read through the manual trying to figure out the problem.

VAICOM seems to run properly and recognizes my commands more or less frequently. The Tx buttons are mapped to the HOTAS and the button presses are cleared in the DCS controls. When I interrogate I get the short beep so I guess the recipient is there. But I dont get the readback from my pilot and nothing happens. Also the PTT control window doesnt update the statuts of the game - like the correct module or easy comms on/off.

A screenshot of what it looks on my side. Any advice?

vaicom1.thumb.PNG.e181e18aa93dd5f2cccab77b99b83f81.PNG

Alright - I am one step further. After reading through this thread I chose to delete (rename) the export.lua. After the new one was created VIACOM now recognized the module and the easy comms state. I am also able to talk with my wingman and the ground crew. ATC still doesnt respond. Easy comms off I try to reach ATC on VHF AM. Tower, ATC and Krymsk are recognized and I can bring up the menu via Option but it does not trigger the pilot readback...

Any help?

Slight problem with a mod guys. I installed the MB339 mod but had no replies although the beep was there. I pasted the export.lua script into the plane export.lua file at the top but still got nothing. Has anyone tried the plane mod and got Viacom to work?

Also, I am in the process of hooking my brother to this great sim. He installed the software but everytime he loada voiceattack, viacom keeps wanting to download a 2.5 plugin. I know he hasnt gone pro yet, but is that the problem?

Cheers

Edited by tmansteve

Hey guys, experiencing an issue with the F/A-18C on the carrier. The command "Chief - Remove wheel chocks" is recognized, but I get an error stating that "Extended command set is currently disabled in preferences" suggesting that the F/A-18C does not offer this command natively if I read the explanation of this correctly?

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@steve He may want to verify if VA is running as admin and/or get the latest plugin build from the website directly.

Mods are not on the list of supported modules: depending on how it was constructed a mod may work with VAICOM PRO, but there's no guarantee beforehand.

Perhaps others have tried with this one.

@Ed It's more that the plugin doesn't offer that voice command by default, enable the Extended Command Set to use it across all modules.

@bodecker @Biga From the website FAQ page :

Q: I get this message: 'UNABLE TO INVOKE PLUGIN, PLUGIN NOT VALID FOR THIS VERSION OF VOICEATTACK' ,what do I do?

A: You see this message when you have switched profiles in VoiceAttack.

VAICOM PRO works with just one profile and switching is not needed.

Select the correct profile i.e. 'VAICOM PRO for DCS World', restart VoiceAttack and things will be back to normal.

@Kirin Allright, thanks for updating.

Edited by Hollywood_315
forgot to answer Ed

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

Hi Hollywood,

I got him to make sure it is running as admin but i will check again. I realise that some mods are not supported but I have never had a problem until now and feel it is due to their Lua file wanting to overwrite. I got rid of it and everything works fine.

Just got to sort my brother out. I will hook up with him at weekend and see if downloading the files as you say has any effect. Many thanks for the reply.

I keep getting "The keywords database was updated: apply FINISH steps to update the VA profile."

Likely happened after F10 menu import. I have done the steps (multiple times before after updates). I've checked the dates on the files and they appear to be up to dat.

It's a minor thing, any directions how to reset it/get rid of the message?

Edited by mdee

Hi,

having great issue's getting VIACOM PRO to work correctly.

I have followed instructions, my DCS is a steam installation, as is my Voice Attack instalation not sure if this is why I cannot get it to work correctly.

I have everythign settup, tx buttons etc work and my voice is recognised, but I get nothing in DCS, and I get a dashed line where VIACOMP PRO should display the aircraft type in the PTT tab.

I have tried copying LUA files etc, I have also tried pointing VIACOMPRO to my install directory but still it will not connect to DCS World.

I am just installing DCS base as a standalone install, I will see if viacom pro works with this installation, if not any other things I can try?

Regards,

@mdee You could try if pressing the Reload button on the Keywords Editor tab resets the message.

@Ben With the latest plugin build (2.5.5 181105-01) you can use the custom DCS path option to directly locate your Steam DCS World folder.

In other news: this build also has an offline mute option for Chatter, meaning that when this option is selected you will hear chatter only when a mission is running in DCS.

Existing users will receive this new build automatically.

Grtz

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

Hey,

Just purchased Viacom and have been setting it up. I started messing with it in the F15 since it has a generic radio model.

I have a question - I notice that i cant seem to manage my flight is sections or by individual air frames like 2,3,4. All command turn out to be directed at the entire flight...

I am guessing but would think i should be able to move this flight around individually?

Thanks.

Hi there, I'm now using Vaicom with Voice Attack after a little bit of fiddling (was a little frustrating* to begin with but I pulled through) :) *British understatement

For the life of me I can't get the software to understand Batumi! But you me, But I see etc etc., I've tried every possible variation of pronunciation without success. It also doesn't recognise Hawg 1-1 but it gets the gist :D

When it can't understand it picks the nearest airfield which is usually Kutaisi. How can I fix this?

Windows 10 64bit, Intel Core i5 8600K CPU @ 3.6GHz, 32GB DDR4 2400MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB. 500GB SSD (Exclusively for DCS World), Thrustmaster Warthog, Logitech G Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals. Track IR 5 with Pro Clip. Vaicom Pro.

EASA PPL(A), Glider Aerobatics. Modules: A-10C, F/A-18C, F-5E, Mirage 2000C, AV-8B N/A, Yak 52, Flaming Cliffs 3, Heatblur F14B/A, UH-1H Huey, SA342 Gazelle and all but one of the warbirds. Caucuses, Persian Gulf, NTTR, Normandy, Channel and Syria.

Yeah I've had something similar with one of these Black Sea airfields myself too.

You can use the Keywords Editor to add your pronunciation to the speech dictionary or change the keyword into something more phonetic like Baahtoomee *). Manual page 27/30.

*) UK spelling.

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

Quick solution.You must to go editor keys rap in Vaicom panel alt + Control + c and add new key word.Any word that you want and that it will be to speech.For ex amplíe for Batumi you can use Batu;it is more simple to pronuncie.

Remenber,you must to update the base data as is habitual when you add Any new key