F/A-18 Case I Carrier Recovery Tutorial

I will make sure to announce my video posting on these forums in which case you can subscribe but be warned I have no desire to be a streamer so what that means is I will be posting only a handful of videos in the future.

Some things to make clear I will never discuss: BVR tactics, radar performance, RWR topics or weapon engagement tactics. Those topics are personally too sensitive for me to discuss in public.

Instead I will focus on talking about take off/landings, mid-air refueling, formation flying and general performance characteristics and possibly classic gun's only techniques (that apply to any jet) in my future videos and that's about it.

Great to know, thank you for your time. :thumbup:

Cheers

Jabbers, you S****CK! :D Just kidding, man, this video was friggin' awesome. Very informative and funny at the same time. Yes, I liked all those little jokes too! :) thanks a lot for posting this!

Question: how do you decide whether the airbrakes are needed or not? Are they always in on the final turn? Also, how did you get that LSO grade? Is it a built in feature?

Edited by Reflected

Jabbers, you S****CK! :D Just kidding, man, this video was friggin' awesome. Very informative and funny at the same time. Yes, I liked all those little jokes too! :) thanks a lot for posting this!

Question: how do you decide whether the airbrakes are needed or not? Are they always in on the final turn? Also, how did you get that LSO grade? Is it a built in feature?

Basically just use it, I find I always needed to use it, do whatever it takes to get down to 250 kts. As for the grade, I had a current navy pilot grade it, he was pretty harsh on me, a couple of my entries that I sent him he failed with no grade even though I thought they were pretty good. So when he said OK/FAIR on this one, i was beside myself lol.

Twitch2DCS - Bring twitch chat into DCS.

SplashOneGaming.com - Splash One is a community built on combat flight simulation. S1G Discord

twitch / youtube / facebook / twitter / discord

Really awesome video Jabbers, loved your jokes and was very informative.

However I may ask you a question: How did you get the BRC of the ship? You put the TCN channel in your UFC (55X) and in the HSI in the upper left corner there is just the heading and range to the ship (which is course 332). But the BRC is 353. Did you get them just in the mission editor?

Really awesome video Jabbers, loved your jokes and was very informative.

However I may ask you a question: How did you get the BRC of the ship? You put the TCN channel in your UFC (55X) and in the HSI in the upper left corner there is just the heading and range to the ship (which is course 332). But the BRC is 353. Did you get them just in the mission editor?

Ya F10 map, 332 was the course to the ship, not the ships course. Not sure but i would hope in the future radioing the ship would give you this information.

SplashOneGaming.com - Splash One is a community built on combat flight simulation. S1G Discord

Ya F10 map, 332 was the course to the ship, not the ships course. Not sure but i would hope in the future radioing the ship would give you this information.
Thanks Jabbers. I also hope so, maybe with the new ATC (Air Traffic Control)

Great video. I am very anxious to see how visible the meatball will be in game. Tried this in P3D and FSX and the meatball was useless for my eyes, then again I am just about blind so I am probably screwed.

Worst case zoom in, I do this a bit