VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

is there a way to update the app or just uninstalling, getting the newer version and installing?

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

@bonedust Keyboard shortcuts have to be enabled in VA (the keyboard icon) and the VAICOM PRO profile must be loaded.

@redtail Chatter now links to radio power. Enable chatter and go through a ramp startup sequence: you'll hear chatter come alive as soon as the radios are powered on.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Thanks! :thumbup:

~Redtail~

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@Tundra If you have an existing install you can just replace the existing VAICOMPRO.dll with the new one from the download.

Thank you sir :smilewink:

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

@redtail

The Chatter function must be on in the plugin, in the Hornet the UFC must be powered on, to switch on a radio turn its COMM knob clockwise (this is not part of the auto sequence).

Chatter starts when a radio is active. To check: when switched on, the radio color will change from dark to light grey on the PTT page and when you press its PTT key you hear the squelch sound.

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

i tried to import the F10 menu from the Throug the inferno mission, but i can't get it to work ?

i have;

-ticked the ''import f10 menu" in the configuration window

-flown the mission (manually used F keys to start some missions)

and folowed these steps;

• [PRO] Import F10 Menu: adds mission F10 (Other) menu items to the keywords database.

Enable this option and fly the mission: items are added as new keywords starting with ‘Action’.

Go to the Keywords Editor and follow the FINISH steps to update the VA profile to use the new

voice commands: using an imported keyword will execute the menu item command.

but my database ends up with same amount of keywords?

Intel® Core™ i7-6900K Processor (watercooled) - Asus ROG Rampage V Edition 10 (watercooled) motherbord - 8 x 8Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3333Mhz RAM (watercooled) - 2 x ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI-11G-GAMING (watercooled)

- Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Logitech G910 Orion Spark - Asus PG348 34'' LCD screen - Razor Tiamat 7.1 - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog Replica USAF A-10C - TrackIR 5 - Pro Flight Cessna Rudder Pedals - VAICOM 2.5 PRO

@redtail

The Chatter function must be on in the plugin, in the Hornet the UFC must be powered on, to switch on a radio turn its COMM knob clockwise (this is not part of the auto sequence).

Chatter starts when a radio is active. To check: when switched on, the radio color will change from dark to light grey on the PTT page and when you press its PTT key you hear the squelch sound.

Did all of that but still no joy. Comm1 & 2 are working fine. I can request startup, taxi, takeoff, etc and get positive response from ATC. I can hear squelch from VC Pro as well as the cockpit radio when I press the button on the UFC next to squelch.

Chatter only becomes active when I give a vocal command to VC Pro. Either in a cold or hot cockpit. However, chatter does not automatically initialize for me when I power up the radios.

Thanks again for your patience, hard work and dedication to this incredible plugin!

Edited by redtail

~Redtail~

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@Rum The new keywords should be added normally and the FINISH button will light up.

Can you send me a link to your VAICOMPRO.log via PM and we'll have a look thanks.

@redtail Well that's funny. You did have the Chatter function switched on before you entered the mission?

Because it doesn't do that by itself (unless you have 'start chatter automatically on plugin startup' switched on).

Also just to check: running the Garmin NS340 by any chance?

Can you try ramp start with another module e.g. A-10C and catch me on PM. Cheers mate.

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

@Rum The new keywords should be added normally and the FINISH button will light up.

Can you send me a link to your VAICOMPRO.log via PM and we'll have a look thanks.

@redtail Well that's funny. You did have the Chatter function switched on before you entered the mission?

Because it doesn't do that by itself (unless you have 'start chatter automatically on plugin startup' switched on).

Also just to check: running the Garmin NS340 by any chance?

Can you try ramp start with another module e.g. A-10C and catch me on PM. Cheers mate.

Yes sir. Tried both ways, chatter on auto as well as manually prior to entering mission. Results=chatter heard regardless of Comm radio state.

No, I do not have the Garmin module. Just tried a ramp start in the A-10C, with the same result. Chatter is either always on, or always off.

I will PM you as requested.

Thanks

~Redtail~

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi. Been using Viacom for some time and an excellent programme.

After the latest update (22/8) Viacom has stopped communicating with DCS.

Everything seems to work with hotas and Voice Attack, messages are recognised but no response from DCS. No voice and radios do not come on with appropriate frequency.

Any suggestions appreciated. Really lost without this excellent programme.

Hi Hollywood,

Did you get to the bottom of Redtail's issue with the lua for the chatter issue he has had? If so, have you got the solution as I too don't have the chatter when fire up the radios. Did what you suggested to him and tried other aircraft but still the same result. I have to manually start chatter and auto start is not on.

Thanks

Waistcat

i7 7700 @ 4.7GHz--GTX1080ti--Samsung SSD 500GB--32 gigs of RAM--TH Warthog--Crosswinds rudder--HP Reverb--Dedicated Sim room.

Hi. Been using Viacom for some time and an excellent programme.

After the latest update (22/8) Viacom has stopped communicating with DCS.

Everything seems to work with hotas and Voice Attack, messages are recognised but no response from DCS. No voice and radios do not come on with appropriate frequency.

Any suggestions appreciated. Really lost without this excellent programme.

Same here. Rolled back to previous and did manual .lua install and all except automatic chatter works again. Seems current version has a bug.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

overalien

Hog Driver starting to really like the Tomcat

System specs:

Intel i7-8700k - OC to 5.0 GHz

| 32 GB RAM 3600 MHz | Nvidia 1080ti SLi | Mixed Storage - Win 10 and DCS on Samsung SSD 970 Pro

Flightgear:

7 Displays (3 x 1440p, 1 X 1080p, 3 X Lilliput Touch) | 3 x Cougar MFDs

| Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals | iBEAM Shaker + Simshaker for Aviators w. Sound Module | Helios | VAICOM Pro + AIRIO | TrackIR 5

Hey guys. Not a bug in current version, it's just the standard recipe again: get the latest plugin version, and CAREFULLY inspect the five lua files from manual page 33 if you get no response in DCS.

Remove all VAICOM code blocks ( there could be doubles left from previous installs) and restart VA. Alternatively remove the lua files completely and run a DCS repair.

Redtail got his chatter fixed, also using the above steps.

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

Thanks Hollywood.

I dowloaded and installed the latest version and problem solved.

I did not need to mess with luas or anything else.

Latest chatter also works.

Excellent programme which just makes flying so much more imersive.

Hi Hollywood,

I back with the non-standard DCS Install. this is what the voice attack debug log recorded:

Hollywood,

I'm back. When Ido the debug this is what I get:

17:34:53 - Success.

17:34:53 - Updating keywords database...

17:34:53 - Checking VA profile.

17:34:53 - please follow the steps on page 33 of the UserManual for manual .lua files installation.

17:34:53 - If you have used a non-standard installationpath outside of Program Files/Eagle Dynamics

17:34:53 - Config: no DCS World installation wasautomatically detected on this machine.

17:34:53 - Object reference not set to an instance of anobject.

17:34:53 - Auto-install could not complete for DCSversion 2.2 OpenAlpha

17:34:53 - Auto-install could not complete for DCSversion 2.5 OpenBeta

17:34:53 - Auto-install could not complete for DCSversion 2.5

17:34:53 - Executing automatic lua code installation.

17:34:53 - License: PRO

17:34:53 - Plugin version 2.5.2 build 180510-01

17:34:53 - Initializing..

17:34:53 - Press LCtrl+LAlt+C for config.

17:34:53 - VAICOM PRO for DCS World. License: PRO

17:34:53 - Plugin support enabled.

17:34:53 - Unable to enable speech recognition. Make sure your mic is plugged in and enabledthrough sound properties.

How can I get Voice attack to see DCS World on my H:drive and C: drive for the saved games without going through manual installeverytime I get an update?

Spider

Honorable Discharge

US Navy CVN-69 76-82

Pilot

Hey Spider

VA generates this error at your startup

Unable to enable speech recognition. Make sure your mic is plugged in and enabled through sound properties.

This prevents the plugin from launching normally. You'll need to check your Windows control panel for speech reconition and make sure that a working mic device is set up for it.

Once that error is out of the way VA should boot OK and the plugin auto-installer can do the rest.

BTW your plugin version is not the latest, get 2.5.4 here

https://www.vaicompro.com/downloads.html

@tailfin :thumbup:

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

Can someone tell me what the BCN blinking on my voicom radio display means ???

I have an issue. its seems like when I do a DCS replay, it's calling the comms menu according to thins blinking during live play.

thanks

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

Hey guys. Not a bug in current version, it's just the standard recipe again: get the latest plugin version, and CAREFULLY inspect the five lua files from manual page 33 if you get no response in DCS.

Remove all VAICOM code blocks ( there could be doubles left from previous installs) and restart VA. Alternatively remove the lua files completely and run a DCS repair.

Redtail got his chatter fixed, also using the above steps.

Indeed, thanks again.

Separate issue:

For some reason, I can't contact the Stennis 127.5 FM (or any other freq) via VA/VC. In the mission editor, I have manually set the ships frequency.

Still no luck. Is this a bug?

~Redtail~

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@redtail Perhaps related to the new beacon (BCN) function that serves as a data interface heartbeat.

I'm looking into a potential bug atm where in certain circumstances (JTAC, ATC,..) it seems this can interfere with easy comms off.

Working on a solution and will come back on it.

Thanks

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

Hey Spider

VA generates this error at your startup

This prevents the plugin from launching normally. You'll need to check your Windows control panel for speech reconition and make sure that a working mic device is set up for it.

Once that error is out of the way VA should boot OK and the plugin auto-installer can do the rest.

