updating models of older modules

berk.kp

Are there any plans to update the models of the Su-25, -25T and Ka-50?

The models are kind of outdated and deserve to be updated to Su-27 or MiG-29 standard. Especially a new Su-25T model would attracts lots of new players, and the Ka-50 being one of the oldest DCS World modules which is pretty much perfect really deserves a new model.

If I recall correctly the ka 50 was updated with the black shark2 not long ago.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Are there any plans to update the models of the Su-25, -25T and Ka-50?

The models are kind of outdated and deserve to be updated to Su-27 or MiG-29 standard. Especially a new Su-25T model would attracts lots of new players, and the Ka-50 being one of the oldest DCS World modules which is pretty much perfect really deserves a new model.

New and updated 3D models has been added by ED with any version change. To see the list of them, check the unofficial roadmap here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116893

+++

For me any outdated model regardless of what it is module or otherwise should ideally be updated so everything is at more or less the same high standard.

Personally, I don't mind paying a small fee for it if needs be, so long as you own the module. Or even paid upgrade packs that improve upon current assets.

I know it may take time, but we are currently seeing lots of WIP development of entirely new units, that aren't part of the WWII asset pack. But for me updating of older assets should in my opinion take precedence over completely new ones, and new features should take precedence over both. Obviously I'm grateful for anything, it just it feels like the older models and older assets be they aircraft, ground units, watercraft or buildings are being forgotten...

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, F-4E, Mi-24P, AJS 37, AV-8B N/A, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

• ED Team

ED will get to all of them I am sure, but it does take time, and needs to fit in with other high priority tasks.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, PIMAX Crystal