DCS 2.5 Freezes

MAD-MM

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ED Team
when i attempt to start dcs the loading appear but stopping everytime at 55% and freeze

i no have mod installed, and i use only one screen

what i can do?

Hi

please add your dcs.log we may find some clues ( guide in my signature )

also take a look here

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/980/

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
i have find a problem inside:

saved games/mission editor/default coalitions.lua

if i remove that file dcs start normally.

If it has been modified it will create a problem

removing all unofficial mods and running a cleanup and repair should help

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
Update 4 with Hotfix. See logs attached.

Black screen and nothing happens at the end of a SP mission. Game should have loaded the debriefing screen after selecting quit at mission end.

Please remove any unofficial modifications

and then do a cleanup and repair

if that does not help delete your me_aircraft.lua

MissionEditor/modules/me_aircraft.lua

and run a repair

it should help

018-03-17 18:12:46.992 ERROR Lua::Config: Call error onShowMainInterface:[string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_aircraft.lua"]:2083: attempt to index field 'group' (a nil value)

stack traceback:

[C]: ?

[string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_aircraft.lua"]:2083: in function 'onSpinUnitOf'

[string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_aircraft.lua"]:1716: in function 'verifySingleInFlight'

[string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_aircraft.lua"]:738: in function 'changeType'

[string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_aircraft.lua"]:1189: in function 'setType'

[string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_aircraft.lua"]:1084: in function 'changeCountry'

[string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_aircraft.lua"]:1568: in function 'fillCountries'

[string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_aircraft.lua"]:1522: in function 'updateCountries'

[string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_mission.lua"]:1492: in function 'load'

[string "./MissionEditor/MissionEditor.lua"]:558: in function 'prepareMissionPath'

[string "./MissionEditor/MissionEditor.lua"]:669: in function <[string "./MissionEditor/MissionEditor.lua"]:662>.

Thanks for the hint.

Don't have any mods, except some skins.

Second try was succesful, debriefing was okay. But log contains error lines as seen below. So will try deleting me_aircraft.lua and doing a repair. Log also states problems with me_route.lua and me_mission.lua. Can I also delete them and do the repair?

Once I had problem with changed coalition settings.

Can changing some units (copy & paste) within the mission cause some ME problems? Sometimes ME won't let me save changes. It recognizes changes, but hitting the save disk symbol does nothing, except that this symbol is highlighted.

Thanks.

edit:

Renamed the three files and did a repair.

Compared the new files with the renamed but they are identical.

The mission I used comes from 1.5.8 but was changed and saved with 2.5 Could this be a problem?

Edited by gulredrel

• ED Team
Thanks for the hint.

Don't have any mods, except some skins.

Second try was succesful, debriefing was okay. But log contains error lines as seen below. So will try deleting me_aircraft.lua and doing a repair. Log also states problems with me_route.lua and me_mission.lua. Can I also delete them and do the repair?

Once I had problem with changed coalition settings.

Can changing some units (copy & paste) within the mission cause some ME problems? Sometimes ME won't let me save changes. It recognizes changes, but hitting the save disk symbol does nothing, except that this symbol is highlighted.

Thanks.

edit:

Renamed the three files and did a repair.

Compared the new files with the renamed but they are identical.

The mission I used comes from 1.5.8 but was changed and saved with 2.5 Could this be a problem?

Yes it is a problem with older missions.

Apologies I have been a little busy, I have reported this issue to ED already

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=202995&highlight=me_aircraft.lua&page=3

Been struggling with this issue since the 2.5 update...BUMMER!

But the 3 camera solution seems to have worked for me, the only problem is the mfd exporter I use (A-10 Virtual cockpit Server) essentially sets your gaming screen to 1 camera...so it wasn't my solution.

UNTIL I modified the virtual cockpit server lua file in the MonitorSetup folder found in the main DCS install location to display on 3 screens and so far I have been able to export my MFDs to my fourth screen and run the game with 3 cameras to avoid the freezing. So if anyone was stuck in that pickle like me, that is an option.

