Night vision goggle issues in VR

RuskyV

I was doing a few night missions today (sounds weird) and noticed that there seems to be a possible issue with the NVG system in VR.

It appears that it only shows the NVGs to be working in the left eye almost like a monocle set up? combine this with the HUD FLIR (which only seems to work best over water) gives a very trippy experience.

I'm right eye dominant so if ED have introduced a monocle setup and its not in fact a bug is there any way that we can have an option to choose which eye we have it positioned over?

Has anyone else noticed this or can confirm what im seeing is correct?

This is a known issue, reported 2-3 weeks ago.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Well it kind of sucks because any vr user's out there cant very easily do any night missions, if it is a game wide issue then it falls into EDs court and this could be an issue with any module or supporting campaign that might have missions requiring NVG's.

Guess RAZBAM should edit the harrier to AV8B D/A for the time being...

BTW, works fine in 2.5.0.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Just confirming. This issue is still in existence.

Can these please be added to the known bugs for 2.5.2.

I love having a true monocular sight, it's what I'm used to in RL. It would be nice to have the ability to swap sides for those that require it (as in RL too) but don't forget we should have the ability to adjust gain up and down in the AV8B too.

I love having a true monocular sight, it's what I'm used to in RL. It would be nice to have the ability to swap sides for those that require it (as in RL too) but don't forget we should have the ability to adjust gain up and down in the AV8B too.

+1 on all points

Monocular NVGs are not used by Pilots tho.

Please just fix the problem

I7 3930 4.2GHz ( Hyperthreading Off), GTX1080, 16 GB ddr3

Hotas Warthog Saiteck Combat Pedals HTC Vive, Oculus CV1.

GTX 1080 Has its uses

Actually, monocular NVD's are occasionally used, but yes, the majority of pilots use binocular type.

Regardless, I prefer using a monocular as that is what I am used to and there is zero issue flying with one. Personal preference :)

I am curious as to what pilots use Monocular NVG's

The issue would be lack of depth perception for things like close formation flying.

I will admit I have only used binocular NVG's IRL hence the question

I7 3930 4.2GHz ( Hyperthreading Off), GTX1080, 16 GB ddr3

Hotas Warthog Saiteck Combat Pedals HTC Vive, Oculus CV1.

GTX 1080 Has its uses

No personal experience flying with them but if you google "monocular NVG flying" there are instances. Like I said, the vast majority use binocular style. My RL experience is from driving armoured vehicles in Afghanistan when the fish bowl wasn't working. I found depth perception to be a non-issue with them. Using the old style double lense to single tube had shit depth perception..

I'm all for accuracy but like I said, I like the mono too :)

Edited by Spetz