Mavericks still not working. Not selectable via Stores page.

Rhinozherous

Hello!

I thought I could finaly train with the mavs... but now I cant select it on the stores page. It shows WPN FAIL and just not selects when I push the according button. See screen.

2018--11--05-000133.thumb.png.c2d3cff2746632b178a51e0eb1c96747.png

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Just fired two of them on an MP server.

Click A2G mode. Click IRMV. Wait until the weapon indicates RDY on the stores page. You can now de-sellect IRMV and go back to NAV mode if desired. To select them again for use: Click A2G mode, then click IRMV on the stores page.

Oh well, bugger :doh:

Thank you guys, I have overseen this important "detail".

Is there a way to delete such shameful posts? :music_whistling:

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

hi i know absolutely nothing about this airplane and i refuse to read any documentation pertaining to it therefore i am certain this must be a bug

Not my quote but it made me think of it :D

Lesson learned the hard way ;)

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

I figured out the A/G mode but I found that I could not designate a target with the TDC Down (action) button. I moved the TDC button to the left and the target designater suddenly appeared where it was on the HUD. I don't think this was written very clearly. Suffice it to say, the TDC Down button did not function as it should - or at least, how it used to.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I figured out the A/G mode but I found that I could not designate a target with the TDC Down (action) button. I moved the TDC button to the left and the target designater suddenly appeared where it was on the HUD. I don't think this was written very clearly. Suffice it to say, the TDC Down button did not function as it should - or at least, how it used to.

I's function the same way it worked since harrier came out.

I can use my mavs ... 0 problems here

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit

I got the Mavs to shoot alright, and kill a tank. I am just not seeing the same functionality of the buttons from before. I went into the controls page to confirm that none of my key assignments had changed with the patch and they had not.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

yeah, not as before i agree. only in TDC does work for me only in INS mode

additionally i had the problem that i was just able to use the mavs video for the first pass (multiplayer)

after one dead the mavs video was stuck on the target i had fired 30min before 120nm away, unable to designate to a new target,

and selecting the MAVS and deselecting them is changing the reflections on the MFD from reflective to crystal clear

@Zeus67

Edited by FoxDelta

I find that the osb buttons do not select them anymore, but using the lower pilon selects work, they do fire ok but you need to check on procedure as it has changed slightly, and it seems that you have to select one mav at a time not the whole lot....saying that maybe the switch for pairs or something I didn't try

Not my quote but it made me think of it :D

Lesson learned the hard way ;)

The thing is, I always read the docs and I am absolute aware how A/G mode works... I just forgot it on a quick test and feared I have to wait for another Update. Its more a childish impatience thing :D

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Just did some testing and I couldn't get the mav to work either. A/G mode, master arm on, menu-strs-select mav, get 'wpn fail' message. When I uncaged, I could still see seeker image on the target, just no lock. I tried recycle the A/G switch and master arm, pylon select a few times but no joy.

Also observed the lack of 'greasy' reflections when at the strs page.

Also, once when I uncaged after using the TPOD to hook up the target, the left MPCD switched to a static moving map background with mav seeker symbology on top....something's messed up here.

Did a DCS repair, no joy...

edit: retract earlier report that mavs don't lock or fire. I apparently forgot to press TDC action down to lock. Other problems persist though. I now also experienced what others have described about subsequent mavs seekers somehow stuck on the same spot previous mavs locked on to and refused to release. I worked around this by deselecting and selecting mavs on MPCD or the arms station controls.

1973227981_DCS2018-05-1220-21-21-19.thumb.jpg.20c6f13ba07169a4dbe0e951b1bab394.jpg

1937154375_DCS2018-05-1220-28-37-21.thumb.jpg.1d8e4fdbfed235459a8d6b54b3b04deb.jpg

Edited by spetsnaz26
retested and found mavs working sort of

same here. always "wpn fail" message.

I5-7600K@4,8Ghz - G Skill TridentZ 16Gb 3200 CL14 - Aorus GTX 1080TI - Samsung 950 PRO 512GB NVMe M.2 PCIe 3.0 x4 - Lenovo 24'' 1440p - Hotas Warthog - TrackIR 5

DCS 2.5 OB - M2000C - Mig21Bis - A10C - FC3 - AJS37 Viggen - F5E - AV8B N/A - F/A18 C - L 39 Albatros - Bf109 - Spitfire - P51D - Black Shark 2 - Nevada - Persian Gulf - Normandy

+1 on the different reflections in the MFD when selecting mavs

+1 on the moving map issue, i got the moving map once, on left mfd when uncaged the maverick. Agree something is wrong, not totally broken , but does weird things.

+1 on the WPN FAIL msg, always there despite it fires ok

Originally Posted by AG-51_Razor viewpost.gif

What I am seeing with the mavericks is that if I try to launch multiple mavericks (using the DMT TV sensor to spot the targets) at some point pushing Sensor Select AFT no longer puts the DMT into TV mode. It just goes back and forth between INS and LST. The cursor on the HUD gets "stuck" on the last locked point and won't unlock/release with the NWS key and the TV image flashes intermittently in the MPCD.

The first missile is always OK but after that seems unstable. Mavericks seem to work fine with the TPOD.

I think I might have an idea why it's not locking up when using the TPOD, so after a couple of tries I noticed the TPOD isn't handing over to the Mav and the TPOD picture still remains in the MFD.

I'm following the same procedure that I always have when using the mav's so I find the target with the TPOD uncage the seeker head and then press sensor forward to select IRMV but this is where I would expect the picture to swap but it doesn't?? Is there something I am doing wrong or have we come across a new bug???

Having a 'weapons fail' caption on the stores page here. With A2G mode on, and Mavs selected, I'm not getting the 'RDY' status and I can't uncage the missile. That is cold start, refuel and re-arm from the groundcrew menu.

In airstart with the same loadout, the missile will uncage and fire.