Cold War 1947 - 1991

Alpenwolf

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Alpenwolf:

It's still an ongoing bug. Check here.

So that bug for the ARC terrain beacons (triggerzones) applies to the Antenna trucks (ATC Trucks) too (where you set the transmit freq in the FM  or AM band, set it to loop and have to add a mandadory soundfile in the vehicles context menu) too, am I understanding this correctly ?

( I have no dedicated server, so I cannot test for myself, I just want to fully understand what the current state is, which I admonished fe here:

)

Edited by rogorogo

5 hours ago, Alpenwolf said:

It's still an ongoing bug. Check here.

The mission was online for the first time after yesterday's update. Must be a missing asset as it's quite often the case after a reboot of the server.

I knew you were going to say something... I just knew it. I even dreamed of it and woke up in the middle of the night shaking terribly 😉

Nice to know I'm in someones dreams.
...or nightmares.

I should correct this line... " removing it completely 'doesN'T' improve them, in my opinion."

Edited by Miccara

5 hours ago, rogorogo said:

So that bug for the ARC terrain beacons (triggerzones) applies to the Antenna trucks (ATC Trucks) too (where you set the transmit freq in the FM  or AM band, set it to loop and have to add a mandadory soundfile in the vehicles context menu) too, am I understanding this correctly ?

( I have no dedicated server, so I cannot test for myself, I just want to fully understand what the current state is, which I admonished fe here:

)

Yes. Exactly that.

4 hours ago, Miccara said:

Nice to know I'm in someones dreams.
...or nightmares.

I should correct this line... " removing it completely 'doesN'T' improve them, in my opinion."

I know you meant "doesn't", otherwise the sentence wouldn't have made any sense and I wouldn't have had a nightmare 😉

3 hours ago, Raviar said:

Right now in the server something very strange happened, the MiG-29 just became invisible infront of my face during bvr fight !

A glitch perhaps? On the player's side or your side? Happens, mate.

• Thanks 1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

15 hours ago, Alpenwolf said:

Server News:

- The weather in operation The Desert Has Eyes has been changed to rainy. Let's see how "quickly" the objectives will be completed now.
- Operation Into The Desert remains without rain.
- The idea is to move the rainy weather from one mission to another, but one at a time. I know it's a tough challenge for the planes we have, but I hope you welcome challenges like that.

Don't hate me, Dawger 😉

Love the weather in this mission!

Into the Desert and The Desert has Eyes are missing LAU-88's in the Miscellaneous equipment at the airbase where A-10's are based. This means the A-10 cannot load more than one Maverick per station.

I think probably several other missions have the same issue.

image.png

Edited by =475FG= Dawger

EDsignaturefleet.jpg

Am 8.2.2022 um 12:17 schrieb Alpenwolf:

Server News:

- The weather in operation The Desert Has Eyes has been changed to rainy. Let's see how "quickly" the objectives will be completed now.
- Operation Into The Desert remains without rain.
- The idea is to move the rainy weather from one mission to another, but one at a time. I know it's a tough challenge for the planes we have, but I hope you welcome challenges like that.

Don't hate me, Dawger 😉

As the rain with recent patches has changed and does not affect FPS in the slightest anymore even on threshold systems (hello! my name is rogo an where others have a CPU with a nice first core I have two heavily unionized hamsters in a wheel on constant labor action) the mission map sector looks absolutely stunning now, especially when using basic reshade.
The occasional cloud-breaks and changing lighting conditions were great.. as was the grummeling that the f.. windshield wiper switch still does not work and the keybind that works is a secret (not that you actually need it).

It just shows how great all this could be if fe Vulkan was applied, radius sim dormancy.. aso aso.. different story.

But it also gives hope to see fog again, snow, lighting, heavy wind conditions.

Gameplay-wise it would finally also present changing challenges within the same mission (if dynamic at least to a at some point, which is not possible atm), making retention easier and nuance different parts of any loop.

Any argument to the contrary - especially with the arguments that can be expected - are dissmissible, show only a lack of understanding and/or an agenda.

That unfortunately all this gets negated by the current technical state of some modules is nothing that can be mitigated but also shows wider issues and maybe cellular hypocrisy.

Even if LotATC was debugged to be appliocable for TacCom I am not sure some of the isses blatantly showing in the new format to the point of dadaiste absurdity (while an amusing experience in itself it is not one for everyone) could be caged - I would hope but one cannot be certain.

15 hours ago, =475FG= Dawger said:

Into the Desert and The Desert has Eyes are missing LAU-88's in the Miscellaneous equipment at the airbase where A-10's are based. This means the A-10 cannot load more than one Maverick per station.

I think probably several other missions have the same issue.

image.png

I'm aware of this. Sometimes In simply forget it.

Fixed!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

On 1/30/2022 at 3:48 AM, Miccara said:

Never ends, does it?

As a tank commander, I would regularly get off the tank and look around, I’ve even stood on the tank while moving. This is a perfectly acceptable move, granted the hight is a little high.

As for cheating, I think that’s a little harsh. I do take offence to that statement. I understand your meaning, but please think before posting those type of comments. 

I go to great lengths to play fair, I have listened to other players, I realty call missiles fired out, unless I see them from the ground. 

We have lots of things required for ÇA, but it’s moving in a good direction. 

thanks,

Mike-Delta. 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Count von Altibar said:

A thumbs up to the rain and lower cloud evening last in the desert has eyes. It makes planning attacks more challenging and brings out the beauty of DCS, bad weather can for once be a good thing..! 

