DCS Ground Power

Chic

I'm assuming DCS Ground Power is always DC (not AC) by default.

Anybody know differently?

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

I understand that the external power is always AC and within the plane it goes trough a rectifier to power the DC bus. For example check description on page 94 of the F-5 DCS Manual.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600 - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia RTX2080 - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

In Mi-8 it's both at the same time, so I would presume both of you are right and we're just getting a generic "magic" ground APU device which provides whatever you need for the module you're in at the moment.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

I understand that with the RL Mi8, EXT AC power connects with to the Main Generator Busses. EXT DC power connects to the Rectifier Busses.

I need to take a closer look but it appears that DCS Mi8 doesn't care which of the EXT POWER source switches (AC or DC) is engaged for normal operation.

Guess Art-J's magical APU is the answer.

Thank you.

EDIT: It looks like DCS lets you select which Current via the corresponding EXT POWER Switches.

For example; the Rectifiers are appropriately called for when EXT POW AC is selected.

Edited by Chic

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

Just like the aircraft refuel will always get you the right fuel, no matter if your plane runs on Jet-A, Avgas or German Synthetic Fuel vintage '45. :)

As the DCS Mi-8 manual states, both AC and DC are connected at the same time. In real life these are separate plugs and of course require different generators.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil WarBRD, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Just like the aircraft refuel will always get you the right fuel, no matter if your plane runs on Jet-A, Avgas or German Synthetic Fuel vintage '45. :)

As the DCS Mi-8 manual states, both AC and DC are connected at the same time. In real life these are separate plugs and of course require different generators.

That means if ED ever decides to make a real GPU for DCS, we would have two noisy generators around the Mi-8 in case we need AC and DC at the same time for whatever reason :D

Thankfully we can close those windows...

Interesting.

Thanks.

JUST CHOPPERS