BTW your plugin version is not the latest, get 2.5.4 here

https://www.vaicompro.com/downloads.html

@tailfin :thumbup:

Aside from the update download, It went to the wrong directory, I'll fix that later. Here is the complete issue, with a mic hook up, same problem I've had from the start.

My set up RAID 0,

C:\ is the root directory with saved games under my Microsoft sign in.

H:\ is my SSD game drive " I have DCS world, DCS Beta etc under Eagle Dynamics root directory.

This is the debug log as per your instructions:

09:07:50 - Plugin 'VAICOM PRO 2.5' initialized.

09:07:50 - Ready for commands.

09:07:50 - Startup finished.

09:07:50 - Chatter start.

09:07:50 - Chatter initialized.

09:07:50 - Resources added.

09:07:50 - Adding chatter resources.. RedFlag

09:07:50 - Chatter theme set to RedFlag

09:07:50 - Adding themepack collections

09:07:50 - Current profile string does not match database.

09:07:50 - Exported aliases to keywords.txt, keyword count = 480

09:07:50 - No new DCS modules to import.

09:07:50 - Success.

09:07:50 - Building master labels table...

09:07:50 - Building master keywords table...

09:07:50 - Adding 0 imported menu commands.

09:07:50 - Setting ATC Shiraz International Airport as recipient Shiraz International Airport 15825

09:07:50 - Setting ATC Kerman Airport as recipient Kerman Airport 15823

09:07:50 - Setting ATC Al Dhafra AB as recipient Al Dhafra AB 15821

09:07:50 - Setting ATC Al Maktoum Intl as recipient Al Maktoum Intl 15819

09:07:50 - Setting ATC Sirri Island as recipient Sirri Island 15817

09:07:50 - Setting ATC Al Minhad AB as recipient Al Minhad AB 15815

09:07:50 - Setting ATC Dubai Intl as recipient Dubai Intl 15813

09:07:50 - Setting ATC Abu Musa Island Airport as recipient Abu Musa Island Airport 15812

09:07:50 - Setting ATC Sharjah Intl as recipient Sharjah Intl 15810

09:07:50 - Setting ATC Fujairah Intl as recipient Fujairah Intl 15808

09:07:50 - Setting ATC Bandar Abbas Intl as recipient Bandar Abbas Intl 15806

09:07:50 - Setting ATC Khasab as recipient Khasab 15805

09:07:50 - Setting ATC CG-60 Normandy as recipient CG-60 Normandy 15803

09:07:50 - Setting ATC CVN-74 John C. Stennis as recipient CVN-74 John C. Stennis 15801

09:07:50 - Adding 26 imported ATCs.

09:07:50 - Imported menu items

09:07:50 - Loading F10 menu items...

09:07:50 - Loading keywords database...

09:07:50 - Updating keywords database...

09:07:50 - Checking VA profile.

09:07:50 - please follow the steps on page 33 of the User Manual for manual .lua files installation.

09:07:50 - If you have used a non-standard installation path outside of Program Files/Eagle Dynamics

09:07:50 - Config: no DCS World installation was automatically detected on this machine.

09:07:50 - Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

09:07:50 - Auto-install could not complete for DCS version 2.2 OpenAlpha

09:07:50 - Auto-install could not complete for DCS version 2.5 OpenBeta

09:07:50 - Auto-install could not complete for DCS version 2.5

09:07:50 - Executing automatic lua code installation.

09:07:50 - License: PRO

09:07:50 - Plugin version 2.5.2 build 180510-01

09:07:50 - Initializing..

09:07:50 - Press LCtrl+LAlt+C for config.

09:07:50 - VAICOM PRO for DCS World. License: PRO

09:07:49 - Plugin support enabled.

If you notice the program can not find my DCS World to connect with Viacom pro even though Voice Attack is on the same H:. The only time I got it to partially work was when I did a technical manual install. Since DCS World updates every two weeks or so, things have become rather complicated to say the least. How can I get this program to acknowledge my Dcs install and hook up. I absolutely love it when it works.

Thanks abain,

Spider

Hey Spider

Replace your vaicompro.dll with the latest download from the website (2.5.4) and try again.

Make sure VA is running as administrator (check the Compatibility tab in VA's shortcut properties).

The plugin uses Windows registry to automatically determine the DCS install paths.

DCS version updates over time have not always kept the Windows Registry entries valid: have a look at post #805 and onwards for some useful ideas on workarounds for that.

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

@redtail Perhaps related to the new beacon (BCN) function that serves as a data interface heartbeat.

I'm looking into a potential bug atm where in certain circumstances (JTAC, ATC,..) it seems this can interfere with easy comms off.

Working on a solution and will come back on it.

Thanks

Ok sounds good. I guess in the interim, I'll have to call up the boat via the menu system (yuk):lol:

Sometimes when trying to contact the ship, I'll hear my pilot call some weird name that doesn't appear to be an actual airfield on the map.

Looking forward to an update, thanks.

~Redtail~

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]