This freezing still occurs with the Update 4 in 1 camera.

freezes for me too

I'm getting freezes with sound playing on too. I play on a single monitor in Fullscreen with trackIR and AJS Viggen. On another monitor I have programs and docs. I've tried some of the workaround mentioned above but nothing helped so far(Windowed mode, low graphic settings, nvidia control panel settings, FOV, etc...). RAM usage does not go above 30% (32GB). Freezes occour on Caucasus and Nevada in SP and MP.

Help would be appreciated, Logs attached.

Thx and cheers HuntingSHADOW

Logs.zip

Same issue on a monster system. One monitor. I understand that the developers are working on some complicated issues, and have been for some weeks.

Is it possible to get an update on what is causing this, even if it's not possible to provide an ETA on a fix?

Thank you!

• ED Team

First thing to do is follow this advice, remove any unofficial mods and addons

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=202214

and retest

first load will always take longer

Did the latest update last night after update first thing I did was a update and repair then deleted the 2 files in the Saved Games Folder. Glad to see we got the3D back but we still have the freezing problem. I’m using 3 2560 X 1440 monitors the only way for me to fly a mission without a hard freeze is to set the FOV from 140 to 130. I still get very short freezing but it’s flyable, setting the FOV at 120 is better but the instruments are to close.

13700K, MSI Z690 D4 Edge wifi, Swiftech H360X3 Cooling with Corsair Water Block, Gigabyte 4090 OC, 64gb Trident Z 3600 CL16, Evga 850W G2 power supply, TM Warthog,  MFG Crosswinds Rudder, TrackIR 5, HP Reverb 2, Pimax Crystal

• ED Team
@BIGNEWY

could ED reproduce these kind of freezes ?

They have a hint about the problem/solution with the FOV ...

i know that these errors are very difficult to resolve

if it is not reproducable ...

I am preparing a report for ED at the moment.

thanks

It's too bad that this issue hasn't been resolved yet.

I really want to fly this sim but I just can't. If I move my head too quickly, I'm just inviting a stupid freeze. Granted, this isn't the only thing that causes it nor does it cause it all the time but it sure raises the chances.

I use track IR and I I turn my head too quickly, that is when the freezes happen (most of the time) and it doesn't seem to matter how long or short. I've had it happen TWICE just now just after launching while sitting on the runway.

I have no unofficial mods or addons. Strictly DCS stuff from Steam.

Edited by TynMahn

• ED Team
It's too bad that this issue hasn't been resolved yet.

I really want to fly this sim but I just can't. If I move my head too quickly, I'm just inviting a stupid freeze. Granted, this isn't the only thing that causes it nor does it cause it all the time but it sure raises the chances.

I use track IR and I I turn my head too quickly, that is when the freezes happen (most of the time) and it doesn't seem to matter how long or short. I've had it happen TWICE just now just after launching while sitting on the runway.

I have no unofficial mods or addons. Strictly DCS stuff from Steam.

It is very difficult to reproduce, there are so many systems out there with different hardware and software configurations.

If you have not already attach your dcs.log and system spec it may help the team look into these issues.

thanks

• ED Team
Crashed while trying to connect to Through The Inferno multiplayer server.

i7-4790K @ 4.00, 16GB RAM, GTX 970M Log attached.

try deleting your fxo and metashader folder in your saved games DCS.Openbeta folder

then join a quiet server first allow plenty of time for the shaders to load, this can take 5 minutes + the first time.

try deleting your fxo and metashader folder in your saved games DCS.Openbeta folder

then join a quiet server first allow plenty of time for the shaders to load, this can take 5 minutes + the first time.

Thanks, that seemed to work. I'd deleted those folders previously, but not since the most recent updates.

Valve Index | RTX 3070 Ti (Mobile) | i7-12700H @ 2.7GHz | 16GB RAM

• ED Team
Thanks, that seemed to work. I'd deleted those folders previously, but not since the most recent updates.

Good to hear. :thumbup: