Cold War 1947 - 1991

Alpenwolf

Any chance of brining in the SU25 on the Arabian night mission? There is no need for R60M’s, purely as a ground striker.

Yeah, can't see why not. Blue's got the Harrier and the Viggen.

Will do.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

A few of us would really like to see more ‘Fight Island’ & ‘One night in Arabia’ missions.

The intense battles on both these missions are increasing the fun factor. Also a short travel distance for both attack and transport helicopters would be great, with increased AAA and short range SAM’s on all Farps. This might attract more Hilo pilots to the field.

DEVILS - COLD WAR AVIATORS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A few of us would really like to see more ‘Fight Island’ & ‘One night in Arabia’ missions.

The intense battles on both these missions are increasing the fun factor. Also a short travel distance for both attack and transport helicopters would be great, with increased AAA and short range SAM’s on all Farps. This might attract more Hilo pilots to the field.

I get it, buddy. They're among my favourtie missions too.

One Night in Arabia will go online tonight! in 1-2 hours. See you there.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Bloody awesome night battle!

Few thoughts during the mission:

• Adding a few manpads to give the strikers something to think about when going low. Also to keep strafing hilos to their side of the island unless they go in with supporting armor.

• adding on Shilkas and making the Vulcans more agile (I didnt have to dodge a single AAA in the SU25 and the F5.

• adding on Carriers (Kuznetsov for the Red and Tarawa for the Blue) for hilo operations only. The carriers would only have AAA as defense. They could be situated much closer to the island so that the hilos could quickly drop units on the island and return within a few minutes for the next one. I’m not sure if it is possible to pick up cargo/units from a carrier..

• maybe also put one or two player controlled light ships that could patrol the area between the carrier and the island to give AAA cover for the Hilos. The hilos are really sitting ducks on that path, considering most of the fighters are on their own mission.

Edited by NELLUS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Bloody awesome night battle!

Few thoughts during the mission:

• Adding a few manpads to give the strikers something to think about when going low. Also to keep strafing hilos to their side of the island unless they go in with supporting armor.

• adding on Shilkas and making the Vulcans more agile (I didnt have to dodge a single AAA in the SU25 and the F5.

• adding on Carriers (Kuznetsov for the Red and Tarawa for the Blue) for hilo operations only. The carriers would only have AAA as defense. They could be situated much closer to the island so that the hilos could quickly drop units on the island and return within a few minutes for the next one.

• maybe also put one or two player controlled light ships that could patrol the area between the carrier and the island to give AAA cover for the Hilos. The hilos are really sitting ducks on that path, considering most of the fighters are on their own mission.

Totally supporting Nellus, that would bring more challenge on this mission that have a lot of potential, which is not used at is maximum for the moment :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

[DEVILS]

Totally supporting Nellus, that would bring more challenge on this mission that have a lot of potential, which is not used at is maximum for the moment :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Instead of the kustnetsov you can maybe add the new Chinese support landing ship with helicopter capabilities , would be cool to see new units and the development of naval battle on some missions :thumbup::lol::smilewink:

[DEVILS]

First, almost everyone went nuts when the mission first went online, now it's very popular :smilewink:

This is why I kept things very simple so that everyone can adapt to the night mission. Which is why it's only BTR-80's vs M-113's mainly and some artillery units. That's it.

I've noticed how easy it is to do some striking without worrying about actual threats except for enemy fighters. MANPAD's don't operate at night and basically everyone would start dropping out of the sky. Not good.

Other ground units are a possibility as I've been testing some lately for this very mission.

Picking up crates from a ship is not doable. Not at the moment at least.

Might keep this mission as it is and make a new one at night with advanced objectives.

We'll see...

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Server News:

- The weather in the mission Hold The Line has changed to sunny and no clouds. Dust smoke is enabled.

- The mission goes online tonight.

Note:

The only reason behind rainy weathers in some missions is to obscure the immense amount of dust generated by ground units when even driving at a low speed or even on grass as it is in the Caucasus map. That simply helps pilots detect ground units easily the second they start moving around. You can hardly take strikers by surprise any more with AA units. In addition, low flying aircraft, especially helicopters are then also easily detected. These two factors change the impact of things on things very notably.

We'll see how Hold The Line plays out tonight.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

The OH-58D Kiowa Warrior:

A lot of you have asked me (mainly via pm which is not necessary - stick to this thread, please) if the Kiowa is going to be on the server. According to Wikipedia the OH-58D had its first flight on October the 6th 1983. But did the first version have all the systems the DCS Kiowa Warrior will have? Do you guys think I should give it a try? I mean, we use the Harrier to simulate an older version of itself by taking away its AA missiles. And that's really silly.

I love helicopters a lot so I don't want to make a biased decision here.

Just share your thoughts, please.

S!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

The OH-58D Kiowa Warrior:

A lot of you have asked me (mainly via pm which is not necessary - stick to this thread, please) if the Kiowa is going to be on the server. According to Wikipedia the OH-58D had its first flight on October the 6th 1983. But did the first version have all the systems the DCS Kiowa Warrior will have? Do you guys think I should give it a try? I mean, we use the Harrier to simulate an older version of itself by taking away its AA missiles. And that's really silly.

I love helicopters a lot so I don't want to make a biased decision here.

Just share your thoughts, please.

S!

Yeah the Kiowa should definitely be in the server, in my opinion, as AA he only get stingers for AG Hellfire is in service since 1985

And it is going to bring new players in the server

[DEVILS]

I think it would be great for the Hilo community to have all Hilo variants available, no matter technology. I will personally get the KA50 on the next sale, but was getting hesitant if it was going to get removed. Hilos need every kind of pro on their side since they are, most of the time, a sitting duck. I vote for that all hilos should be allowed.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Makes perfect sense with the rain then..

Does the dust go away when there is a broken cloud cover? (5/5 of the sky with rain)?

I dont mind overcast, but if there is a way to get some sunlight in with the same dust damping effect then that would be great.

Edited by NELLUS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My vote is for the Kiowa. Alpenwolf will make sure it’s used in a sensible way. We are far from a completely accurate CW environment anyway

Win 10 Pro | Trustmaster Warthog | MFG Rudders | VivePro Wireless Gear Lens modded | 1080ti OC Asus | 32 GB DD4 RAM | i7 9700 | Razer Chroma Orbweaver Keypad | Corsair KB | Derek Switchbox | USB Keypad | Logitech 502 | Jetseat with SimShaker Software | TrackIR5 | Autotkey | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs | Monstertech Mounts | Saitek Throttle Quadrant

The Vikhrs on the KA50 is it’s main weapon, and I think it should stay that way. Same with the future Kiowa, Hind, Cobra, Bo105.. the list is long :)

Fixed wing aircraft are bit different, but the way the Harrier has been shaped is a great way of keeping them in the sim and adding Harrier pilots to the server.

I think the Harrier should be added to the majority of the missions, purely as a ground pounder. The SU25 has got it’s R60M’s removed or heavily reduced, and it doesn't really matter since it usually flies in with CAP.. and so should the Harrier.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

... I will personally get the KA50 on the next sale, but was getting hesitant if it was going to get removed...

GET IT! It's a must helicopter! And read the manual, especially the over 200 pages part about the ABRIS system. You will love it and probably fly nothing else for a while.

I never said the Ka-50 will be removed from the server once the Hind arrives. What I said (wrote) was that the number of available Ka-50's will be reduced. In fact, they were reduced from 6 to 4 last year and 4 to 2 this year. The last mission was Once Upon a Time in Abu Dhabi which had 4 x Ka-50's until it was put back online days ago. Now it's only 2 x Ka-50's.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

GET IT! It's a must helicopter! And read the manual, especially the over 200 pages part about the ABRIS system. You will love it and probably fly nothing else for a while.

I never said the Ka-50 will be removed from the server once the Hind arrives. What I said (wrote) was that the number of available Ka-50's will be reduced. In fact, they were reduced from 6 to 4 last year and 4 to 2 this year. The last mission was Once Upon a Time in Abu Dhabi which had 4 x Ka-50's until it was put back online days ago. Now it's only 2 x Ka-50's.

Copy that :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I had a great time during the night Persian Gulf mission yesterday. Pretty sure I splashed a blue Viggen though. Sorry mate.

Edited by DrRed

Northrop F-5E TIGER II

Intel i7-9700k @ 5.0 GHz | GTX 3070 | 32 GB | HTC VIVE PRO 2
Virpil T50 CM2 base + CM2 grip | CM2 Throttle | VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV

You really really really have to watch this interview with ED! Nice work there, Grim Reapers. Incredible interview with lots of information:

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Server News:

Operation Battle Over Sukhumi Unleashed is back online:

- To capture an airbase/FARP, you'll need to unpack your crate.

- The number of MiG-29A's/M-2000C's has been reduced from 10 to 6.

- MiG-29A's spawn at Maykop airbase but can land and be saved at Sochi airbase too. R-73's are available at the two airbases only.

- M-2000C's spawn at Nalchik airbase but can land and be saved at Batumi airbase too. Magic ll's are available at the two airbases only.

- Instead of snow and winter, it's dry and autumn. Fog and dust are enabled. A storm has hit the Caucasus.

- Same weapons' restrictions as in all missions. The Harriers and the Su-25's have no AA missiles.

- The mission will go online tonight after the mission One Night in Arabia around 18-19 zulu.

NOTE:

Cmdr operators MUST be on SRS and speak English. You can't occupy the slot just to drive units around and talk to one or two friends without answering other pilots' calls. You can use the JTAC slot for that purpose. However, you'll need to be in touch with the cmdr operator on SRS if he's available.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments