Su-27 / Su-33 - HUD - Relative target altitude no numbers

Falcon_S

No numbers on the real Su-27 HUD for vertical radar scale.

Take a look at the Su-27SK manual HUD pics in BVR.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Numbers are gone for me, too, except the negatives starting from -10

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance
"Nun siegt mal schön!" - Theodor Heuss, September 1958

"Nobody has any intention of building a wall." - Walter Ulbricht, June 1961
"Russia has no plans to invade either Ukraine or any other country.
" - Vladimir Chizhov, Russia's ambassador to the EU, January 2022

If ED published a detailed change log they would save everyones time, especially their own, from having to post and read through "bugs" that are infact intended "features"

If they've removed it on purpose because the real HUD doesnt have it thats fine. But will they model the real pilots alternative? And if so, why keep the -10 and beyond range?

Not taking the time to publish a detailed changelog is a huge false economy.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

I agree. If something has changed, it should be in a change log. It's not that we all have to know everything, but at least we can follow the improvements.

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

Is not an issue. Is a change to reflect how the real HUD show info.

The issue is that is not in the changelog.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Is not an issue. Is a change to reflect how the real HUD show info.

I think it's the issue. Here are numbers from -10...

So, HUD is partially broken or only trying to simulate real HUD partially. Anyways, it's not nearly to the real one.

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

No numbers on the real Su-27 HUD for vertical radar scale.

In real Su-27 and Su-33 there are numbers for antena elevation and is automatic +/-4 as we see in video. ;)

First: This is a Su-27SM not the former Su-27 we have in FC3.

Second: The "automatic +/-4" is not radar elevation at all. Is the radar scan pattern. The Su-27 radar "image" is composed of 4 swepts from left to right, right to left in a box pattern forming the radar scan.

air_042a_1.gif

This indication is in the lower right corner of the HUD not in the right side. As you can see in the video in the right side there is a vertical bar indicating where the radar is pointed in the vertical axis. No numbers at all in the whole video.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone. So you mean since 2003 was wrong?

Has anyone tested repeat HUD in MFD? There in the MFD everything is normal even the numbers of vertical elevation. I would very much like to get a response from some ED member, please.

First: This is a Su-27SM not the former Su-27 we have in FC3.....

N001 Myech | KnAAPO Su-27S, Su-27SK, Irkut/KnAAPO Su-27UBK/PU,Irkut Su-30K | Russia, China, Indonesia, Vietnam

N011 | KnAAPO Su-27K/Su-35 | Russia

http://www.ausairpower.net/APA-Flanker-Radars.html

"M" does not mean a revolution. So, if "K" means Корабельный, that confirms that there is no revolutionary change either between Su27/33 and Su35 radar. The differences may be in strength distance. The logic and mode of operation is about the same.

Second: The "automatic +/-4" is not radar elevation at all. Is the radar scan pattern.

Of course is patern. Can scan +/- automatic or manual but that is connected to altitude (elevation). Maybe three/four steps. In video we can hear:" више три..". If scan +3 that not mean -1 is not in scan zone as is in DCS. However...

- In DCS we need to do +/-15 steps

- In DCS on HUD numbers 0-15 UP and 0 to -9 are JUST HIDEN (nothing improved to simulate real one) and -10 to -15 VISIBLE (sluggish and frivolous)

- In DCS on HUD repeater all +/-15 numbers are VISIBLE. (So, what to say about this?)

The main question is: Is this BUG or how it should be?

The video is for a Su-27SM. PERIOD.

The own video title says SM.

I´ve never said anything about revolutionary perfomance. Is a question about HUD info representation and about vertical radar position with numbers on the right side or not in real SU-27S. As far as i know and reading the Su-27SK manual ( K for EXPORT not for carrier based ) there is no numbers on the right side of the HUD for vertical radar position.

And there are estimated distance to the target indication on the HUD bottom.

JCpOaf9.jpg

100 estimated distance sended from a Ground station. "3", radar scan pattern. third pass.

Zx0ThD9.jpg

40 estimated distance using the throttle wheel. What the manual describes as HPO or incomplete support, because the pilot is gueesing the distance by himself and not with support from ground station data.

Both cases NO VERTICAL NUMBER on the right side for radar position

And please dont use that garbage pot web site. Is not healthy.

Edited by Esac_mirmidon

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I´ve never said anything about revolutionary perfomance. Is a question about HUD info representation and about vertical radar position with numbers on the right side or not in real SU-27S. As far as i know and reading the Su-27SK manual ( K for EXPORT not for carrier based ) there is no numbers on the right side of the HUD for vertical radar position.

K - special version for China. :)

Not for all countries.

MB: MPG-Z390 GP / i7 9700KF 4,8 ГГц / DDR4 64 Gb 3466 МГц / GTX 2080Super / Acer 43" ET430KWMIIQPPX 4k / Win 10

Podp_39_Su-27-45.png

S means "Sereeynyy" Serial production

K means "kommehrcheskiy" commercial or export version.

In this case for China

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

S means "Sereeynyy" Serial production

True.

K means "kommehrcheskiy" commercial or export version.

In this case for China

False.

In this case, it's exclusively about Su-27 for China. Russian "K" = Китай. In english - China.

This is a special case.

MB: MPG-Z390 GP / i7 9700KF 4,8 ГГц / DDR4 64 Gb 3466 МГц / GTX 2080Super / Acer 43" ET430KWMIIQPPX 4k / Win 10

Podp_39_Su-27-45.png

The video is for a Su-27SM. PERIOD.

Both cases NO VERTICAL NUMBER on the right side for radar position

It's unquestionable. But it's not the answer to this:

- In DCS we need to do +/-15 steps

- In DCS on HUD numbers 0-15 UP and 0 to -9 are JUST HIDEN (nothing improved to simulate real one) and -10 to -15 VISIBLE (sluggish and frivolous)

- In DCS on HUD repeater all +/-15 numbers are VISIBLE. (So, what to say about this?)

The main question is: Is this BUG or how it should be?

N001 Myech | KnAAPO Su-27S, Su-27SK, Irkut/KnAAPO Su-27UBK/PU,Irkut Su-30K | Russia, China, Indonesia, Vietnam

Su-27S - Russian AF version.

Su-27SK - export version of the same aircraft.

Su-27UB - Russian two-seat combat-trainer version.

Su-27UBK - export version of the same aircraft.

Su-27PU = Su-30 - Russian two-seat interceptor version(modified -UB)

Su-30K - export version of the same aircraft.

Su-27K = Su-33 - naval version(in this case "K" stands for "Корабельный")

But its correct that they all use the same basic N001 radar.

The Su-27SM is an upgrade to the Su-27S and has an upgraded WCS and radar(N001VE), with an extra air-to-air mode for the RVV-AE compatibility and several air-to-surface modes. So Esac_mirmidon is right that a video of the Su-27SM HUD cannot be used directly for determining details for the "baseline" Su-27S HUD.

N011 | KnAAPO Su-27K/Su-35 | Russia

Su-27M = Su-35

Originally fitted with the N011 planar slotted array radar, which has nothing what so ever in common with the N001. The N011 later formed the basis of the N011M "Bars" (passive phased array) radar - first tested on Su-27M/Su-35 prototypes and later installed in the Su-30MKI for India.

"M" does not mean a revolution.

Actually it does - the "M" suffix usually denotes either a new advanced version or a thorough upgrade involving advanced technology.

So, if "K" means Корабельный..

The "K" suffix has been used both for denoting a navalised and an export variant, but as mentioned above the "K" suffix is incorrect in connection with the Su-35 - the original designation was "Su-27M".

.. that confirms that there is no revolutionary change either between Su27/33 and Su35 radar. The differences may be in strength distance. The logic and mode of operation is about the same.

There is definitely a revolutionary change from the N001 to the N011 - they are completely different radars!

Edited by Alfa

JJ

False.

In this case, it's exclusively about Su-27 for China. Russian "K" = Китай. In english - China.

This is a special case.

No it isn't.

Another example:

Su-30MKK - first "K" is for "commercial/export", while second "K" is for "Китай"(China).

Su-30MKI - first "K" is for "commercial/export", while "I" is for "India"

Edited by Alfa

JJ