Scale of Speedtrees in 2.5

Seems like there is ample choice of trees, buildings and mountains to smash into on this map. Outstanding Right? :D

Here's a link to a photo of Tbilisi

Another of Tbilisi

Where are you finding the really tall trees? The tallest I have found so far in the Huey is about 90 something feet. :cry:

• Like 1

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

No. City centers in these areas in real life aren't a massive infestation of old giant trees.

I was refering to FORESTS as HiJack mentioned...but even cities,while I agree about trees size, I cant see the problem about having many trees...there are MANY trees in cities within the streets, and buildings just like it is now in 2.5, just they are too big imho but thr number shouldnt be an issue...I would even use some more or even much more if performance werent a concern.

Take a look at my MODS here

Real life forest are VERY dense...I think the sim is very realistic in that regard, huge improvement over the previous version of the caucasus imho.

Yes huge improvements I agree, I just thought that there were to many huge tree areas with not even a track for livestock through the woods. Or even a dirt road, no, nothing, just dense forest. :( OK the vehicles drives straight through the trees but I would much more prefer the units to follow a dirt road/track through the woods. I know the tracks are there in Georgia :)

• Like 1

I think one thing that is affecting more about the speed effects and looks, are lack of fine terrain soil changes (still all are around about same texture) and trees are very thick (wide) and so huge areas are covered close by with either similar or mixed trees with few different models.

I would like to see less trees, not much but maybe a 20-30% reduction, by adding small open areas, blotches of same kind trees among others (so example in autumn season not all trees are either mixed or same), make the trees narrower, as now they just mostly look all being 3:2 by size (height and width) by experience and then add a texture alteration depending height etc (possible mod later on that texture thing).

If we get more small open areas etc, it will add the speed effect but as well clutter to ground, and as less trees are drawn, it should as well improve performance somewhat.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

ok, here is a comparison in height regarding the new SpeedTrees and the old edm Models.. (don't mind the quality). Some are a lil taller, some smaller, some the same so lets squash this. :thumbup:

Someone got any news where the SpeedTree Model files alre located and if, what type of file are they?? I think now we got real woods, still not enough Trees around Airbases in my Opinion..:(

screen_180211_174647.jpg

screen_180211_174558.jpg

screen_180211_174534.jpg

If all real wars could only be fought in DCS.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

The trees in my apartment complex are over 3 stories tall, and they're puny shrubby things. I live in town, in Fort Worth. Methinks you all need to go outside more, take a trip outside the concrete jungle and check out those big green things. Go to a park. The scale of the trees are fine.

In town, you'd have more variety, though, at least in the West, more shrubs, hedges, etc. There's not a lot of that. But then, this is Eastern Europe, too. My time in Ukraine, most the trees I saw in Kiev and Nikolaev were fairly normal size (i.e. big) trees.

This ain't downtown London or Paris, guys.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

.. Methinks you all need to go outside more, take a trip outside the concrete jungle and check out those big green things. Go to a park. The scale of the trees are fine.

Going for a hike in the woods this weekend. Will climb some of the largest green things I can find :)

• 3 months later...

Does this mod work with DCS 2.5 ?

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

Does this mod work with DCS 2.5 ?

there is no such mod....:music_whistling:

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

I mean, the modified. LUA file...

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

• 1 year later...

Don't think so, unfortunately

Sense of speed sucks, especially on the Caucasus map

When I fly at 400 kn, low level, it feels like 200 knots...