cant connect to Servers

• ED Team
choose words wisely your posting rights might get revoked :/

Rules are at the top of the forum, it is all about being polite and respectful, then there is no issues. :)

If you guys can post your logs and dxdiag, what security software you are using and if you are on an ipv4 or ipv6 connection I will do my best to help you.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

No windows defender should be ok, I use it as well.

just make sure DCS.exe is allowed inbound and out bound in your windows firewall

Edited by BIGNEWY

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

I will speak with the team in the morning, I know others are having the same issues.

For some refreshing the server list a few times works, but not for everyone.

Just strange it is not effecting all

I've been having exactly the same problem, and I've indeed tried all the possible workarounds (including disabling literally every single firewall everywhere); I made a post on Reddit about it.

It seems to be affecting a small amount of people, but it's directly linked to the latest update. My two cents is that it might have something to do with slow connections and the timeout being too small? Just a guess.

I would implore ED to really prioritize this, because while it's not affecting everybody, those it does affect basically cannot play the game. I haven't been able to play on any of my regular servers for over three days now.

I will speak with the team in the morning, I know others are having the same issues. For some refreshing the server list a few times works, but not for everyone.

Just strange it is not effecting all

#me_too

#annoyed

I don't know what's wrong and why it happens from time to time (at least seldom, thank god), but this update 1.5.8. is not the best one. Guys, really, what is the matter? Is it Microsoft who makes your life hard (Windows Update), or is it time pressure, or lack of testers? I really hope that the code is not "exploding" somehow, which - after fixing one bug - opens two others.

Just to make clear what is going on here on my side (maybe speaking for others):

A few months ago somewhere in a forum I stated that I really hope the guys around DCS invest more efforts in bug fixing / testing and not in creating new modules. Otherwise people will get annoyed and will probably leave DCS (or at least think twice before buying a new module - this relates at least to me personally). Things must be said, and I think everyone here was polite, but frustrated due to the low quality of the product in this state. This is definitely to be understood as criticism, and as a customer I (and others also of course) have the right to state that I am /they are not happy with the product. How else would you learn what is going on on the customers side? Guys, this is the most important feedback you can get, and this should help you in understanding the urgency and also in making correct and fast decisions. I really hope that nobody at your side is to blame customers for beeing honest with what they are feeling about an - obviously - buggy product (forum rules hin oder her).

I know im on border, However i will tell people how it is, And if im wrong i always say sorry :thumbup:

The same counts for me, and I really appreciate your input coxy_99!

You cannot be wrong in telling people how you feel about, thus there is no reason for a sorry.

As a pilot, I learned to be critically about things surrounding me all the time, and if I was wrong with what I was saying I had to adjust myself. This is how I understand my working field.

OK, this is a computer game and not aviation, but they have my money and I dont have a working product ... :music_whistling:

I am not using Windows Firewall, use ESET with the exception for the DCS folder, and I didn't change any settings on my router or my Windows configuration. DCS simply doesn't work.

Edited by TOViper

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

• 1 month later...

Same problem here. A few days ago I changed my rig from laptop to desktop, now despite of good fps I have no chance to log in any server... I have to try like 6 times and when I finally get into one is a lot buggy and eventually get back on the main page. I have to mention that on laptop I didn't have this issue that bad... It didnt work very good, I had to connect like two times but managed to get into a server, now is simply impossible. This issue should be solved prior to any other thing in my opinion.

I had the same issue today. Kicked back to the Main Menu screen if I'm lucky.

I refreshed the MP screen once, and it did not work. Kicked to the Main Menu.

I then loaded up a short mission in the ME and it worked just fine.

Then, ( all the while never completely shutting down DCS) I refreshed the MP screen 3 times and I finally had success. I never tried the LALT-ENTER trick.

Edit:

I refreshed the server list multiple times, no success. ( 1 refresh, shut down DCS, 2 refresh, shut down DCS... up to three.)

Mission Editor to MP, no refresh... nothing.

Finally, I refreshed the screen 3 times, joined a server and crashed, waited until the Main Menu to show up, do not shut down DCS, then I was able to log into MP.

Some things to note;

No crash/dump log. (Saved Games/DCSopenBeta/logs)

Running from an HDD.

104th server, every time. I tried a different one but that was a software crash. Op_Longbow has some serious work into it.

Possible Ram??

Edited by Mecrutio

Gigabyte Tech. 990FXA-UD3, AMD FX-8350 8 Core, 16 Gig RAM @ 2200 Mhz, Radeon X480, Oculus Rift

• 2 weeks later...

The game seems to have a memory leak. My ram goes all the way up to 16Gigs which is my max while trying to connect to the server and then the game crashes. only people beyond the 16Gigs of ram will have this game woring. I refuse to keep buying more ram every few releases because of just this game

Ive had to put DCS down its beyond a joke Stable is not even stable, There many more issues, More issues than good points right now.

LOL..... I'm kind of on the fence with DCS right now. I still come back to see what the updates are bringing. I take flights off line just for fun every week or so.

I know it'll all get sorted out and fixed down the road, but sometimes it's best just to put it down for a while. Especially when the frustration sets in. THAT'S when people start getting their rights taken.

No windows defender should be ok, I use it as well.

just make sure DCS.exe is allowed inbound and out bound in your windows firewall

I always completely turn off all virus protection when I fly DCS. Thus far it has done nothing to make the server issue any better.

It's all good.......they'll figure it out.

... My ram goes all the way up to 16Gigs which is my max while trying to connect to the server and then the game crashes. only people beyond the 16Gigs of ram will have this game woring. ...

+1

Same here

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1