I really, really enjoyed the effect on this particular mission.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MarkMD said:

As a tank commander, I would regularly get off the tank and look around, I’ve even stood on the tank while moving. This is a perfectly acceptable move, granted the hight is a little high.

As for cheating, I think that’s a little harsh. I do take offence to that statement. I understand your meaning, but please think before posting those type of comments. 

I go to great lengths to play fair, I have listened to other players, I realty call missiles fired out, unless I see them from the ground. 

We have lots of things required for ÇA, but it’s moving in a good direction. 

thanks,

Mike-Delta. 

The likes of you are a rare gem in DCS. I'll keep advertising and including the Combined Arms module in my missions to hopefully get more players interested in it and maybe ED's attention to care more about it and polish it properly.

Keep doing what you're doing, mate! And I do understand some of the complaints, especially, when there's no Combined Arms player on the other side to counter your actions. Very understandable, guys, but I'm willing to risk it for the reasons mentioned above. I know it gets some players frustrated some times. I know that. But when we do have Combined Arms players on both sides, you all know how dynamic and interesting any mission can be. We have a blast and wish for it in every mission. Bear with me, please. We'll get there one day hopefully.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

9 minutes ago, LLv34_Vellu said:

I'am new with DCS but two decades with IL2 series. Right now DCS started to interest more.

I wonder why this server plane set does not include Mirage 2000C or A-4.

Both are Cold War age planes and I think they would be quite popular.

LLv34_Vellu

Skyhawk is coming and the M2000 would dunk on everything without effort.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LLv34_Vellu said:

I'am new with DCS but two decades with IL2 series. Right now DCS started to interest more.

LLv34_Vellu

I had the M-2000C on the server for about a year when it first was released. Despite being buggy and lacking many features back in the day it still dominated enemy planes easily. About 18 months ago I put it back again in operation Prince of Persia with IR missiles only just to give it another shot. The results were the same if not worse.

Check out the first post for FAQ number 9 regarding the A-4.

And welcome to the Cold War arena!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Server News:

As you know, beacons are broken in DCS on dedicated servers. After running multiple tests today and with some great help from Sedlo we got the beacons working. Check here.

I'll get on it and fix the beacons in the missions. It's somewhat of a workload, so bear with me, please.

• Thanks 4

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Server News:

The solution for the bugged beacons Sedlo came up with didn't really work well and caused the server to crash. With that, the beacons are still bugged until ED maybe fixes the issue.

Sorry, folks.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Potential Bug PHONE BOOTH @Alpenwolf& @rossmum

can you check the script for objectives completed... two days in a row we had objective complete for blue but neither side actually retook the enemy base.. or destroy a camp...
script said "blue completed ALL objectives, blue wins" on two days... 
script was also completion-triggered, full mission timer would have gone for some more hours in both cases.
Server was populated on both sides and people were involved all over.

either a typo/ED-hotifx weirdndess or a status message missing (I suspect the former).
FLAPS 1-4 was flying BLUFOR, I was REDFOR.. and we both said "huh?" afterwards... 
He did not get any further sucess messages other than "liberated Nalchik" throughout the map.

Thank you in advance!

Edited by rogorogo

1 hour ago, rogorogo said:

Potential Bug PHONE BOOTH @Alpenwolf& @rossmum

can you check the script for objectives completed... two days in a row we had objective complete for blue but neither side actually retook the enemy base.. or destroy a camp...
script said "blue completed ALL objectives, blue wins" on two days... 
script was also completion-triggered, full mission timer would have gone for some more hours in both cases.
Server was populated on both sides and people were involved all over.

either a typo/ED-hotifx weirdndess or a status message missing (I suspect the former).
FLAPS 1-4 was flying BLUFOR, I was REDFOR.. and we both said "huh?" afterwards... 
He did not get any further sucess messages other than "liberated Nalchik" throughout the map.

Thank you in advance!

I'll check it out. Didn't change anything in the mission, so it must be the recent game update.

• Thanks 1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Server News:

The latest update by ED caused some of the AI attacking convoys in operation Phone Booth to either stop moving or stop after a while before attacking the airbases. This resulted in confusing some triggers which led to a sudden server rotation or no rotation despite completing the objectives -> Fixed.

Edited by Alpenwolf
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

On 2/10/2022 at 6:44 PM, LLv34_Vellu said:

LLv34_Vellu

Hi VELLU,

Welcome to the Cold War, it’s great to get new players coming to the server.  I see you said you’ve flown in IL2, this is a great start.  We on the Cold War 1947 - 1991, try to help players like yourself and give you the support you need to succeed here with us.  We primarily use SRS for comms, the text box is a back up, but we simply don’t have the time to type to players. We understand not all pilots can use voice, we work around the by them listening and then typing to reply. 
My role is mainly GCI and Ground commander.  When you come online, ask if for me C/S: Merlin for GCI, I also go by C/S: Mike-Delta for when I’m flying. I’ll give you tasks depending upon your skill set, direct you and if needed, give you help on how to engage. The server is fast, dynamic, and ruthless at times.

We are mainly on between 1800hrs to 0200hrs GMT.  Thanks once again for trying out at the Cold War server, we hope you’ll enjoy what we do, and how we work. There’s plenty of things you will learn, we have a great community if your having issues please ask. 

Thanks,

Mike-Delta / GCI

• Like 3

Mission tonight?

Hi guys, was it just me, or is there a mission on tonight?  We’ve had some great fights over the last few nights, it’s been a great battle both in the air, and on the ground. It takes a lot to get my blood moving, but it’s been pumping well over the last week.

Fingers crossed for some good team work on both sides…

See you all in the next fight…

Mike-Delta

• Like 2