TPOD "Point Target" Mode not working for me

Eule

Hi!

I just started to learn the harrier and I like the features of the TPOD. But for me the PT mode (Point Target?) does not work - I cant seem to activate it. Is there a special thing I have to activate before?

:) Thanks!

I don't think is implemented. Not sure if this version had that in RL to be honest. The pod still can guide weapons, just can't track moving targets.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

I'm having the same problem. I remember having it worked out in an instant action mission when I was setting up controls (just got it few days ago), and now that I am in multiplayer, trying to bring it into "live-action" it does not change mode, neither in hts mode nor clicking the obs button ...

I don't think is implemented. Not sure if this version had that in RL to be honest. The pod still can guide weapons, just can't track moving targets.

It is implemented, I am sure. I saw a YouTube Tutorial Video about it :). But I cant find what I am doing wrong.

... I cant find what I am doing wrong.

I've yet to get PT mode on the TPOD myself but the impression I have is - it used to work for air spawns, hot ramp starts, etc. but perhaps not cold starts ?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=202752

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

You don't seem to be able to manually put the TGP into PT mode manually by pressing the OSB button. However, you can get PT mode to work automatically (sometimes).

If you slew over a target (and cross your fingers) it may identify it as a point target and automatically go into PT mode. Or, it may just stay in AREA mode. For me this has been unreliable and fiddly.

When it does work and latches onto a point target, it will follow it's movement as one would expect. I've used LMAV successfully to hit these moving targets.

Hopefully, the AR/PT OSB button will work in future and we'll be able to force PT mode ourselves and get more reliable locks.

3570K w/ 16GB, 1070 w/ 8GB @ 1440p, VKB Gunfighter/MCG-Pro & T-Rudder Mk.IV, CH ProThrottle, TrackIR 5, HTC Vive, UniversRadio, VoiceAttack, TacView Pro, DCS Menu Nav

F/A-18C, F-5E, F-86F, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Ka-50, SA342, P-51D, Spitfire Mk.IX, Bf109, Fw190, FC3, CA, Persian Gulf, NTTR, Normandy, WW2 Assets

The issue is a hot start vs a cold start. As of just before the Hornet came out (haven't flown the Harrier since then), you had to jump into a Harrier that spawned already running if you wanted to get the TPOD to go into the Point mode and track a moving target. It did that beautifully and you could go back to base, even shut down completely and start back up, re-arm and go back out and do it again. If you started the mission in a cold cockpit, it would not work for love nor money. :doh:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The issue is a hot start vs a cold start. As of just before the Hornet came out (haven't flown the Harrier since then), you had to jump into a Harrier that spawned already running if you wanted to get the TPOD to go into the Point mode and track a moving target. It did that beautifully and you could go back to base, even shut down completely and start back up, re-arm and go back out and do it again. If you started the mission in a cold cockpit, it would not work for love nor money. :doh:

Exactly...

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=202752

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic128931_4.gif[/sIGPIC]

SO:Win10 64bit CPU:Intel i7 8700K@3.7 RAM:DDR4 46GB G.Skill Trident 3200MHz CL14 GPU:Nvidia EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW iCX MB:ASRock Z370 Extreme4 HDD:

512GB Samsung 970 PRO SSD M.2 NVMe + 250GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD + 2x500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM

• 1 month later...

Is this working yet? I cannot change to PT mode.

I am just learning the TPOD watching RedKite's tut on it from Jan. 25, 2018, and he has it working... But it doesn't change from AP for me..

Also, I cannot get the SSS into HTS mode. I am pressing the SSS Down button x2 times in less than .8 seconds as the manual says... I even tried it's key combo LWin+N twice. No joy.. SSS does not control the TDC..

Edited by Snacko

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Is this working yet? I cannot change to PT mode.

I am just learning the TPOD watching RedKite's tut on it from Jan. 25, 2018, and he has it working... But it doesn't change from AP for me..

Also, I cannot get the SSS into HTS mode. I am pressing the SSS Down button x2 times in less than .8 seconds as the manual says... I even tried it's key combo LWin+N twice. No joy.. SSS does not control the TDC..

In HTS mode, the SSS doesn’t control the TDC, it provides HOTAS access to TPOD options like wide/ narrow, hot/ cold polarity and so on...sparing you the pain to use MFD.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Oh, thanks for the clarification.

Sent from my Moto Z Play using Tapatalk

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

Is this just a Cold Start issue? I'm doing an Air Start, and clicking on the AR/PT MFD button does nothing.

But one time, somehow it locked and started tracking a moving tank. I was almost over top of it when it did that. I'm new to the TPod, so I don't know what's bugged or if I'm not doing something correctly..

Is this just a Cold Start issue?

Yes

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

• 2 weeks later...

Right, this is not just a cold start problem. Air Start also.

Same it sucks. We get updates on new Tarawa and F15 UFC but still have bugs from Feb with no response. Seems like very little progress being made with fixing AV8 and they have been teasing other projects...

Edited by HawkDCS

Rig: 5960X @ 4.5GHZ 32GB 3000Mhz DDR4 Titan XP Dell 3415W 21:9 Thrustmaster Warthog