VR issues with minigun

ST0RM

Manning the gunner position using VR, when I look aft toward the tail, the entire back end of the helo is not rendered. And it appears that my placement is too far forward on the gun.

Lastly, I flew a test hop against some static trucks and after 10 passes with multiple hits, none of the trucks burned. Are the rounds just that ineffective?

Thanks! Love the new variant.

Experiencing the same behaviors reported above here.

Also:

The minigun does not seem to damage certain vehicles at all. The OSA 9A33 SA-8 for instance. You can put all 4000 rounds into one with no effect.

I'll say it's GREAT fun in multicrew. It has a bit of aiming lag but we have been really enjoying it so far.

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Have fun. Don't suck. Kill bad guys. 👍

https://discord.gg/blacksharkden/

Here's a video showing the minigun use with Oculus.

Either we don't see the tail of the helicopter or some people will complain about poor fps, we have to make a choice at some point.

Edited by Pat01

It's simply an optimization to make things faster. If it's not visible in the gunners normal position, I wouldn't care. In the MI-8 you get something similar, as pilot stand up and have a look from the outside on your helo. The skin on the outside is missing. I guess, with a little more clipping logic, it would be possible to implement it, so you can have the complete helo available. As this means additional implementation work, I would prefer other bugs fixed first.

German Squadron "Serious Uglies"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Skyfire

Intel 10700K | SSD for system and DCS | 32 Gb RAM | Gigabyte Aorus RTX 3080 | HP Reverb G2

When you are in the Gunner Position, lean forward, then press Numpad 5. After leaning back, you in the Position, as seen in Pats Video.

You can also adjust Headposition in Options. :)

You can readjust it a little bit, but there's no way to get it that far back unless I move the monitor out of the way.

The best you can do with this technique is moving the eotech sight about even with your chin.

And then when you switch back to the pilot, you'll be flying from the back seat.

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Have fun. Don't suck. Kill bad guys. 👍

https://discord.gg/blacksharkden/

You can readjust it a little bit, but there's no way to get it that far back unless I move the monitor out of the way.

The best you can do with this technique is moving the eotech sight about even with your chin.

And then when you switch back to the pilot, you'll be flying from the back seat.

I'm not sure if this is what you've tried out already and is limited, but using RCTL+RSHIFT+NumPad / and RCTL+RSHIFT+NumPad * (IIRC) should move your head position back and forward, without needing to lean anywhere. You should also be able to save the head position with another key combination (RCTRL+RAlt+Enter??) for future use.

i9-9900K @ 5.1GHz | MSI Ventus 3X OC RTX3090 24GB | 64GB 3200MHz DDR4 | Asus ROG Strix Z390-E | Asus Xonar DGX 5.1 Sound Card | Virpil T50CM2 base w/ F/A-18C / A-10C / Virpil T50CM2 Grip | WinWing Super Taurus Throttle | MFG pedals | TekCreations Hornet UFC, Landing Panel, Right Console | WinWing Hornet Combat Ready Panel | Buddy Fox UFC | Foxx Mount | 3 x TM Cougar MFD | HP Reverb G2 | Wacom Intuos S (with VRK) | Honeycomb Alpha Yoke | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | CH Fighter Stick Pro & Throttle | MS Sidewinder 2 FFB | Track IR 5 | Oculus Rift CV1

善く戦う者は、まず勝つべからざるを為して、以て敵の勝つべきを待つ。

You can also double cick the mouse scroll wheel and then roll it backwards to adjust your eyepoint as well. A little easier to do then trying to hit the key commands in VR. When your satisfied double click it again to deactivate it. You will of courservice have to save that view point after you're done.

Win 10 Pro - Intel I7 12700k@4.9ghz water cooled - ASUS TUF Z690 -EVGA RTX 3080 12G Hybrid - EVGA 1000W PSU - 32GB 3200 G-Skill XMP- Reverb G2 -Custom mip and side panels - Leo Bodnar  BBI32x2, BBI64x4 - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFD's x 3 - TM TPR pedals